Discovery Gaming Community
Cut Prices In Half! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cut Prices In Half! (/showthread.php?tid=23267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Cut Prices In Half! - Thexare - 07-13-2009

I knew that title would draw some attention.

Just for everything fighter-related. Let's take a standard VHF setup. Prices rounded for easier math.

Eagle: 1,750,000
Six Class 9 Guns: 150,000 each; 900,000 total.
Armor: 15,000,000
Misc.: 1,000,000-6,000,000
Total: 18,650,000-23,650,000

That's not accounting for ridiculous purchases like Cheetah Thrusters or even Infernos that are basically standard Outcast equipment. Nor am I including codenames or Purple Goddesses; just a standard Heavy Flashpoint/Debilitator setup, maybe including a Mini Razor.

That's ridiculous.

So, why not cut 'em in half? Just fighter stuff, of course; bombers and the SNAC would be the same price, as would capitals. This would also help make fighter craft more newbie-friendly as they can be set up more easily through missions, but people would still have to trade for bigger ships.

Just so we're clear, yes, this is partially for selfish reasons too, as I no longer have a trader. Got wiped for inactivity and I don't see the point in setting up a new ship that costs 40,000,000 just to be able to set up ships that cost 20,000,000 in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd elaborate more, but I gotta go to work.

Cut Prices In Half! - Birdtalon - 07-13-2009

/signed

It costs far too much just to set up a basic fighter these days.

Cut Prices In Half! - Guest - 07-13-2009

I like to RP, not set up ships...

/signed

Cut Prices In Half! - swift - 07-13-2009

I fully agree that fighters should be more accessible.
But how to lower these prices without lowering bomber prices?
That won't be easy.
Since both fighters and bombers use razors and infernos, as well as same armor types, and those things take away the biggest portion of the price.

Therefore, if we'd want to lower fighter prices, with doing that we'd have to lower bomber ones as well.
It could be done by decreasing prices of armor, while increasing the price of the SNAC and Nova, so the bombers would remain equal in price because those two things cancel each other out, and fighters would become cheaper to make.

Cut Prices In Half! - Birdtalon - 07-13-2009

' Wrote:I like to RP, not set up ships...

/signed

Also /signed

Cut Prices In Half! - Eppy - 07-13-2009

...I want ALL prices slashed...

Except bombers. Each bomber should cost 1.2 billion credits to outfit.

(And only one of those statements is serious. Figure out which one is and isn't)

Cut Prices In Half! - Elsdragon - 07-13-2009

/signed. Fighters need to be cheaper.

Cut Prices In Half! - Colonel.Tigh - 07-13-2009

Cheaper VHF would be nice, i wont care anymore i have the cash, but i remember how long it took me to buy the first one, and how long more, before i could affort the mk8 armor.

but with the new, x2,1 armor for only 5 million, a fighter ist playable with about 8 million cash, takeing away one million from the VHF cost, would leave one with 7 million to pay.

Not mutch sense there, but the Kingfischer for example could be lowered in Price as a starter ship, its civillian, subpar to all the VHF, but still a fine ship. That one for under a million on Planet Manhatten.

Cut Prices In Half! - atlantis2112 - 07-13-2009

/ Signed

And its not like you can live without the equipment listed. Its necessary if you want any chance at all in a fight..

Cut Prices In Half! - Elsdragon - 07-13-2009

Quote:Cheaper VHF would be nice, i wont care anymore i have the cash

Not everyone has the cash

Quote:but with the new, x2,1 armor for only 5 million

THE WHAT?! NEVER EVER Seen that.

Quote:but with the new, x2,1 armor for only 5 million, a fighter ist playable with about 8 million cash, takeing away one million from the VHF cost, would leave one with 7 million to pay.
Its not. Armor 8 is nearly required. And I have never heard of that armor....FUrthermore, A razor OR tcd is needed. And Mines......

Quote:Not mutch sense there

THeres plenty of sense there

Quote:but the Kingfischer for example could be lowered in Price as a starter ship, its civillian, subpar to all the VHF, but still a fine ship. That one for under a million on Planet Manhatten.

Its a HF, Of Course it is lighter. Its not subpar for a HF, and my HF could take your VHF...