Discovery Gaming Community
Damaged by unarmed bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Damaged by unarmed bases (/showthread.php?tid=23421)

Pages: 1 2

Damaged by unarmed bases - DiscoveryAccount - 07-16-2009

Ok, since I'm flying a fighter, I noticed a bug and I'd be surprised no one ever noticed it. Unless I'm the only one who gets that bug.

When I'm on base destroying missions, I always receive damage from "nothing" when I'm in firing range of the stations. They're not throwing missiles at me, they're not shooting lasers or whatever at me and they haven't even got guns and my ship gets damaged!

Something really have to be done about that because it's soo frustrating. And my ship gets blown up in less than 10 seconds.

Ok my fighter only has about 2k hull hp band same for shield but it was a level 9 mission.

I only hope that's not normal to be shot down by invisible station guns. Ans it's the same for weapon platforms.. but sometimes they throw missiles TOO.

Damaged by unarmed bases - reavengitair - 07-16-2009

It could be lag. It happens sometimes... your hull can mysteriously go down.

Damaged by unarmed bases - Nightmouse - 07-16-2009

It happened to me as well, and not due to lag, my average ping is 33 to 40 without loss or lag.
It seems like the "guns" are only able to damage you when you pass certain parts of the station, once you're in a blind spot, you're safe.

Damaged by unarmed bases - DiscoveryAccount - 07-16-2009

It's not lag I'm sure of it.

There's no guns on the stations :mellow:

And I haven't noticed that you get damage at only some places. But when you have to blow up 6 weapon platforms and a station, it gets hard to find a blind spot. Anyway the fact is they deal damage and they don't even shoot at me using guns (or missiles or anything else than could damage me). And I've completed over 5 missions like those and it's always the same.

Damaged by unarmed bases - sampankaj001 - 07-16-2009

It happens to me also at colarado, I'm on base destroying missions but the base can't take damage & my Liberty Gunboat was blown in just 15-20 sec.
Also there is no fighter to protect that base.

Damaged by unarmed bases - gafiaiiu - 07-16-2009

Yes, the cause of this is actual invisible guns, similar to the problem with the cids, however, there's such a large amount of base guns, that the devs haven't been able to find the right ones.

Damaged by unarmed bases - Internity - 07-16-2009

Something strange happend to me too while doing "station destroy / base destruction " missions. I had some faction guns class 9 magma hammers, 4 of them. And I was hitting the station in front of me constant but it wasn't taking any damage. I decided to launch a ripper mine on it and it worked ! I figured out that mines or torpedos are to be used against those missions.

Damaged by unarmed bases - atlantis2112 - 07-16-2009

Yeah in a rare Spyglass attack on NY (First and last time, don't worry gents), I couldn't see the Missuri's shots. Luckily I had tested its range, exactly 3.5K away:)

Damaged by unarmed bases - MarvinCZ - 07-16-2009

It is a known bug without a known solution.

They are armed bases, but neither their guns nor their shots are visible.

Damaged by unarmed bases - Dejavu - 07-16-2009

This has happened to me to whilst repping my RM, I wast going to post anything because I thought it was just me. I dont think its lag either because my ping is always on 80-100 and only get lag when i enter a fight with another player. If there is no solution to this, what are we going to do?