Discovery Gaming Community
A Question for the Zoners - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: A Question for the Zoners (/showthread.php?tid=24780)

Pages: 1 2 3

A Question for the Zoners - farmerman - 08-13-2009

[Image: eva.jpg]

*transmission begins*

Good day, Zoners.

I come to you with an important question today. Do you know the horrible conditions Synth Foods has left Planet Stuttgart?

Now, if you do, how can you justify your continued use of their horrendous paste? Our own sources have seen it sold and consumed on Freeport 1 and 2. In addition, we have seen several ships under your colors admitting to the treacherous crime of both eating and selling the paste. On occasion, we've heard reports of such on other Zoner stations, though we cannot verify this at this time.

Is your intention to anger and harm the farmers of Sirius, or do you have some other reason for such actions?

*transmission ends*

A Question for the Zoners - BlueSpawn - 08-13-2009

.::Incoming Transmission::.
Message to : Whom It May Concern
Comm ID: Yev Lightwing, Shipmaster, (]c[)

To Whom It May Concern,

The Zoners Consortium, (]c[), is not typically found trading Synth Paste. If you have visual records of this please feel free to forward it to our Headquarters.
In regards to the selling, eating, and buying of Synth Paste: if any person wishes to purchase or consume this product, he/she is free to do so in our Freeports. There is no obligation to either buy or eat Synth Paste and if these actions are deemed illegal in Rheinland space, please present us a document from Rheinland authorities that states this edict. The Zoners Consortium will be more than happy to comply with any laws set by Rheinland authorities.

Warm regards,
Yev Lightwing, Shipmaster, (]c[)

A Question for the Zoners - Doc Holliday - 08-13-2009

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
To: Ms. Eva Morgenrot

Guten Tag, Ms. Morgenrot,

Your complaint is read and heard. In conjunction with what Mr. Lightwing said, we can't regulate what every Zoner ship is hauling but the transport of Synthe paste has always been discouraged and will continue to be done so. I personally have never carried that stuff nor will I ever aboard my ship. That, Ms. Morgenrot, is a promise. I've tried the stuff once and can't figure out how people eat it!

For the record, the food I do transport are vegetables and poultry products from the many farms on Gran Canaria. And, since Mrs. Holliday is from Honshu and her parents are part of a small fishing community there, I pick up stores of rice and fish quite often from there. So as you can tell, no Synthe paste.

If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

Yours in Eris,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
Chairman, CoZ

*transmission begins*

Greetings Mr Lightwing. The Zoners Consortium is not a group I am familiar with in spreading the horrible paste. I thank you for the reply, though take this as a warning that taking Synth Paste through the Rheinland area is bad for one's health.

Mr Holliday, I thank you for the detailed response. I am glad to hear this practice is discouraged.

On that note, what sort of farming is carried out on this Gran Canaria? I am unfamiliar with such a place. Perhaps the Zoners are so so misguided after all.

*transmission ends*

A Question for the Zoners - XTriton - 08-13-2009

***Incoming Transmission***
***Connection Established***

To: Eva Morgenrot, Stuttgart
Re: Synth Past

You have my word that neither myself nor anyone under my command has ever or ever will trade in synth paste.

I find it way too ghastly anyway. Paste that turns into food, RIDICULOUS!

Regards,
Capt. Xavier Triton

***Connection terminated***
***Ending Transmission***

A Question for the Zoners - Tenacity - 08-13-2009

[Image: qpndw9.jpg]
...Incoming Transmission...
Source: Commander Kaylee Staite, The Order

"In my limited experience dealing with the Zoners and their Freeports... most Freeports do not rely on synth paste, they have biodomes in which to grow their own natural food sources, and the Order purchases food products directly from them for the bulk of our pilots. It seems that only the smaller freeports which are not equipped with biodomes purchase synth paste as a staple food product."

-End Transmission-

*incoming transmission*
To: Eva Morgenrot

Most of the farming carried out on Gran Canaria is mostly local farms. Our climate is perfect for it. The intentions are to grow what we need but as the climate is so good, we mistakenly find an abundance of extra food so, we sell it. Fruits and veggies mostly but we also have some poultry farmers. Mrs. Holliday herself has put a lot of flower gardens on the grounds of my Estate so we have those too.

Canaria itself is a long way from you and can be a dangerous trip. We have a lot of people of late who have decided to make our once peaceful world a war zone. Perhaps one of these times I can arrange a visit on my shuttle. Unfortunately, I do not know where your base is. My last trip to Rheinland was to Baden Baden when Mrs. Holliday and I had our honeymoon. While there, I did pick up some of your fine food products on Stuttgart. You will find I prefer my food fresh.

Respectfully,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
Chairman, CoZ

*transmission begins*

Xavier Triton - thank you for that affirmation. It makes me think the Zoners really are different than many of the rumors I've heard.

Commander Kaylee Staite - might I ask if those biodomes are the same that Freeport 2 uses, which specialize in growing the horrid grey weed which is turned into the paste? And, more importantly, would you ever consider purchasing food from a reputable independent farmer instead?

Dr Holliday - That sounds like a very nice place. Would it be possible for some members of the LWB to visit sometime? In any case, I am glad to hear your preference for fresh Stuttgart food.

I will speak with my fellow LWB members about this newly gathered information.

*transmission ends*

*incoming transmission*
To: Eva Morgenrot

Ms. Morgenrot,

My advice to you would be for me to fly out to visit you in my shuttle for the time being. As I said before, this once peaceful place has turned into a warzone. When things settle, I would be honored to have you as a guest at my estate.

The biodomes we have are pretty much fruit and vegetables last I knew with some grain production. I am familiar with the weed you speak of but it is only grown on FP2 but that is not all that is grown there. When I travel, Mrs. Holliday often stocks my ship's galley with some good, fresh food as she knows it's my preference. Of course, a bag of chips is good for those mid-trip munchies as well.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
Chairman, CoZ

A Question for the Zoners - Elsdragon - 08-14-2009

The comm screen flickers several times, then cuts to a man, shadowed out, with his voice disguised. He sits in an ornate red velvet armchair, expertly worked, with gilded engravings

Really now, breaching your contract? If you dont remember, I'll spell it out to you: Synth Foods biodomes are for growing paste only. Furthermore, you must have modifed them in some way, as they ONLY grow Synth Plants. So: a voided warranty, and breach of contract?

He sits back in his chair, clicking his tongue.

I advise that you fix this little "conundrum", or else we will have a problem....