Discovery Gaming Community
A character got set back, for some reason. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: A character got set back, for some reason. (/showthread.php?tid=30289)

Pages: 1 2

A character got set back, for some reason. - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 11-28-2009

Well, I logged onto my trader today to find I had about 100 million less money than I had before, and in a recognizable location also.

It appeares, perhaps when the server changed, my character's was reset back to the last respawn point (or last save point whatever you call it.) I got to ~550 Million on my trader two days ago... I docked on a base before I left. Now when I log in for the first time I have 464m, and Im in a spot outside a base that I remember as a location probably about a week ago I had to abruptly F1 for, in space not docked at a base.
I still have the full load of cargo I picked up from the base before I f1'ed in space.

What could be the problem?

EDIT: I just logged onto my Juggernaut also, He still has the 8 million I trasfered to my trader... This is weird.

A character got set back, for some reason. - kindred - 11-28-2009

Database was moved from temporary hardware to the old permanent server hardware. Limited loss of data between backups was to be expected and announced by the Admin team.

A character got set back, for some reason. - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 11-28-2009

Wow, I didnt get the memo.

A character got set back, for some reason. - kindred - 11-28-2009

Here is your memo, note the second paragraph:

' Wrote:SERVER IS UP
All of the server bits are glued back together and it is settling into its new home.

All player and characters have been transfered from the temporary server back to the new (and old) server. The player database has been rolled back to the last backup which means some of one you will have lost several hours play. There is no possibility of being compensated for this, please don't ask.

The player limit is back to 200. Expect other outages over the next few days and weeks as we complete other maintenance to improve stability and performance or until we run out of beer. Should you feel to need to send beer, contact me by PM for the shipping address.

Thanks to A&L for doing stuff all day and half the night and being late for work.

I'll be processing the 100 or so PMs in my inbox over the next few days.

I will leave this thread unlocked but:
Do not post here unless: Server is down for longer than 20 minutes and you are almost sure it's the server and not your connection.

No compensation... Great. I finnally get the time and willingness to trade and it gets erased and I get a "LOLUROUTOFLUCK" Beautiful. Its quite easy for him to say "LOLNOMUNY4U" because he can poof it into existance... ugh... Sorry cannon, i know its not your fault... I just posted the story for my bretonian and this is quite a setback...

A character got set back, for some reason. - sean24 - 11-28-2009

I got the same thing and had to do a re purchase of a ship. Oh well. It was interesting retracing my footsteps and I had a good laugh.

You know how people say..."I wish I could relive a certain moment of my life, maybee do things differantly" thats what it was like....like travelling back in time :)

I wish it was like that, However, if I did that with trading, it would be redundant. Doing the same thing over and over and over...

Ugh.

A character got set back, for some reason. - sean24 - 11-28-2009

Yeah, trading would suck. This happened to everyone right? Im supprised there arn't more threads.

EDIT: Your new sig burns my eyes 200% more than the last one. :P I dont understand the last line though

A character got set back, for some reason. - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 11-28-2009

' Wrote:No compensation... Great. I finnally get the time and willingness to trade and it gets erased and I get a "LOLUROUTOFLUCK" Beautiful. Its quite easy for him to say "LOLNOMUNY4U" because he can poof it into existance... ugh... Sorry cannon, i know its not your fault... I just posted the story for my bretonian and this is quite a setback...
Fill in forms U332S and IAML33T in triplicate, send them to the Accounting departement of DiscoveryGC, and I'm sure that within a month to three month, they will refund you the subscription fee you payed to DiscoveryGC for playing on the Server as a compensation for your loss of revenue on your trader.

Ofcourse that will mean that Cannon, Fellow Hoodlum, Majkp, and myself will have to pay back the salary we got for the work we did in doing the switchover between 05:00 PM GMT yesterday and 01:00 AM GMT today. I think, without being sure, that the salary for all 4 of us, is about equal to the subscription fee you payed to DiscoveryGC.

A & L Guy

Sometimes I think paying for discovery would give admins the extra kick in the backside when it comes to changing things for a reduction of sanctions, like cruise drain. Hell, If I could trade real money for fake money I would. Oddly enough I have more of the real stuff...