Discovery Gaming Community
Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Daily Time Limit per IP in server? (/showthread.php?tid=23787)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - Fletcher - 07-23-2009

Is it just me, or is the server almost constantly locked with player max message? I have been able to get in with a bit of patience, and some rapid click and enter.

So, I have a proposal, and nothing more.

Should there be a daily time limit on how long one IP can stay active in the server? I mean, its harsh for the hard workers and traders, yes. But, there are other people who want to play.

A side effect, is that we can slightly nudge people to not get addicted to this game. The negative side effect is, people will get cheesed off.

Feedback?

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - Tommeh - 07-23-2009

hmm,I don't like this idea,and it's just you.
I only get that message at evening,and you can always get in,you keep trying for 40 seconds and I you can be sure that you will get in.
I woke up in morning in 8h and I am on server through day several hours,not in one piece,it's splitted during day,and I can say that server wasn't full during day not once.
It only happens at evening in my time zone.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not "OMG I CAN;T GET IN ONOEZ!", only at a certain time when I'm on here, can I get in with no hassles, and thats with 180 people at about early afternoon here, or morning. That is when I'm not home, or not awake.:lol:

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - swift - 07-23-2009

Short and sweet, nope.

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - Hundra - 07-23-2009

It would honestly feel like a slap in the face, if I was having a great time RPing with faction members, etc, and randomly get a disconnection notice.

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - dead_shot - 07-23-2009

No, as it won't help. Simple router restart could fix that one.

EDIT: First come first serve basis is more then fair

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - Monk - 07-23-2009

Unless you are talking about cutting it down to levels that would be in the order of like 1 to 2 hours I don't think this will work. I'm just guessing but I think the bulk of the peak time players aren't on for an unreasonable amount of time.

I was estimating at 4-5 hour limit, not short at all. But thats me.

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - atlantis2112 - 07-23-2009

I don't like this idea. Why should there be a limit on how much we can play?

Daily Time Limit per IP in server? - Monk - 07-23-2009

' Wrote:I was estimating at 4-5 hour limit, not short at all. But thats me.

If it were to be done, and I doubt it would, could the time limits only be imposed during peak hours. When I have insomnia I play for hours on end but that is when there are only like 80 people are on (Sheesh, 80 seems like a ton of people compared to how the server used to be:P)