Discovery Gaming Community
PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! (/showthread.php?tid=26457)

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - pieguy259 - 09-13-2009

Alright, people, I'm going out of character for this one because it's a biggy.

Ben says he'll lend us the money to apply for official status. However, if we fail to gain said status, he wants me to earn the money back. Which will take a lifetime and a half, and probably involve me selling things and crying a lot.
If we don't gain official status, it will be because of one thing, and that is inactivity. So before I get the money, I have to get the answer to this question:

Is everybody still in this for the long haul?

I need to know that people will be active, and remain active, and stay committed enough to make our official status work.

So please, respond to this roll call as soon as possible with your PanGal ship callsigns and whether or not you'll stay active enough to ensure we get and maintain official status.

My ships:

PanGal|PGL-Majestic[HQ]
PanGal|Far.Horizons
PanGal|Supply.Ship.#001

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Agmen of Eladesor - 09-13-2009

---Incoming Transmission---

---Maeve Kirsa, Pan|Gal-Sybaris---

To: Dave Sanders, Pan|Gal-Majestic

Dave -

I hate to disappoint you, my friend, but my ship is probably going to be decommissioned. During our last run, from Bretonia out to Munich, we just ran into so many problems. First, of course, was all those pesky rookie pirates in the Omegas. Then the LWB beasts in Stuttgart. Then more pesky rookies, and finally we ran into some mechanical monstrosities that have just convinced me that it's time to retire and help run the rest facilities on Baden-Baden.

Best of luck with all your endeavors, Davey, and remember, we'll always have that wonderful weekend to remember each other by out in Edinburgh.

Maeve

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Belco - 09-13-2009

i'll keep playing if things get a bit more active, and have a bunch of ideas to help, talked a bit about them, but other players oppinions would be appreciated

any faction based on Spa&Cruise has a lot of potential, we have in RP routes with decent profits, nice looking ships, and can travel all over sirius, with resorts in every house.
the problem with pangal is that's all we're doing.

we're flying around by ourselves going back and forth between munch and Edinburgh and trying to create a new reason to do so every time, we make a bit of money, make the occasional trip to curacao, NT or hawaii, and sometimes read off planets info cards over system trying to demonstrate some RP.

fact is, all this is done by the individuals in the company, and there's really no pangal goal we're working towards other then to go back and forth without making enemies or getting VIP's killed.

we need company events, first of which has been posted PanGal dump, it sounds like a bit of fun, it could be expanded, but it's a step in the right direction.
The next step is for events to interact with other factions, piss off the gaians more and run VIP's to the IMG station in chester, through their Lewis system, maybe it will draw more players into the gaians?
if we're doing a bit of work for the IMG, we're bound to piss the BMM off a bit, or play it the other way round since there's a bigger IMG presence on the server right now.

point is, if we pump up the diplomacy, good or bad, we'll be seen much more, attract new players and make a name for ourselves, i consider this to be an important step BEFORE going for official status.

some other ideas:
- Talk with the Zoners about shipping more vacationers/VIPs freeport 9 or Boa Vista in O-50, get the BHG to help out with protection or even the corsairs, we're supposed to be a major link in the artifact trade, but we're currently not doing any of that.

- Lose a load of VIP's, everytime a transport is shot down with a bunch of VIPs, it should be RP'd like they were the president of liberty, or something similar.

- if we're taking refugees out of a warzone, make a deal with another faction to put a percentage of them to work, Pittsburgh, Okiniwa, anywhere they can be sold for a bit. This is bound to cause some controversy.

those are some quickly thought up suggestions and would need alot of work.

transporting passengers is sooooo vanilla freelancer, we should be making some deals, making some friends, and making some enemies:)

also, not enough yachts around, provide funds for new players to start in an amoured transport, but let them upgrade to a yacht as soon as they have the cash, make it a new employee ship, the most attractive factions start with HF's or trains or something similar, as none wants to sit in a freighter or LF getting blown up for long.

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Husher - 09-13-2009

morning boss.

//oorp.
Well at first sorry i wasn't that active past few months.
But i wasn't active in much factions lately to be honest.
Ok ill stick to Pangal because it something different to haul passengers rather than a load of iron or diamonds from A to B.
Opens some otherways of RP, its funny to hear the comment you get when you enter a system and start a dialogue.

The only problem i have is that there is only one decent route to make some money (atleast for what i found) so its getting pretty boring after 2 trips.

But here you go.
//end of oorp.

# Pangal-PGL-Star.Voyager (Enterpriseclass luxuryliner. Capt. J Hayes.)
Current shipsaldo 23 mil.

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Darkard - 09-13-2009

The PanGal|Glacier.Bay is still about, Armoured Transport.
Id fly it more if there was actually somthing to do other than get nuked by Pirates looking for an easy kill. I was never a huge fan of trading and I was hoping there would be some RP to do but most of it gets ignored or 'lolwut?'ed
I would turn up for events if they were organised though.

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Vergil - 09-15-2009

............Incoming Transmission...........

Hey, boss, its me, Mr. Rozansky.

PanGal|Moongazer.

buh bye.

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Benjamin - 09-15-2009

Hah, seems like my fears are echoed by a couple of others. I agree with Rory's suggestions on the whole, guy's got a good head on him. Especially the stuff of having something above and beyond the trading. As it is, it's hard to do the old 'Look, we're in Omega xxx, look at that!' stuff in system, you only really have a couple of unique spiels with pirates, and beyond that it's all trading. Big trading too - people routes are looooong routes, and not as profitable as they should be. And the liner, for me at least, is too huge and unwieldy to do 'roleplay' in. I don't mean I don't roleplay in the liner, but I mean if I'm going out with the primary aim of roleplaying (as opposed to trading or shooting), I don't really want to do it in a liner.

I know I've said this to you a million times, but getting the company seedy is an easy way to make it more interesting. Suddenly, you have diplomacy to think about, and new enemies and new friends, and new things you have to do for your new friends, and all that. I see that you've been trying to do stuff with my beloved LWB, but I've got to say that the LWB is almost as inactive as PanGal. I'd pick someone with more opportunities. The Gaians have a lot of activity right now. It's mostly indie, but gaian indies are mostly smart and on the forums. There's currently that thread about the Shetland even. Stick your oar in that roleplay! Get talking with the corsairs again, and the hogosha, try pimping out the Hawaii or something. The Hawaii has a load of potential (somewhat massively diminished by moving artifacts off it. Boo on that!) to work with.
Vanilla gives you OS&C as a very 'cool' company, willing to cater to anyone, pirate or bounty hunter, if they have the money to afford your services. They see the appeal in having murderers and bad asses on their stations and know that this is where a lot of their money comes from. They're like self-aware, high-class, cooler zoners.
Also, let us use jumpholes god damn it!
And call yourself Orbital Spa & Cruise for true manliness.

Anyway, my liner died, but the Tulse Luper character remains as part of PanGal. Depending on how that thing with the ID goes, he'll be reborn as either a Roc or an Armored Transport.

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - Belco - 09-16-2009

nah, that rory kid's a tard, but im pleased there are others who have the same idea as him.:)

back onto topic, i dont think we should become an official faction now, sure we might make it, we're not doing anything radical and Spa and Cruise dont have a player faction, but i see the VR seem to be doing rather well without being official, and a number of factions in gallia.

I really think we need to pump a whole lot of diplomatic conversation, events and have a look at how we operate before we go official. it'd be awesome to see the first post to the eventual faction proposal being "LOL, i thought you guys were official"

we're at a huge advantage being a lawful faction, but still being able to have relations with the corsairs, and i really think we do need to get into artifact smuggling. no, not 5k transports full of artifacts, i mean carrying a load of passengers from the hawaii and 5 artifacts onboard, just enough to be halted by house militaries and questioned.
we can bribe to officer, or claim we had no knowledge of them onboard as we do not extensively search our passengers, ether way, it's at least one conversation i might have for traveling 7 systems.

Jumphole rule needs a re-think, i respect we carry VIP's and dont want to risk anything, infact for funzies today i talked to my passengers over system about how our insurance does not cover misplaced luggage and limbs in event of a mis-jump.
instead of a NO HOLE policy, i think we should use them rarely, not as short cuts, only to reach the borderworlds, and have a requirement that you post in RP intentions of using a jumphole, your route and such, effectively a pre-trip report in event you go missing or some other catastrophe.

also, so that we do not become a faction of luxury liners, and also to have some fun, how about RP-ing the construction of one? if it's fun, make it a requirement. by this i mean contacting different trading factions to bring in parts, paying them for their labour, get all the "ingredients" before we buy a 200mill vessel. i'm unsure of this, but i think some zoner faction has done it before.

i have so many ideas, you get A LOT of time to think from the shetland to the hawaii:P

PanGal Roll Call - IMPORTANT! - pbrione - 09-17-2009

Captian Brilione of the PanGal|Odyssey here : we are still active flying small cruises but owing to the rising cost of H-fuel we can generally only manage a single run per week. Nevertheless, we will try to keep the ship in good working condition.

//I'm keeping the character, but obviously owing to the demands of the BAF and other Bretonian factions I am involved in I don't have that much time to play on it.