Discovery Gaming Community
Armored Transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Armored Transport (/showthread.php?tid=4121)

Pages: 1 2

Armored Transport - me_b_kevin - 10-06-2007

as the topic says...

i tried searching for it and can't put enough time into it while chasing my daughter around the house

so i figured i'd ask

seeing as the name says "Transport" and the ID does not allow transports....what is it classed?

is it a freightor? SHF? transport?

can someone with a neutral ID fly one?

ran into this today is why i ask. Don't want to kill someone who shouldn't be killed?

Armored Transport - mohr - 10-06-2007

I believe anything with more than 400 cargo is considered a transport and not a freighter. Well, last time I checked that is.

Mohr

Armored Transport - RingoW - 10-06-2007

The Armored Transport is a transport. The border line between freighters and transports increased to 500 hold size. The AT now has 525. If your ID just allows freighters you can not fly the AT.

Armored Transport - Jinx - 10-07-2007

sure it is 500 - and not 1k?

i thought the "transports" start with .. well, the transport, the classic 1k cargo liner. - anyway, the desctiption information sheet is confusing sometimes - the behemoth is described as a freighter in the description, but treated as a transport with its 2500 cargo space of course.

Armored Transport - RingoW - 10-07-2007

I don't remember the post, Igiss himself explained the border line between freighters and transports. Former 400 now 500. Thats why the hold size of the AT was increased from 480 to 525.

The infocard error for the behemoth is known and i think Igiss will change the entries from freighter to transport.

Take a look in the readme of Discovery 4.84 b1 in FLMM. There is an updated ship list with classifications. The AT is listed under transports.

Armored Transport - zethis - 10-07-2007

Long version:

direct from the server rules.

7.4 Neutral ID indicates peaceful characters that are not allowed to attack others (except when defending themselves), cannot use transports and capital ships, join or ally with any factions. Neutral ID owners must not be attacked by anyone, including the terrorists.

7.12 Trader ships are: freighters, utility ships, miner, transports, trains.

7.14 (Rule comes into effect after Discovery 4.84 release) For purposes of the server rules, all light fighters, heavy fighters, very heavy fighters, super heavy fighters, and bombers are considered fighters; cargo ships with cargo hold less than 500 units are considered freighters; cargo ships with cargo hold more than 500 units, including liners, are considered transports; gunboats, cruisers (including destroyers and battlecruisers), battleships (including dreadnoughts) are considered capital ships.

Short version:
The armored transport is a "freighter".

Please note, in version 4.83 freighters can have up to 1000 cargo hold, but as you can see from above, in 4.84 the rules is 500. Either way the armored transport will still be considered a freighter. Thus, it's ok to use a neutral ID for it.

Armored Transport - mohr - 10-07-2007

As stated before, the Armored Transport in 1.4 Beta 1 has 525 cargo. Just checked on the readme. So, as of the first Beta, it is a transport and not viable for a charactor using the Neutral ID.

Mohr

Armored Transport - Drake - 10-07-2007

Note that the 'Armored Transport' has about five times as much armor as even the best freighter, and I believe is listed under 'Transports' in the readme file (both the current version readme and the beta readme).

Armored Transport - me_b_kevin - 10-07-2007

so in a situation like this do i get into an arguing match with the person over them using the wrong ship (because you know they'll argue it) or just blast them or just leave them alone?

i mean neutral ID is still there but i wouldn't think that just because they are in the wrong ship should warrant me sending them to the beyond.

Armored Transport - DBoy1612 - 10-07-2007

400? 500? Where are you guys getting those numbers?

Anyway, anything over 1000 cargo is called as a Transport. Anything below is Freighter... No, an Armored Transport would be classed as a Freighter. Even though it says Transport. Why? Because its under 1000 cargo. Same deal with The Whale, it reads as a Frieghter, but is classed as a Transport.

So ya, I guess it can use a Neutral ID... Though I wouldn't suggest it. As it's just another cheap tatic to run from pirates.:dry: