Discovery Gaming Community
SOS, need help - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: SOS, need help (/showthread.php?tid=2752)

Pages: 1 2

SOS, need help - mattig - 04-25-2007

I'm trying to install this freelancer discovery mod. I have the official game, and downloaded FLMM. While trying to run the exe it says cannot find "DACOM.dll". when I copy and paste all the files into the correct folder it still won't run.

SOS, need help - JonatanRaven - 04-26-2007

What exe are you trying to run?

SOS, need help - Igiss - 04-26-2007

You've got corrupt Freelancer installation. Also, if you copy Discovery files into your FL folder without using FLMM, your installation get twice corrupt. If you do it, mod is not installed, and the whole game is screwed up. Did you read the readme?

SOS, need help - mattig - 04-27-2007

ok, my freelancer game is running fine, so I don't know what's corrupt about it. I re-installed it twice. I acually took the files fromt he FL folder and put them into another copy of the un-zipped files.
I read the readme, it wasn't that helpful.
the dll files are in the FL folder but the mod won't recognize them without them being in the same folder as the mod exe.

SOS, need help - Virus - 04-27-2007

Best thing to do?

Do a complete uninstall of Freelancer. EVERYTHING.
Same with the Mod Manager.
Reinstall Freelancer
Find and download the most recent version of the mod manager (3.1, I think).
Redownload and unzip the mod into the mod manager.
Use the mod manager to activate the mod.
Boom, should work.

.. I don't understand how the readme isn't useful...

Manual (complete) Uninstall Wrote:-Uninstall Freelancer using the Setup.exe file.

Go to the following directory, C:\WINDOWS\system32 and delete the file l3codecp.acm. If there happens to be another file named l3codeca.acm, delete this too.

If your system is Windows 98 or ME, open the system.ini file located in your system folder; C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM. Delete ONLY the line that starts with msacm.l3acm=. In the case of the Nimo codec pack, this will read msacm.l3acm=l3codecp.acm

If your system is Windows 2000 or XP, open the system registry editor (regedit) from the RUN command window.
Locate and delete the following key: \HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32\msacm.l3acm

Load the Freelancer installation CD and locate the REDIST folder. Within the REDIST folder, double click on the file named WMFADist.exe and follow on-screen instructions.

Install Freelancer.

Igiss, perhaps you should put the above into the Readme? Found is on the XPLOSIV website.
XPLOSIV
Last I purchased FL, it came from these guys on a disk with their logo, not Micro$oft.

SOS, need help - BestFlyerHere - 04-27-2007

1.4 beta is the newest FLMM mod.

http://igx89.home.comcast.net/FLMM_Downloads.html

Click on this, then click 1.4 beta.

SOS, need help - mattig - 04-27-2007

Everything? huh. ok. need to free up some space on my hard drive anyway.

before I do though, would FLMM 1.31 do the job? I don't like using beta's. they have a tenancy to start messing with files they shouldn't (at least with me, dead serious, the beta Firefox wouldn't download, and started trying to use mypics as its home folder, beta C&C tried to use my second partition as it's home folder, beta IE7 stopped all web browsing with Firefox and Netscape, the list goes on).

I didn't say it wasn't useful, I said it wasn't helpful. It says nothing about this type of thing happening in there.

SOS, need help - Igiss - 04-27-2007

FLMM 1.4 beta and 1.31 have few important differences. 1.4 beta has some extended scripting functions that I don't use, and supports 7zip packaging that I don't use for betas. You can use both versions.

Even the look of two versions is 99,99% similar.

SOS, need help - mattig - 05-08-2007

ok, I l know its been a little while. I acually got it to work, but only by copying and pasting all the system files. and manually placing the mod into the mod folder. it tried to set up a server. is there more than one type of discovery mod?

SOS, need help - mattig - 05-10-2007

is anyone going to answer? I would like to make my personal freelancer less-boring. the webpage I downloaded it from said that discover was both a personal and a server mod.