Discovery Gaming Community
times change - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: times change (/showthread.php?tid=4040)

times change - Jinx - 09-28-2007

just a question - do old designs that are replaced by new ones ( thinking of corsair huntress ) stay in the game? but maybe no base selling them anymore.

that would add to the uniqueness of a ship, even if its utterly useless or worthless.

ps.: i made a search about that topic - but was overwhelmed by dozens of posts - but none with that exact topic in its title - so i haven t bothered to browse through all of them.

times change - Snip3rNife - 09-28-2007

I've been asking for this lately, mainly because I now realise that you can't just take a ship out of the game, however, I reckon there still should be the option to use the older version a ship.

Also, for the Rogue Gunboat, it could probably be renamed to Bounty Hunter Gunboat (as it seriously looks like a ship the BHG would fly. It even fits into FL IMO, but not as a Rogue ship) and the infocard saying that the Rogues managed to steal a copy of the blueprint for that ship, which is why some Rogues and Mollies use and sell it. Sure, the ship is just being suddenly changed, but I can't think of anything more practical, considering I've heard that it's a good ship.

times change - DarkOddity - 09-28-2007

As a BHG I personally wouldn't want that gunboat. It's kinda cool yea, but the whole guns being bigger than it and making it look like someone puked out a ship.. Pass.

times change - McNeo - 09-28-2007

It should be a BH gunboat because it fits in with the theme of Blockade runners that the BHG use right now. Fast, maneuverable, and small, with less firepower than the average. Its true for the destroyer, battleship, and I reckon it should be true for the gunboat too.

times change - DarkOddity - 09-28-2007

Well if that's the case, then I think some special turrets should be modeled to meet the small size so it doesn't look all nasty. If that was done, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

times change - alance - 09-28-2007

So you want a completely new line of turrets (duplicates of every other GB turret?) just for one ship? I don't see that as a good use of resources. I'd much rather see the ship enlarged or replaced.

times change - Monk - 09-28-2007

wow this got a bit off topic....Im not really sure what happens to active obsolete ships. I heard though that one of the admins has an obsolete ship and it could only be purchased on Lost Battlesship.

times change - Snip3rNife - 09-28-2007

' Wrote:Well if that's the case, then I think some special turrets should be modeled to meet the small size so it doesn't look all nasty. If that was done, I'd be perfectly fine with it.
' Wrote:So you want a completely new line of turrets (duplicates of every other GB turret?) just for one ship? I don't see that as a good use of resources. I'd much rather see the ship enlarged or replaced.
No. How about some Bounty Hunter turrets? If someone's too lazy to make models for them then why not just use the models of the Transport turrets?

' Wrote:wow this got a bit off topic....Im not really sure what happens to active obsolete ships. I heard though that one of the admins has an obsolete ship and it could only be purchased on Lost Battlesship.
Yes. That's the Corsair Dreadnought. That ship had a major glitch and had to be phased out. They lowered the armor to 1000 so nobody would use it, and made an RP story that allowed the Corsairs to use Osiris Battleships.