Discovery Gaming Community
That's it - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: That's it (/showthread.php?tid=3689)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

That's it - TankTarget - 08-28-2007

Damn it to hell!

Look, today three battleships engaged the BSG in chugoku.

Now we did win this fight, but we lost two Osiris in short order even after killing the enemy BS. Now what happened to us was....

Flak, the flak guns from all 4 caps destroyed me in seconds and the Tauri Seras in seconds. Flak does so much damage to Vanila caps it isn't funny. That is a completely and utterly unbalanced weapon in discovery. An end all weapon that cannot be beaten. This to me is complete and utter bull**** now I demand one of two things.

Remove this weapon with a patch or make a rule against using it, now that is the only fair thing to do because that weapon is not fair in any shape or form....

That's it - Denelo - 08-28-2007

Agreed. I was in the same battle, and it's not only caps it annihilates. I am almost 100% positive it is solely responsible for removing my Raven Claw's vanilla class 10 shields and killing in in less than 2 seconds. From full hull and shield.. Without even time to hit either of my b/b buttons.

That's it - Exile - 08-28-2007

Agreed, was there as well.
One moment, i was shooting around with full bats/bots, then 2 flaks hit my engine and BOOM. it's such a huge exploit! it works like hell against vanilla ships, while doing allmost 90% lesser damage to discovery ships.

Same demands as TT, make a patch, or make it illegal.

Exactly, I mean think about it this way...

Splash damage hits every component of the wireframe and battleships have a huge wire frame. Ergo the damage from the flak guns can do as many times as 10x more damage. That is messed up. Something has to be done....

That's it - will ritson - 08-28-2007

all i can say is FLAK EM BACK :;):

That's it - ghostcat - 08-28-2007

The source of the issue is the lack of non-vanilla wireframes. All of the new ships are considered to be one component.

That's it - Exile - 08-28-2007

We cant "flackm back " because their not FL 1.0 ships, it wont do as much damage!

No, Ghost Cat it's not that i cannot use flak on the enemy it's that Flak kills so quickly. The fact that someone can kill two battleships within 10 seconds of each other that fast is not right...

That's it - Maranzo - 08-28-2007

flak em back ?

that is an awnser he posted without any tought in it :') its sad the vanilla ships can't be fixed:(

That's it - Eppy - 08-28-2007

Seconded. Frankly, it's a beautiful idea, but it invalidates everything else about vanilla combat, since none of the non-v ships take it. The Osiris is a beautiful craft, but it's sad to see it go just because of a gun. I'll take the ship over the gun.