Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer Timeline - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer Timeline (/showthread.php?tid=2626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Freelancer Timeline - stardust47 - 05-02-2009

We appear to have forgotten about the Texas Incident :P

Freelancer Timeline - pbrione - 05-04-2009

Using what already existed in the wiki, and the few scraps of infocard and rumour info relating to Bretonian history (really, there was annoyingly little to go on) several of the Bretonian government and BAF players have pieced together this timeline of Bretonian history. It is consistent with all the existing info, including the founding of all the major factions, and whilst a lot of it had to be made up it is all in keeping with the general feel of Bretonia, providing a plausable background to several otherwise unexplained features of Bretonia, including the Tau War, and we hope to use it as the basis for some significant Bretonian RP that is in development.

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...retonia_history

If anyone finds any further info about Bretonia that contradicts or enhances anything written there, please let me know and I will work to amend it to make it fit. As to whether or not Igiss wants to include any of this in the general Sirius timeline is entirely up to him, but I felt that the House specific timelines needed fleshing out a bit more, and Bretonia in particular as it had virtually no mention in the main Sirius timeline.

Freelancer Timeline - Klaw117 - 07-20-2009

After playing Starlancer, I have found new info about the War of Sol timeline.

Early 2100s-2160: The states that make up the Coalition sign the Unification Pact and become the Eastern Coalition. They begin demanding their own colonies and the Alliance begins a policy of appeasement in hopes that the Coalition will stop with their demands if they are satisfied. Eventually, limited conflicts begin, but not large enough to start a full-fledged war. The Coalition soons becomes equal to the Alliance in strength.

2160: The War of Sol begins when the signing of the Balma Treaty, which was meant to end the colonial conflicts, turns into a bloodbath as Admiral Kulov ruthlessly attacks unsuspecting Alliance fleets with his own cloaked fleet. Fort Kennedy on Jupiter's moon Europa is destroyed, along with the French and Italian fleets. Remaining Alliance fleets retreat to Neptune's moon Triton. Planetary resistance against the Coalition begin, but are suppressed. The Coalition gains control of every planet except Neptune and Dwarf Planet Pluto.

2160-2162: Events of Starlancer. The Alliance recover the outer gas planets and the Coalition retreats. Admiral Kulov and several Coalition aces are killed. Coalition ace casualties outweigh the Alliance ace casualties.

2162-2200: The Alliance pushes the Coalition back to Planet Mercury (as shown in the Freelancer intro), but soon, the Coalition regain the upper hand and pushes the Alliance all the way to Jupiter. By the late 2190s, the Alliance knows they cannot win, so they send colonists, along with historical items (maybe the Declaration of Independence, etc. It makes sense for the Alliance to want to preserve this) to the neighboring Sirius Sector in the Exodus of the Sleeper Ships. In a few months, the Alliance is pushed back to Pluto. In the final battle, the Nomads show up and completely destroy Sol. The Sirius Sector becomes the last remnants of humanity.

I know this thread is almost dead, but if a moderator/admin finds this, please add in the info.

Freelancer Timeline - Not Espi - 11-17-2009

' Wrote:The colonists from the Hispania believe that the saboteur was actually a member of one of the other sleeper ships that was trying to eliminate the competition, so the other sleeper ships would be able to settle in the more desirable places in Sirius, which is actually why the Corsairs and the Outcasts hate the other houses so much.

do the descendants of hispanian colonist really hate the other houses? isn't it more like they are hostilw towards them based on the need to pirate them? the systems hispanians arrived in are very harsh ones. the simply have to be hostile towards everyone else to survive. well maybe not the outcasts, since they have the cardy thing up and running now, but i feel at least corsairs should be based on this.

RE: Freelancer Timeline - Arlan - 12-09-2016

The post says the Alliance/Coalition war was in 2100-2200 A.S. Don't you mean A.D?

And where do the Crayter Republic fit in?

RE: Freelancer Timeline - Inferno - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 07:36 AM)Arlan Wrote: The post says the Alliance/Coalition war was in 2100-2200 A.S. Don't you mean A.D?

Gravedig = Bad.

Gravedig edit: but in all honesty I think the timeline needs a good update

RE: Freelancer Timeline - elbmek - 08-16-2018

deleted -answered elsewhere

RE: Freelancer Timeline - elbmek - 12-28-2018

(12-09-2016, 07:36 AM)Arlan Wrote: The post says the Alliance/Coalition war was in 2100-2200 A.S. Don't you mean A.D?

no - After Sol

RE: Freelancer Timeline - Lythrilux - 12-28-2018

The time line on the wiki is more up to date.

RE: Freelancer Timeline - Gunbladelad - 12-30-2019

If we were to consider the Extended Intro as canon (and I've seen RP which suggests several parts of it are), then the Nomad destruction of Sol could be deemed to coincide approximately with the arrival on Manhattan as the narrator, "Atticus Rockforth" states it was 800 years ago.