Discovery Gaming Community
Question about the tech chart - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Question about the tech chart (/showthread.php?tid=33686)

Pages: 1 2

Question about the tech chart - Tensdale - 01-26-2010

I am using a Freelancer ID and I would like to use a GMG ship with Corsair weapons.

In the tech chart, in the Freelancer ID section both the GMG and Corsair boxes are white, wich sais:
"May only be used with holding faction permission"

What does this exactly mean? Should I ask the offical player factions for GMG and Corsairs to use their technology? And it that case, who? And how? In-game or on the forums? Where?

And if I've understood it correctly that you have to ask a player faction for permission.,
Then let's say I'd like to use a Bretonian gun.. Who do I ask? BAF, BPA... Etc.

Question about the tech chart - Harcourt.Fenton.Mudd - 01-26-2010

' Wrote:I am using a Freelancer ID and I would like to use a GMG ship with Corsair weapons.

In the tech chart, in the Freelancer ID section both the GMG and Corsair boxes are white, wich sais:
"May only be used with holding faction permission"

What does this exactly mean? Should I ask the offical player factions for GMG and Corsairs to use their technology? And it that case, who? And how? In-game or on the forums? Where?

And if I've understood it correctly that you have to ask a player faction for permission.,
Then let's say I'd like to use a Bretonian gun.. Who do I ask? BAF, BPA... Etc.

The GMG ship / Corsair wep combo would be kinda oorp, but not sure on the rules of it.

As for bretonian guns, BAF/BPA. Eitehr could give you authorization.

Question about the tech chart - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-26-2010

Did you check the Corsair/GMG one ? ... Those weapons do not belong anywhere near that ship.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, Hoodlum.

I am looking at the Freelancer ID to see wich technologies and ships I can use. GMG and Corsair are white here.

Are saying I have to also look at Corsair ID and GMG ID, then cross reference all 3 to see if I can use Corsair weapons on a GMG ship. That makes no sense to me, since I should only have to look at the Freelancer ID, or?

Question about the tech chart - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-26-2010

IMG ship and Corsair weapons would require a special roleplay request. That scenario would have enemy
tech together. The Freelancer ID is not a free-for-all usage one in any way.

Question about the tech chart - DeathsOverture - 01-26-2010

Yes, thank you Hoodlum.

As for securing GMG|'s permission to use technology, take a look at the link in my signature.

Okay, I actually need to cross reference on the tech chart?

Forgot everything we know about who is enemy with who. Now we only speak tech chart langauge.

So I decide to use the Freelancer ID. And I wan't a GMG ship.
Looks at the tech chart. Oh white box, so I have a make a request. Check.
Then I wan't to use Corsair weapons, looks at the tech chart in the GMG ID line.
Oh. Red box.. So this is a no no.

So is that how it works?

Another scenario:
Freelancer ID, and I wan't to use Border worlds ship: The Sabre. Green box. Check.
Where do I look now to see wich weapons I can use? Freelancer ID?

Question about the tech chart - DeathsOverture - 01-26-2010

' Wrote:Okay, I actually need to cross reference on the tech chart?

Forgot everything we know about who is enemy with who. Now we only speak tech chart langauge.

So I decide to use the Freelancer ID. And I wan't a GMG ship.
Looks at the tech chart. Oh white box, so I have a make a request. Check.
Then I wan't to use Corsair weapons, looks at the tech chart in the GMG ID line.
Oh. Red box.. So this is a no no.

So is that how it works?

Another scenario:
Freelancer ID, and I wan't to use Border worlds ship: The Sabre. Green box. Check.
Where do I look now to see wich weapons I can use? Freelancer ID?

Don't combine tech from warring factions. If you use a GMG ship, avoid Hispanics and Kusari quasi-lawful weaponry. If you use a Bretonian ship, avoid Kusari and Corsair weaponry. It's sort of intuitive... It helps to plot your equipment around your character, not the other way around.

Of course, purple goddess and codies are not bad, and everyone can use them!

Edit: I posted this prematurely, so it is edited. Sorry!

Question about the tech chart - aerelm - 01-26-2010

I think One small general point is remaining,

- Tech Chart shows possibility of using Each Single set of Ship/Equipment per ID

This means if you want to get a Freelancer with GMG Ship and loadout Or Corsair Ship and loadout, you should check the single crossing cell between Freelancer ID and GMG or Sair Tech.
If you want a combination of different Technologies and Ships, you should also check the cells related to those Technologies.

Means for this case, you should check:
  • Freelancer ID <~~~> Corsair Tech
  • Freelancer ID <~~~> GMG Tech
  • GMG ID <~~~> Corsair Tech
to see if you can use this combination or not.

So you cant have a Mercenary ID'ed Crusader with Disinfector 3s without a Special Roleplay request - Because Bretonia and Kusari are at war, so Bret <~~~> Kusari cell is Red.

And Same goes for Freelancer ID, GMG Ship, Corsair Guns. 2 White Cells, 1 Red Sell ? Means a No.

Edit: Ouch ... Ninja'd! Last two Posts were not here when I was writing my post ...

' Wrote:I think One small general point is remaining,

- Tech Chart shows possibility of using Each Single set of Ship/Equipment per ID

This means if you want to get a Freelancer with GMG Ship and loadout Or Corsair Ship and loadout, you should check the single crossing cell between Freelancer ID and GMG or Sair Tech.
If you want a combination of different Technologies and Ships, you should also check the cells related to those Technologies.

Means for this case, you should check:
  • Freelancer ID <~~~> Corsair Tech
  • Freelancer ID <~~~> GMG Tech
  • GMG ID <~~~> Corsair Tech
to see if you can use this combination or not.

Means you cant have a Mercenary ID'ed Crusader with Disinfector 3s without a Special Roleplay request - Because Bretonia and Kusari are in war, so Bret <~~~> Kusari cell is Red.

So, same goes for Freelancer ID, GMG Ship, Corsair Guns

Edit: Ouch ... Ninja'd! Last 3 Posts were not here when I was writing my post ...

Thank you. This was all I wanted to know.
When I asked: "Do I need to cross reference" - Someone could just have replied "Yes"...