Discovery Gaming Community
Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate (/showthread.php?tid=34325)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - Ryummel - 08-09-2010

Teraku smiled.

"Seems I'm done here... I expected a long word-battle, but in the end..." He didn't finish the sentence and laughed. Then, he kneeled before the Taishogun and left the Court, moving to the hallways.

Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - Akura - 08-11-2010

The young Roju scurried out of the elevator doors, ducking out of the way of a passing group of scholars. He rushed up to a small panel next to a sturdy door and began typing in a code,

"Oh no you don't..." a mature voice spoke, placing a hand on the young Roju's shoulder,

"But, but... it's important!" the Roju sweaked, trying to struggle free,

"Then you can tell it to me, you're not authorised to go in there..." the guard continued his vice-like grip on the Roju,

"A very important Dragon... ummm, well, he wants to speak with Shogun Miyamoto Musashi, as soon as possible"

"Well that won't happen anytime soon" the guard held a stern look on his face, "What Dragon?"

"It's Sho-... ummm... Former Shogun Akuji... he's waiting down in the lower decks..."

The guard paused a moment, registering the name, he tapped his radio twice and turned away from the Roju, "Inform Shogun Miyamoto that he has a guest downstairs... tell him Akuji has returned"

Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - valen - 08-11-2010

Time heals all wounds they say, but who decides when enough time has passed for some things to be forgotten. Amongst many others this was the issue that troubled Miyamoto's mind. When shall these tragedies that happened lately in the Blood Dragon Court be forgotten. Never, nor they should be, forgiven nor forgotten. Those that betray the sacred honor of the Blood Dragons do not deserve to carry the name. A Red Dragon that cherishes all under his wing, but rejects them if honor is not seen in their actions. A philosophy Miyamoto followed his entire life, and which never led him astray. Sitting in his room, dedicated to his deep thoughts and engaged into a higher state of meditation, Miyamoto gave thought about what actions to take against the former Shoguns Hirosho and Kintaki. They have been his brothers but only yesterday, and now live a life of betrayal and dishonor, something a true Dragon could never lead, "Only one way the Dragons can act on this." - He thought to himself and with a fast move swiftly rose himself from the ground and took a piece of parchment from the table nearby.

"Traitors Kintaki Mintano and Lu Bu are hereby declared enemies of the Taishogun and of the Blood Dragons. Every Rising Son that encounters them is to treat them as they deserve. Show the illusive serpents how the Dragons deal with traitors. Break their swords in half, and the honor that is left into a million pieces.

Hirosho Horatami disappeared under unexplained circumstances, and is most likely dead. If you see him he is to be treated as an enemy until proven otherwise."

After writing the last words Miyamoto's heart was filled with grief. It is not every day that one must hate his brothers, but if they have no honor in life, they shall have none in death. He took his ceremonial Tanto from the nearby stand and tightened it to his belt. The most royal of robes must be worn when appearing in front of the Taishogun. Finally when Miyamoto was ready he took a step outside of his chambers, for the first time in a long while. The path of shadow and death he was force to take while being lost in the deep reaches of Chugoku made him rethink his life, and the values of the Dragons. Not an action did he regret in his life, and the Dragons will forever have him by their side. A few know of his disappearance, and only the Taishogun knows what happened to Miyamoto.

As he entered the Throne Room of the Imperial Court, the Taishogun was clearly displeased with the late events. He did not waste any time and approached the Throne. With a slight bow he kneeled before the most wisest of the Dragons and handed over the parchment.

"My suggest actions that are to be taken if any Rising Son faces the two traitors." - He said to the Taishogun as he handed him the parchment. With a slight glance over the text on the paper, the Taishogun hand gestured in approval, and the Guard that was standing nearby approached, taking the parchment and rushing outside of the Throne Room, "I take my leave now your Greatness, there is much that has to be done." - Miyamoto replied and left the Throne Room, and the Taishogun to his peace.

While walking in the hallways troubled still by what was to happen in the future, one of the Guards of Kyoto ran to him alarmed and excited about something, "Sensei! A word with you!" - Shouted the Guard while stopping near Miyamoto and grabbing the wall with his hand, trying to catch his breath, "What is it brother, speak quickly!" - Miyamoto replied with anticipation, "Sensei, he has returned. He is here! Akuji Sensei, he is back!" - After hearing those words that one of the most mysterious and even hated Dragons returned to the sacred home of the Dragons took Miyamoto by surprise, to say at least. He showed the young Dragon the way out of the hallway as he wished to remain alone. A long lost brother, better yet, a long lost friend has returned. With no explanation to why he left, nor why he returned, he risks his life coming back to Kyoto. Seems courage and honor prevailed Akuji showed that he is forever more a Dragon in his heart. But much has to be resolved yet. Why has he returned, Miyamoto asked himself. Why would he risk all by coming back? Perhaps to only give an explanation to why he left, perhaps to beg for us to accept him back, or perhaps to take revenge on us all. Another Dragon mind lost that needs guidance. Little did Miyamoto hesitate and decidedly he made haste towards the greeting quarters where Akuji was guided by the guards.

Upon entering, Miyamoto spotted his lost brother in the corner, with his head bowed down and hair covering his face, denying everyone in the room to see what he is thinking. Wearing the traditional Dragon robes he radiated with a strong aura of a warrior returning to his own brethren. A long lost leader looking to guide his soldiers to a path of victory and vengeance. But Miyamoto was not easily fooled. The sight of Akuji sitting on Kyoto once more dragged a smile on his face, but he quickly removed it, and focused speaking like a true Dragon.

"And so the lost son returns. Late is the hour in which you choose to appear brother." - Miyamoto spoke in a loud voice, letting Akuji know he is here.

Akuji loosened up and raised his head, laying eyes on his old friend,

"My apolagies, I probably should have come sooner, but with the recent actions of some of our own, I thought it best to avoid Kusari until balance was restored..." Akuji spoke, bowing slightly,

He extended his arm, revealing a small datastick,

"The Mizuchi, this data will lead you right to her" the datastick changed to Miyamoto's hands, "She took some substantial damage in the storm, but I found some people willing to help me fix her up"

Miyamoto was rather surprised by the words his old friend was saying. Closely did he look Akuji in the eyes while he slightly bowed to him, at which Miyamoto responded in the same fashion. Mixed thoughts were going through Miyamoto's mind. Is this the bow of the avenger, or a brother, perhaps both. After the bow in which both of them never blinked, like being prepared for anything, Miyamoto reached to take the datastick from Akuji's hand.

"Can we not forget the hostility between us for a moment, and shake hands? For old times sake brother." - Miyamoto spoke and reached towards Akuji, "What hostility... Brother." - He answered and with a smile he reached back and the two Dragons shook hands.

"Leave us." - Miyamoto shouted and the room emptied in matter of seconds, "Akuji, do not believe you shall fool me. If I even get a hunch that you are here out of your own selfish reasons that have caused you to leave in the first place, I shall not hesitate to take your head. You have left the Dragons to pursue your own dreams and betrayed us by doing so. You were a Shogun, the bravest of the brave, the most honorable of the Dragons, and you have abandoned us. I considered you a brother!" - With an angry, almost delusional voice he said, "Forgive me, I mustn't let it get the best of me. For what? Tell me, brother, was it worth it? And why do you come back? Have you came to seek forgiveness and regain your honor? If not, you better leave now." - Miyamoto spoke to Akuji, trying to hide the pain from the betrayal he has suffered at the thought of his brother being dead, "Come, come." - Miyamoto hand gestured to Akuji to follow him, through the hallways to his personal chambers.

Akuji followed, and as they arrived at Miyamoto's quarters, he shut the door behind them,

"I wasn't aware my decision to leave affected the Rising Sons this much, and I apolagise if that's how you feel. I'd like you to understand that I did what I did with the best intentions for the Dragons at heart, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, but it will serve a similar purpose. Perhaps I should tell you my story..."

Akuji crossed his arms and sighed,

"The Mizuchi did well in the storm, better than I expected actually... Until we were fired upon by an unidentified vessel, perhaps a gunship of some kind. Point is, we got out alive, barely, and the gunship didn't. We were in a bad shape, the Mizuchi's cruise engines were shot, we were practically stranded in the Omicrons. Luckily for us, we stumbled into some help, a group known as the Phantoms"

He registered Miyamoto's expression, and finished his story,

"They wanted the Mizuchi, and my crew, but I made them a better offer. I offered myself if they allowed my crew to return home safely, I also promised I'd come talk to you. I've returned to offer my sword to the Taishogun, once again, though I never really left..."

Miyamoto listened carefully to his old friend, and soaked every word and thoroughly weighted it in his mind. He stood there in his chambers while doing what he always did when talking to someone, looking through the glass opening that looked into space and he admired the everlasting cold of Chugoku. While Akuji was speaking Miyamoto reached for the glass and touched it several times, appearing as though he is not listening to Akuji, while he was only reaching for his lost brothers.

Akuji's words were making sense, and Miyamoto didn't deny that, "Let me stop you here Akuji-san. You were a Shogun! Each and every action you made, every word that you so wisely chose affected the Rising Sons! And your reckless act of taking our most prized Kagutsuchi into an unknown anomaly was foolish! It is only luck that saved your life, and the lives of your crew.... Luck, and these Phantoms you say." - Miyamoto's face grimed and darkened while saying those words. He had heard of the Phantoms, though it was only shadow talk, always too afraid to talk about them people are, and even more scared to listen.

"I have heard tales about them, told by the Elders. None are good Akuji-san. These are dangerous grounds that you tread by. I haven't seen them in my life age brother, but what I've been told is far from good. And you say you offered them yourself? Yet you are here, alive."

Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - Akura - 08-12-2010

Akuji nodded,

"I understand your feelings towards the matter, I acted foolishly. All I could to was offer myself to them, it is true that they are dangerous, but I learned a great deal about them that no outsider would ever learn. They want change, just as we do, they want a new Kusari, and they share all of our enemies. I think that you should consider them viable for a cease-fire, if not an alliance of some kind"

Akuji twiddled with a small letter opener, present amongst some of Miyamoto's things,

"My allegiance is with the Blood Dragons and the true Kusari, my intentions were to give us the upperhand, as often we are outnumbered. Please believe me when I say, the Phantoms are not the fairy tales people make them out to be, all they ask is a place to dock and refuel and that the Rising Sons do not treat them with hostility..."

Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - Ryummel - 08-12-2010

Teraku seemed nervous. The warriors pointed at Miyamoto'€™s prívate chambers. He walked as fast as he could.

'€œI must see Miyamoto-sama immediately!'€ He said to the guards. Then, they let Teraku enter the chamber. At first, he noticed the Shogun.

'€œMiyamoto-sama! He'€™s here'€¦!'€ Teraku spotted Akuji, interrupting himself.

'€œSeems the Lightning is still faster than me. Gomenasai, Miyamoto-sama. I promise this will not happen again'€¦'€ He walked towards the exit, blushing.

Imperial Court of the Blood Dragon Shogunate - Friday - 08-13-2010

' Wrote:A young Blood Dragon enters the court and prostrates himself before the Taishogun. He is visibly distressed as he begins to speak.

"Honoured Taishogun, I Amaraki request your permission to take my familys ancestral Katana fighter as I attepmt to regain my honour."

He rises to his knees.

"I will not speak of my shame in this hallowed place, but I have brought dishonour upon myself and the Blood Dragons and I beg permission to leave your honoured service and travel as a Ronin mercenary, for I am no longer worthy to serve you or our cause until my honour has been regained."

[Image: dragonlogo.png]

Amaraki had been in custody for some time, wondering if this was to be his fate - shamed and forgotten for the rest of his days.

He did manage to hear the occasional whisper, rumours of upheaval and traitorous acts in the Court. It did not surprise him then, that a lowly warrior such as himself would be overlooked during such times. He only hoped that matters did not drag on. Or worse, if whoever might grant him his request were to be assassinated, or branded a traitor - he might never see the light of day again!

But finally, after several weeks, Amaraki was released. His Katana was still in dock. It had been given an overhaul and even detailing, it looked as new as when his ancestors first commissioned it.

On the seat was a note, closed with the Imperial Seal. A single Chrysanthemum flower had been dried and pressed onto the page, a symbol for honour. Underneath was a haiku, hand written.

"Ones self to be found
Only by passing darkness
The light within guides"

Such were the words of the Taishogun himself. This scroll was his freedom, and a gift as precious as life itself. It would be an heirloom to his own family, should he live to pass it down to more generations.

[Image: hideyoshisignature.png]