Discovery Gaming Community
Getting into the Biz... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Getting into the Biz... (/showthread.php?tid=4122)

Getting into the Biz... - ghostcat - 10-07-2007

Alright, I've decided to stop waiting for people to have the same ideas as me, and make 'em myself!

I'm cruisin after I figure out how to run the Ship-making programs.

First on the list is a Starflier based bomber; fast, lightly armoured, and cheap!

Getting into the Biz... - RingoW - 10-07-2007

Do you really think the Starflier would be a good base for a bomber? Cheap is good but with light armour?
The task of a bomber normally is to attack capships. A light armoured ship, even if it has a high manouveribility cannot withstand the defensive fire of a capship for long.

Just my 2 pence.

' Wrote:Do you really think the Starflier would be a good base for a bomber? Cheap is good but with light armour?
The task of a bomber normally is to attack capships. A light armoured ship, even if it has a high manouveribility cannot withstand the defensive fire of a capship for long.

Just my 2 pence.

Comparatively light I mean, if the speed gets enough of a bump over other bombers, it should have the advantage when dodging fire.

Everyone knows I prefer to dodge then sponge up damage, and my thoughts on ships reflect that.

Getting into the Biz... - Dopamino - 10-07-2007

I think this is a great idea. the starflier is one of my favorite ships, and it's small size would make it very lethal. it would need to have low armor and firepower though.

Getting into the Biz... - Drake - 10-07-2007

Maybe give it just a single torpedo mount, unlike most bombers which have two? Let it mount and shoot a single Nova (since normal VHFs don't have the power anymore). Bombers can now only fire one Nova at a time anyway, unless that gets changed (hope so).

Getting into the Biz... - Dopamino - 10-07-2007

bombers wont be able to use novas at all soon.

No debates in my ship thread, shoo!

The single nova sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking low-level civvie bomber that requires a great deal of skill to use effectively.

Getting into the Biz... - mohr - 10-07-2007

Might i suggest perusing the First Aid for Developers? Click Me!

You probably have already. If you need help PM me. I dont now much about modeling in anything but Maya, but I am willing to help if possible.

Mohr

' Wrote:Might i suggest perusing the First Aid for Developers? Click Me!

You probably have already. If you need help PM me. I dont now much about modeling in anything but Maya, but I am willing to help if possible.

Mohr

Yep, just bought my milkshape license, gonna do the rest in a day or two. In the mean time I'm sketching out the expansion "sled" I'm going to mount on the thing. For the curious, here are my opinions on the Starflier line.

1: There is only one Starflier Model

2: It's highly modifiable, allowing a great deal of customization and upgrading (hence the -tracker, -blazer.

3: At first engineers couldn't figure out how to make it much stronger than the blazer version, but time has allowed them to develop a better "sled" and hull reinforcements.

EDIT: Oh, I'm referring to the expanding cross-braces on the back of the things when I say sled.