Discovery Gaming Community
Urgent message for the Junker Congress .:j:. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Urgent message for the Junker Congress .:j:. (/showthread.php?tid=38252)

Urgent message for the Junker Congress .:j:. - Shush Muppet - 04-12-2010

In a conference room aboard Vieques Shipyard in Puerto Rico, a small group of Junker Congressmen and Women have gathered for a routine meeting. Some members are present through holo-communications from the decks of their ships, while others are physically present and sitting around a large table in the center of the room. Everyone is waiting for the session to begin and the hum of quiet discussion buzzes in the room. Abruptly, a beep indicating a recieved message interrupts the atmosphere. One member reaches over and activates the display in the center of the table which flickers to life, hovering a document in mid-air, which displays the following message:
-----------------------------

To: Members of The Junker Congress .:j:.
Sender: Undisclosed
Topic: Uh, you might want to see this...

Found a personal data-pad floating in the hulk of a Spatial over in one of the Kusari system's nebulas. From the journal entries, I discovered the pilot was a Junker known as Jake "Hobbes" Cohen. I appologize for not identifying myself, but if what is written on this thing is true, I don't want to take any chance that I'll suddenly turn up dead.
=================================================
/usercommand-> access file #3552A.009
::file encrypted::
/usercommand-> encryptioncrosscheck_access *********
::accessing file::
::file title: junker task force::
::author: Jake Cohen::

Creation of the Junker Task Force :jTf: ; a special operations wing of the Congress dedicated to covert operations against the Hogosha.
[SpecialOps ID; Junker IFF; :jTf: tag]

Greetings Congressmen and Women,

If you are recieving this message, I am more than likely dead. This is a long-shot on my part, that this data-pad will even survive if my ship is found, but at present, this is the only option I have.

A few days ago I came to the aid of a long-time friend who was being pursued by an unknown enemy. If my journal survived, you may be able to find a more detailed account of the events that have lead me to my current situation [http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=45&t=52660&st=0#entry834361]. In short, we recovered a few unique weapons from a Hogosha wreck deep in Kusari space, along with a heavily encrypted data-disk. While we couldnt entirely break the code, we did discover from old navigation records that the wreck had been bound for a secret Kusari Naval Station before it was ambushed by a group of Blood Dragons. A few days later, we were attacked while onboard a Zoner Station by a member of the Hogosha's Black Dragon Society [|]. We (me and my crew) are certain that the Black Dragon assassin we encountered was after the encrypted file. I am now convinced that they will not cease until everyone who has come into contact with this ship is dead.

Honored Congressmen and Women, something is brewing on the horizon. The Hogosha have been underestimated and ignored by the Junkers for too long. Whatever we found is directly connected to the Hogosha, the KNF, and the Black Dragon Society; and they desperately want it to remain a secret. We were able to crack a small portion of the code, and what we found is very troubling. The Hogosha is working in tandem with the Kusari Navy to wage a two-front war on Bretonia. While the Kusari Navy works to exhaust the Bretonian fleet, the Hogosha are working to erode the economy and underpinning of Bretonian society. Unfortunately, we were not able to crack into the specific details of the actual relationship between the Hogosha and Kusari Navy. But the consequences of success are obvious.

Bretonia is currently resisting Kusari invasion, but they are tiring. If they should fall, the Kusari Navy will supplant the Junkers with the Hogosha. From there, the Hogosha will use Bretonia as a base from which to spread their tentacles into Liberty. Before we are able to blink, the Hogosha will be knocking on our door, and the KNF will be right behind them. Why? Because they have the Black Dragon Society as muscle to wage an offensive war, while we rely on our resourcefulness and indispensability and the defensive tactics of the Junker Guard. Problem is, we arent indispensable. The Hogosha can, and will fill our shoes if we let them. The time for relying on Zoner politics and defensive tactics is over. We are not Zoners. And we will be overrun if we do not stand up and put the Hogosha back in their place.

For this reason, I urge the Congress to protect the power, profitability, security, and freedom of the Junkers by creating a new armed branch of the Junker Congress; the Junker Task Force :jTf:. A special operations force dedicated to infiltration and elimination of Hogosha threats.

Engaging in point-blank assault has never been the Junker way, and this will not change. Junker Task Force members will answer directly to the Congress and abide by the rules and procedures of the Congress. Task Force members will secretly enter the heart of Kusari, and strike at the Hogosha and the Black Dragons from the dark. Guerilla tactics. Hit and Run. Sabotage. Piracy. Engage the Hogosha on their home turf to keep them unbalanced and confused. The Junkers cannot allow them to continue growing unchecked in the relative safety of Kusari space. We must take the fight to them, or they will surely bring the fight to us. And if they do, we wont have the manpower or the fleet to keep them from slowly taking systems from us.

In conclusion, please consider what I have said very carefully, and weigh the consequences of inaction on this matter.

::end file::
/usercommand->close file
::file closed::

----------------------------------
The room is silent, waiting for the first man or woman who would voice an opinion on this unprecidented suggestion. Member glance between eachother, daring the other person the break the heavy silence that has enveloped the group.

Urgent message for the Junker Congress .:j:. - Hawk - 04-12-2010

****Incoming Transmission****
****Comm ID: Arbiter Jack Crow****

I'm assuming you are the same pilot who invaded Puerto Rico and interrupted a training session. So far, you have not told me anything I don't already know. If you have anything further, I'll speak to you in more private manner.

As for your task force, you are right........it's not our way. Do whatever you want in that respect, but leave the Congress out of it.

Crow Out.

****End Transmission****

Urgent message for the Junker Congress .:j:. - Shush Muppet - 04-13-2010

And with that, the busy hum in the room resumed an the Congress moved on to other pressing matters.