Discovery Gaming Community
Priority message from the RHA SOA - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Priority message from the RHA SOA (/showthread.php?tid=22898)

Pages: 1 2

Priority message from the RHA SOA - Blodo - 07-07-2009

Message to: Rote Hessen Oberkommando
CC: All Hessian Senior Officers, Coalition Admiralty, Volksfront Oberkommando, LWB Oberkommando, Alster Union Oberkommando
Comm ID: Major Gunther Hoerst, RHA Spezialoperationabteilung

Fellow compatriots,

This is a report owing to the destruction of the gunboat RHGB Tiger in Omega-5 space this afternoon, on 01:37:22 Sirius Mean Time. Official Ronneburg reports will state that the ship was destroyed by a organised Corsair assault until further notice.

Recordings from the ship's black box retrieved later on by our hazard teams show a very grim image. After careful analysis, we have determined that the images of the ships present not only the usual alien infested Military ships that we have been encountering in Omega-5 quite a lot lately. We have identified a completely alien design present among them. Refer to attachments #1 and #2 for visual data of the ships present.

Attachment #1
[Image: x0pe93.jpg]

Attachment #2
[Image: 70gw45.jpg]

The scans of the vessel in attachment #2 are still under analysis by our research department on Vogtland. Results of the analysis will be provided as soon as they are completed. What we do know for sure is that the encountered alien ship is carrying an immense amount of firepower, unprecedented for a ship of such size. It is currently unknown whether the encounter was an alien prototype of some sort, or a ship that is to be commonly expected. The final minutes of the black box recording showed exactly how destructive the purple beams of the vessel were.

Attachment #3
[Image: m7g7ci.jpg]
All of the bodies from the destroyed ship were recovered intact, unfortunately with no survivors. As feared as our gunships are throughout the sector, it is most worrying that one can fall in such a short time to these alien invaders. Patrols in the immediate Ronneburg area shall be revised immediately.

Gentlemen, this report has been created in order to warn you of the imminent threat that has been brewing under the cover of the Omega-5 war. Despite the Corsair barbarians constantly trying to push through our lines, we need to now more than ever consolidate our resources in a feat of reconnaisance and research, in order to pinpoint the exact source of these... "Nomads" and their immediate as well as the final goal in the Omega sector. This is a matter of comparable priority to replacing the Rheinland government itself, as it is of utmost importance for us to prevent yet another infestation of the higher arches of our Vaterland.

ADDENDUM:

Of notice is the Order ship present on the shot in attachment #1. The ship's scans have confirmed it to be carrying two alien devices onboard. The Captain's log reveals a planned attempt at questioning the pilot. It is regrettable that this could not have been completed. These logs have been analysed and passed to the Oberkommando. They will deal with them as they see fit.

Garbled transmissions recovered from the black box mostly contain no useful data, aside from this one snippet:

Code:
Order|Reavengitair: This powercell belongs to the Order.
Order|Reavengitair: As said. We will not let it go easily
Order|Reavengitair: So long as it does not activate, it is in...
Order|Reavengitair: Lets say...
Order|Reavengitair: "safe hands".

At the moment we do not possess further information on the specifications or exact function of this "powercell" the Order pilot mentions. We can only assume he was referring to the two devices of alien origin he was carrying onboard his ship. If these devices are anything like the artifacts we've recovered, it would be of special concern for us to obtain an exact model ourselves. A discovery like this could well lead to a way to defeat these alien incursions once and for all.

I will leave the conclusions to your collective leaderships.

Regards,
Hoerst

Priority message from the RHA SOA - Benjamin - 07-07-2009

[Image: tulseluper-1.jpg]
Comm ID: Helmut Pajo, Landwirtrechtbewegung

Major Hoerst, let me first offer my condolences for the loss of your brave pilots. It is always a sad day when this occurs. Ships can be repaired, guns built anew, supplies bought or stolen, but people are the lifeblood of our struggle and they are irreplaceable.

Secondly, your alien vessel. Looking at these images, there is no doubt in my mind. I have seen one of these ships before. Like in these pictures, it was with two infested Rheinlanders. But I must warn you, this wasn't out in the distant Omegas - this was in Rheinland! In my own Stuttgart system, in the very Ostnebel we call home. I fought with it, and I can say from first-hand experience that it moved like nothing I've ever seen. I was outnumbered, outgunned and outmatched, but I hear that Richter took the Erste Ernte out and kept Rheinland safe for the time being while I was recuperating. But, these developments may already be further along than you feared.

I'm sorry I can't bring you better news.

Helmut

Priority message from the RHA SOA - sovereign - 07-07-2009

Incoming Transmission:
Comm ID: Klaus Schneider, Volksfront
Source: Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt

This is most distressing... it has been some time since I have had contact with the Wild, but I can confirm that their arsenal grows more deadly by the minute. The recent attack on Freeport 1 shows how confidant they are in their abilities... although it will be awhile before the Zoners pass along enough data to calculate the strength of the attack fleet, and how much damage they are capable of causing.

Several weeks ago I procured a visa to visit our friends in the Coalition, and I think that this is a good time to go see them. Perhaps they can offer us some insight or support against this threat before they grow too big to control... I have the strangest feeling that the worst is yet to come.

I've arranged for several of our research staff to be transferred to Ronneburg Base to help with your investigations. I'd also like to find out more about this Order agent... we've had some good connections with the Order in the past, and perhaps it is time to refresh those friendships. I'll see what I can dig up with my contacts who have moved on to their area of space, and keep a lookout for him.

Perhaps... perhaps we should also create a common reserve of information acquired about the Wild, sightings, new ships, etc. It might help coordinate our efforts, and equip us better to deal with them. It might also let them know exactly what we know about them, though... something we cannot have. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll be heading over toward Omega-52. Hopefully they have some good news... it's been awhile since I heard any.

Klaus out.

Priority message from the RHA SOA - Varyag - 07-07-2009

Com ID: RHC-10 Varyag

Major, we have entered their space and obtained one of their artifacts. The Varyag is currently being checked for infestation, she took some damage from the Wilde on the run and they pierced our hull.
With the damaged sustained to our cruiser, we had the cell transferred to a secure holding field on a transport orbiting the station. We are reading some strange energy signatures from the device and the crew of the transport is nervous. Right now, I have to attend the funeral for the gun crew of turret 9. It was heavily damaged there and we lost the team.

That is all for now, let me know how you want to handle this "artifact."

My XO, Ackart, would like to know when the funeral for our comrads will be held. He fought along the Tiger many times and wants to show his friendship.

Commander RH Cruiser Varyag

Heissner out

Priority message from the RHA SOA - farmerman - 07-07-2009

[Image: eva.jpg]

*transmission begins*

This is indeed an ominous situation. My condolences to the lost crew, but for now we must move forward lest all of us meet their fate, ja?

I, too, have seen one of these strange ships. It was several weeks ago in the Westnebel. It accompanied one of the strange Wilde ships and what seemed to be an infested Rheinland-built Gunboat. We were able to destroy it, we thought, but we received strange messages that it was not done with.

The LWB has, as you know, been very suspicious of this so called "Order" after their agents attempted to kill some of our members. Word has it that they like to cavort with the Corsairs, but if they are fighting these threats, it is welcome news.

Is there a way for Hessian researchers to get a hold of these devices and experiment for themselves?

I do hope we will be able to continue these defenses.

*transmission ends*

Priority message from the RHA SOA - bluntpencil2001 - 07-07-2009

To: [color=#FFFFFF]Rheinland's Revolutionaries
Comm. ID: Comandante Adrian 'Ares' o Jovem
Priority: Medium
Subject: Research expedition

---Communications Opened---

Captain Heisner of the [RHA]Varyag has recently informed myself of a recent foray into Omegas 55 and 58, where his vessel was able to retrieve a Nomad Powercell for research purposes into our foe's capabilities.

Currently, a mixed faction scientific taskforce is being assembled as we ready a strike team to gather more intelligence and enemy technology.

All units wishing to assist, send officers to the briefing room on Ronneburg's command deck immediately.

-Ares out

---Communications Terminated--

Priority message from the RHA SOA - Ironwatsas - 07-07-2009

INCOMMING TRANSMISSION

Source: Nurse Olga
Dest: Rheinland Revolutionary Alliance
Subject: Situation report

Guten Tag, all.

Ich am happy to report another victory und die recovery of a second power cell. Die combined forces of die RHA, SCRA, und VF managed to breach die Wilden's base of operations und capture one. Unfortinately, we faced heavy resistance from die wilden, und lost die element of surprise und speed. However, our operation was totally sucessful.

We habe two cells now, one on Vogtland, die other in Omega-54. Ich am studyink die first one personally.

But dere are two thinks we need from now on.

Firstly, we are now in desperate need of additional scientific aid to halp study these artifacts. Und we cannot trust outside parties such as die Order at zis time. Secondly, we will need to dramatically increase our defenses around Vogtland und Omega-54, incase of a Wilde counter attack.

We will need all available vessels of die RHA, SCRA, LWB, und VF placed in high alert und double patrols in die area. Any Wilde activity could be a precursor to an attack!

Fur now, ich habe studies to do und wounds to heal. To those who aided in die battle today, you did very gut.

~Nurse Olga

TRANSMISSION END

Priority message from the RHA SOA - bluntpencil2001 - 07-07-2009

To: [color=#FFFFFF]Rheinland's Revolutionaries
Comm. ID: Commander Theodor Maximilian
Priority: Medium
Subject: Research teams

---Communications Opened---

Guten Tag!

As some of you may well know, I served with one Kapitan Richthofen, on board the SCRA|CPW-Genghis.Khan. Before this, I served with him in the Order, and the Rheinland Military. As well as being his executive officer, I was also in charge of research aboard his vessels. I have been exposed to the Nomads, their technology and their methodology many times in the past. I played an instrumental part in the development of Illogic Protocol as well as the Repetition Method, both used to defend against Nomad mental assault.

At present, I am assembling a team of our best scientists and researchers at Mykolaiv Research Station, in order to assist with any matters regarding our enemy, be it technological, psychological or biological, even economical.

They await to be informed as to where they are required.

Should it be permissible, they shall be accompanied by intelligence and commissariat operatives, in order to prevent spies that are either in the employ of the Nomads, or infected by them, from affecting our work. A platoon of elite marines, non-human foes being their speciality, are also standing by to act as a bodyguard unit.

In the situation we are in, such extreme caution cannot truly be considered paranoia. Trust me, I've stared these monsters in the eye and lived to tell the tale.

I would further add the recommendation that every single man or women under your command be issued cyanide pills for use in the event of capture. Dying is a much better fate than that meted out to those captured, I am sad to say.

Still, we have hope, having recently struck hard against said enemies.

Yours,

Commander Theodor Maximilian

---Communications Terminated--

Priority message from the RHA SOA - Blodo - 07-07-2009

Message to: Rheinland Revolutionary Alliance
CC: Coalition Admiralty
Comm ID: Brigadegeneral Kaspar Meisnerr, RHA Oberkommando

Gentlemen, as Major Hoerst elaborately stated it: This matter is of utmost importance, which is why I am elevating it to high priority, and putting him in direct command of the Red Hessian team that will be working on this.

Now first of all our defenses are completely unprepared for an attack from behind, and we have been losing units all along the line ever since yesterday. Just now Major Hoerst delivered a report that the Freital defense force has been attacked by a precision strike from an unknown location, one that managed to take out the RHC Jeschke and the RHC Hessen in a single blow. Both ships are going to need extensive shipyard work to recover, which is going to put them out of service for weeks. Kapitan Hauser of the Jeschke is currently in the medical bay on Freital, recovering from extensive burns. It was convenient that Freital's imaging equipment was down for maintenance when the attack occured, and the only scan we have of the attacker is the following:

Attachment #1
[Image: 1zlyp1w.jpg]

That, gentlemen, is a Liberty ship. The event log suggests it is likely alien infested to the very core, not to mention extremely dangerous. All our ships will be ordered to be on a permanent lookout for this vessel, and will recieve orders to fire at will. The destruction of this abomination is paramount to securing our flanks.

That aside, as much as I would like to say otherwise our own tactical situation is extremely bad at the moment. The enemy has the technological advantage, the element of surprise, no defense line to maintain... and the list goes on. They already demonstrated how they can effectively take out our strongpoints in the quickest of blows, long before our backup arrives. This is of course completely unacceptable, and we will need to work to not only recover from these losses, but to establish a choking noose around the source of these attacks, before they are allowed to spread. Everything in our power needs to be done to force these aliens into the defensive, even the blasted Corsairs are second priority compared to that!

So therefore I am hereby allowing the Rheinland Revolutionary Alliance and Coalition forces full access to Ronneburg and Freital. Allied tech teams, marines, pilots, researchers, even Coalition commissars... all personnel will recieve accomodation, even if we have to expand the base to make it so. In addition to that I am ordering standing forces to change tactics towards maintaing a defensive line against the Corsairs, while directing the additional assault forces towards armed recon in our own backyard. I don't think I need to mention how important this is?

Oh and there is one more thing:

Attachment #2
[Image: vfxnk3.jpg]

The Jeschke managed to take a scan of this... thing, flying next to it before it was disabled. It seems that this is the exact same ship that assisted in the destruction of the Tiger yesterday. I believe it is safe to assume that if this ship has a pilot at all, whoever controls it is in command of these stronger alien attacks. I will send whatever details we can scrape out of that scan to the RRA and Coalition research departments myself once they can make heads or tails of the data that they have.

Regards,
Meisnerr

Priority message from the RHA SOA - Blodo - 07-25-2009

Message to: Rheinland Revolutionary Alliance
CC: Coalition Admiralty

Despite our defense's initial losses to organised and coordinated alien attacks, I am pleased to inform you meine Herren that we have managed to not only recover but also strike back. SOA operatives aided by elite Rote Hesse Armee pilots have recently conducted a counterstrike mission against massing Wilde forces in the Stuttgart system. Although the Rheinland regulars also arrived on the scene to battle their former brethren, foiling the capture of the last remaining infestees, our squadrons managed to successfully destroy several infested spacecraft and recover entire cargoholds of alien machinery and devices.

All of what we captured that day has already been catalogued and added to the roster by our research teams. We will collect as much data on these things as possible within the following week. As promised, by the end of this same week we will transfer all of our research material and data to Mykolaiv, Omega-52 for further study. Teams of our own scientists who have been working on this project will arrive in the system shortly after the transfer is completed. Hopefully further developments can be made there with the help of a joint research team composed of capable men and women from our entire alliance.

For the final victory.

Regards,
Gunther Hoerst

---

--- encrypted message begins ---
Message to: Commander Theodor Maximilian, Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army

As mentioned in the RRA transmission, we have catalogued all our findings. The first transport will contain the primary research items, along with a copy of all the data that we have gathered on the Wilde so far onboard Vogtland and Northeim.

Take note: Our scientists have once again reviewed the reconnaisance data that you have transferred to us several months past, hinting on the involvement of the Outcasts in these xenomorph attacks. While we were unable to figure out the exact reason why this would be happening, several of the items we have recovered from the Wilde ships during the past few days are indeed confirmed to be actual Outcast technology. This of course worries me a lot, just like it does the leadership of our entire movement. I am sharing this with you to underline the gravity of the situation. We fear we may have all been led into a ruse.

No decisions will be made before a final review however. We will expect your transport to arrive at the end of the week, the list of cargo that will be transferred to it is as follows:
  • Six (6) alien modified weapons of Outcast origin, base model identified as "Kraken Type 2".
  • Four (4) unknown weapons of alien origin.
  • Three (3) energy generators of alien origin.
  • Twenty five (25) cargo units of unknown devices and machinery of alien origin.
  • Five (5) confirmed alien infested humans, preserved in cryo-stasis.
  • Two (2) server racks containing approx. 20 Gq of research data in total regarding the above listed items.
Security should be strong, but not as strong as to alarm the Corsairs. After all, we'll be forced to take it through the very centre of our defensive line.

Regards,
Gunther Hoerst

--- encrypted message ends ---