Discovery Gaming Community
Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker (/showthread.php?tid=38129)

Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker - Silver.2 - 04-08-2010

<(Incomming Transmission)>
<(Encryption: Zeta-Phi-Epsilon-Gamma)>
<(Source: The Eternity, Unknown Coordinates)>
<(ID: Crux)>

The image of Crux reclining in a chair appears on the comms screen

[Image: thenewcrux.png]

Turbulent times for me, Rachel...turbulent, uneasy times.

For this stretch, you seem to be one of the few I can trust. This ship would be but dust without you...and, perhaps, yours would be as such without me. It's...hard to tell.

I wish to talk. About this situation, this mess. Perhaps we may find a way that we can look at it, assess what we've been thrown into.

I await your response.

<(Quantum Entanglement Threads Deteriorating)>
<(Transmitters disconnected)>
<(Transmission Terminated)>

<(REPLY: Y/N)>

Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker - Silver.2 - 04-10-2010

<(Feed Incoming)>
<(Feed Marker: Utility-A-9)>
<(Quantum Entanglement Re-Established)>
<(Transmission Looped to sectors: Liberty, Independent Worlds)>
<(Commencing Target Recipient Sweep)>
<(Signal Strength boosted 173.28%)>
<(End Feed: Utility-A-9)>

Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker - Sarawr!? - 04-10-2010

-[Message:Received]-
-[Sender: located]-
-[Relaying Transmission]-

<<Liberty Navy Communications Relay, transferring data from hub: LNCR-A/1240 to Norfolk Shipyard>>

<<Message Received by Norfolk Control at 1500 Hours, confirmation by Lieutenant Commander Rachel Baker, establishing communications link.>>

-[Video Feed: On-line]-
-[Sending Transmission]-

Rachel appeared on the screen, brushing her hair back behind her ears and nodding to the monitor.

"Mister Crux I..really don't know what to tell you, nor do I know why you've placed trust in myself of all people, especially given your previous designation by our government and my position within the Fleet.."

She paused for a moment, taking a breath and then looking back at the monitor.

"However, I am pleased that you do trust me, and I would like to continue our talks. I am also glad that we were able to take those mutineers aboard your Yacht into custody, hopefully the majority of them will be staying locked up for quite a while. Hopefully, we will manage to wrap our heads around this situation, so that we can figure out what to do. I myself don't have much power in the scheme of things, but if it's me you wish to continue speaking and interacting with, in the hopes of improving this whole mess, well then you are more than welcome to do so."

Rachel nods to the monitor again and then stands up as the screen fades to black.

-[Message: Sent]-
-[Transmission: Terminated]-

Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker - Silver.2 - 04-10-2010

<(Feed Re-Established)>
<(ID: Crux)>

[Image: thenewcrux.png]

You ask why I trust you, above all others? Why I so willingly turn to you in this time?

It's a simple, logical reason, Ms. Baker.

I would most certainly be dead at this point, without you. There have been many situations where I was all but doomed, but could overcome only with you. That you willingly worked to stop, and to reverse.

Also, to be blunt, you haven't QUITE threatened to shoot me. Yet.

He chuckles, before regaining his composure

I simply believe that we can benefit from helping each other, regardless of what ends up happening. After all, no single man has ever changed the world.

<(Feed Looping to Recipient)>
<(Source returning to STATUS: Idle)>
<(End feed)>

<(REPLY: Y/N)>

Long-Wave Transmission to Rachel Baker - Sarawr!? - 04-10-2010

-[Video Link: On-Line]-
-[Begin Transmission]-

Rachel nodded intently as she listened to the new transmission, laughing softly at the comment about threats, she then looked to the monitor and began to speak.

"This is true, We would benefit from helping one another, though you will probably benefit more from this, as you won't have to worry about government and military forces breathing down your neck any longer. We however will benefit in that we will not have to worry about a [i]mostly innocent man being killed. I believe that helping you is worth while, it may reveal illegal corporate secrets, corruption, and it will help you to clear your name." [/i]

Rachel smiles slightly to the monitor.

"I look forward to this, Crux, and to finding things that may bring justice to many people who've been wronged. And hell, This will definantley be interesting, if nothing else."

-[Message: Complete]-
-[Transmission: Terminated]-
-[Signal Strength: Connected]-