Discovery Gaming Community
/lock command - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: /lock command (/showthread.php?tid=38698)

Pages: 1 2

/lock command - CzeReptile - 04-21-2010

Right,
recently I have heard about peeps finding ships of someone else on their account. While we usually trust each other, sometimes it can be very easy to transfer the ship over to another account. I know admins can do something here n there, but proving that you did not sell or gave the ship is quite hard sometimes. So I thought, how about introducing a /lock command

which would do
you type /lock <password> and ship cannot be moved even if you are flying it, unless you type in proper password. Jsut a safeguard protection against such thieves.

think its worth it, or useless?

/lock command - dodike - 04-21-2010

It would be nice if it could lock the equipment too, so the ship and the equipment can't be transferred or sold

/lock command - jxie93 - 04-21-2010

It's so awesome you had to make two threads on it.

No, I personally don't find this command useful.

/lock command - Harcourt.Fenton.Mudd - 04-21-2010

Good idea.

A further refinment: add various options for what can be locked (with a seperate PW for each function)

/lockkit /unlockkit Locks the equiptment
Example usage: Shared ship, mounted kit cannot be unmounted

/lockcargo /unlockcargo
Whatever cargo is on the vessel at the time of the lock cannot be sold or dumped, just lost when destroyed, such as a shared ship with RP cargo

/lockchar /unlockchar prevents a rename or acct switch

Prehaps add, if doable, and IP filter as well. /setunlock PW OPTIONS /unlock PW
The owner enters the command, sets a PW to give to a person, picks what premessions they have for that ship.
The person using the ship enters their unlock PW, the PW becomes useless, the ships lock then allows their IP adress to access that ship.
Prehaps tie it to their account as well, require them to enter that char, enter their unlock PW, THEN go and enter the name of one of their chars.
Next time they get on that char, they have to confirm y/n (/confirm Y).

Then the owner(s) of the ship can use a command, /showaccess , which lets anyone with owners rights see who has access and what premessions they have.

/lock command - schlurbi - 04-22-2010

It isn't an Admins Responsibility to watch over that Character you gave away. Only give it to those you trust, if you don't trust them, then don't give it to them. I think that Command is silly and a Waste of Cannon's Time.

/lock command - n00bl3t - 04-22-2010

Plotting specifics here.

Make it so that any movement of these ships is red-flagged by Administrators, even if the password is correct.

Make it so that any movement of these ships is impossible without the password.

Make it so that equipment cannot be unmounted and transferred without the password.

Make it so that any credits cannot be transferred to another character, either through /movechar or in-game.

Make it so the above does not happen, with the exception of the first one, unless /unlock "paswordhere" is typed.

/lock command - Akura - 04-22-2010

Or not.

There is enough bull**** in this mod already.

/lock command - dodike - 04-24-2010

' Wrote:It isn't an Admins Responsibility to watch over that Character you gave away. Only give it to those you trust, if you don't trust them, then don't give it to them. I think that Command is silly and a Waste of Cannon's Time.

No one is asking Admins to watch over shared account.
This command would make much it safer for factions to share ships.
And its Cannon's time not yours so it's up to him to decide whether it's worth it.

' Wrote:Or not.

What is this? NO U?

' Wrote:There is enough bull**** in this mod already.

Can you post something constructive?
Many people would find it quite useful.

/lock command - Cris - 04-24-2010

Commands to lock ships in shared accounts could be useful actually. However major incidents regarding shared accounts (like stealing 1 billion credits from a bank) is something admins could address personally because them being so rare and, while minor incidents like mounting/unmounting equipment is basically one person's mistake, because of that I dont think someone(cannon) would bother to code it, again if it was to happen, I think they would be usefull.

/lock command - dodike - 04-24-2010

By equipment I meant mostly armor upgrades which are really expensive, we are talking tens, hundreds of millions here