Discovery Gaming Community
Development of Junker Cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Development of Junker Cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=3765)

Development of Junker Cruiser - Nadir - 09-07-2007

I'm no longer involved in Freelancer and have stopped work on a Junker capital ship I was developing earlier this year.

Check old threads in this forum section for more information and pictures, though the model has developed considerably since the last renders were done.

Currently it is a fully textured 3DS Max 7 model.

I started defining a hard point or two but it needs all of them completed then the whole thing needs exporting to FL and then (obviously) the ship needs testing and balancing.

Textures are already defined - I'm not sure how they get exported to FL and this message is really for someone who does or is at least willing to do the legwork to find out.

I can provide anyone with the full model and textures in native 3D max format + DXF and most other industry standard or game mesh formats as needed.

So, to summarise, in order for ship development to continue, someone will need to step up and volunteer for the job. I will happily make a ZIP of all used textures + whatever model formats required (sadly there is no Milkshape exporter for 3DS 7 and visa versa, DXF has issues with texture references and long file names, so Doom/Quake 4 format may be your best bet. I might be able to unwrap the textures to a separate file if needed.

Cheers!

Development of Junker Cruiser - Denelo - 09-07-2007

' Wrote:I'm no longer involved in Freelancer and have stopped work on a Junker capital ship I was developing earlier this year.

Check old threads in this forum section for more information and pictures, though the model has developed considerably since the last renders were done.

Currently it is a fully textured 3DS Max 7 model.

I started defining a hard point or two but it needs all of them completed then the whole thing needs exporting to FL and then (obviously) the ship needs testing and balancing.

Textures are already defined - I'm not sure how they get exported to FL and this message is really for someone who does or is at least willing to do the legwork to find out.

I can provide anyone with the full model and textures in native 3D max format + DXF and most other industry standard or game mesh formats as needed.

So, to summarise, in order for ship development to continue, someone will need to step up and volunteer for the job. I will happily make a ZIP of all used textures + whatever model formats required (sadly there is no Milkshape exporter for 3DS 7 and visa versa, DXF has issues with texture references and long file names, so Doom/Quake 4 format may be your best bet. I might be able to unwrap the textures to a separate file if needed.

Cheers!

You just need hardpoints/exporting?

Alright, I'll do it.

I'll need it (the model) in one of these formats:

SMD
MD2
MD3
BDY
MOT
3D
PSK
PSA
MDL
SKA
Kf2
KFS
SKD
SKN
MDL
MDL7
LWO
OBJ
ASC
DXF
FBX
3DS
ABC
ASCII
GLM
LUV
PSK

Also, send me the texture files as .tga, or another format if you can't get it to .tga, but also keep them applied to the cruiser. And then... I'll finish it for you.

Development of Junker Cruiser - Qunitinius~Verginix - 09-07-2007

I thought this model was gone and finished! Now its back and I am happy. If you need me to do anything relatively minor, I can help, but I am fairly busy these last few days.

Verg

Development of Junker Cruiser - Dopamino - 09-07-2007

hooray! this is a beautiful ship, and i thought it was dead.