Discovery Gaming Community
To the Liberty Navy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the Liberty Navy (/showthread.php?tid=43834)

To the Liberty Navy - Dart - 07-14-2010

**--
Incoming transmission
from
Jimmy Moses

Greetings to whoever reads this. As some of you may or may not know, Im a pirate (arrr) however I'm more of a law enforcer than anything else. I only target subjects that are either breaking the siege on Rhineland, or do general extortion in Rhineland house space. my goal is simply to take measures into my own hands as you guys at the navy are too busy dealing with the ongoing piracy as well as the war.

Ever since declaring myself a pirate, i have lost access rights to all Navy and police bases, this makes it difficult for me to aid the Navy whenever they need assistance. Additionally it hampers my ability to enforce the siege. Note that I enforce the siege by extortion.

My proposal is this, I wish to gain Privateering rights as well as docking rights in liberty (primarily New York, Colorado and Texas), the reason is that a lot of superconductors and luxury consumer goods and state secrets get smuggled through. from these starting locations.

So to cut the request short, I wish to gain Docking rights, Privateering rights.
If the Navy requires me to funnel my profits into the war effort, that can be arranged.
OR if you require me to take more drastic measures against these blockade runners, that can be discussed

I would wish that my request be accepted. If any of the Lane hackers, outcasts, rouges etc, find out about this... i fear to know what will become of me.

Yours Truly
- Jimmy.Moses

p.s. If you fear about trusting my loyalty, i would wish you place me on a trust basis, in otherwords if you have proof of me attacking Navy officers with the assistance of criminals for no legal reason, please feel free to remove these rights if you accept them. I am not worried about this because I would have no intentions to break my loyalty to the land of the free.

End transmission
// I would make a rep change request if this gets accepted, if the rep change gets denied for whatever reason and this was accepted, consider that this never happened :P

To the Liberty Navy - Asgardian - 07-14-2010

[Inbound Transmission]
--Streaming--

[Image: captainflip2.png]Captain Jack Malrone
[Image: captainflip.png]
[Image: malronecaptain.png]
Piracy for the Commonwealth.

So, Mr Moses, you essentially want to be looked over by the law-enforcement agencies in Liberty and at the same time pirate and extort traders on our soil? Even if they are breaking the law, nobody should be taking the law into their own hands and its a little odd for a self-proclaimed pirate to be doing so.

I do see what you're trying to do here, but the Navy, in association with the Security Force and Police Force can happily secure Liberty just fine from both foreign and domestic threats. If you truly want to help Liberty, please swing by West Point Academy and we'll see what the Navy can do for you.

Also, a small warning to finish off with - If any officer's find you pirating/extorting/with a broken tail light, don't expect us to give you any kind of leniency for trying to do our job for us. Don't try and skirt around the law, Mr Moses, it may end badly for you.

Captain Jack Malrone,
Liberty Navy Primary Fleet

--Stream End
[Transmission End]

To the Liberty Navy - Dart - 07-15-2010

**--
Incoming Transmission
from
Jimmy Moses

Mailto: Captain Jack Malrone

Greetings sir captain.
I'm afraid you were too time constrained to read my full message, as it appears you haven't read it fully.

a problem with the Navy is that, despite dealing with all the pirates and the rhineland, these blockade runners are not intercepted.
I quote from you sir,
"the Navy, in association with the Security Force and Police Force can happily secure Liberty just fine from both foreign and domestic threats"
This has absolutely nothing to do with these blockade runners! I see plenty of these ships sending war materials in which we are trying to starve our enemy. I'm sorry sir, but I just have too much evidence that proves your point otherwise (again, in regards to these blockade runners).

There are various reasons why i refuse to join the Navy, I'm not here to hamper trade by taking out random traders. that would make me an outright criminal. I am targeting those poised for a blockade run into the Bering or Hudson systems. what serious crime do i commit by knocking out a trade lane that heads from Texas to Hamburg? The purpose of the law against disabling lanes, is so trade isn't hampered. However trade is forbidden in these areas, and i am simply catching the criminals that are feeding Rhineland, which is why we haven't defeated them yet.

as my final point, are these blockade runners not considered enemy of the state? what difference does it make if a engage an enemy of the state, or a Rhineland military vessel that is floating about in Texas?!

I beseech to you Captain Malrone, that you consider my case. I understand that allowing access to a person that has gone under is not very viable for you. in that case i would simply ask for the navy not to place me on a 'shoot on sight' basis.

-Jimmy Moses
End Transmission

To the Liberty Navy - Asgardian - 07-16-2010

[Inbound Transmission]
--Streaming--

>My reading skills.

Listen here,

I read your message a few times to make sure I didn't miss anything - When I tell you the Navy, LPI and LSF are doing their darnedest to keep blockade runners at bay, you can be assured they're putting in 110% effort.
Quote:I quote from you sir,
"the Navy, in association with the Security Force and Police Force can happily secure Liberty just fine from both foreign and domestic threats"
This has absolutely nothing to do with these blockade runners! I see plenty of these ships sending war materials in which we are trying to starve our enemy.
Blockade runners can be considered either a domestic or foreign threat, depending on whether they're shipping goods out or into Liberty.

Quote: what serious crime do i commit by knocking out a trade lane that heads from Texas to Hamburg?
Liberty Law Charter, Section One, Part II, Paragraph One
Quote:The disruption of a trade lane ring with intent to conduct acts of piracy.

Intent is shown by the accused party being present in the close vicinity of a trade lane ring when the disrupted party drops out of the lane.
Don't kid yourself, what you're doing is considered piracy by the law. I know that you're going to reply with "Well, I'm trying to get permission to take down these tradelanes to stop the embargo runners!" - The only problem with this is that its not only embargo runners who use these lanes. Consider if we granted you this privilage - How would you feel, as a civilian, if you got violently thrown out of a tradelane by a known pirate who could quite easily kill you and face little repercussions for his actions? You may not kill the civilian, but there is a chance you'll attack him/her with no lawful reason and the Liberty Navy would've essentially given you the means to. That, as you will agree, is unacceptable.
Quote:However trade is forbidden in these areas, and i am simply catching the criminals that are feeding Rhineland, which is why we haven't defeated them yet.
You need to get yourself up to speed on our embargo laws.

Mister Moses, you're making a very passionate case for defending Liberty and all she holds dear by vanquishing blockade runners. My advice - Quit being a pirate and work as a Freelancer on a government contract. If approved for government contracts, you may be able to lawfully bring down these smugglers and happily land on any Liberty base (barring a few of course). Or is your problem that you want the best of both worlds? - Pirate and plunder to earn yourself riches, as well as going to sleep knowing you're also "serving Liberty" in some warped sense.

You can't sit on the fence any longer, Mister Moses, make a decision.

Captain Jack Malrone

--Stream End
[Transmission End]

To the Liberty Navy - Dart - 07-16-2010

**--

Incoming Transmission
from
Jimmy Moses

Mailto: Captain Jack Malrone

"How would you feel, as a civilian, if you got violently thrown out of a tradelane by a known pirate who could quite easily kill you and face little repercussions for his actions? You may not kill the civilian, but there is a chance you'll attack him/her with no lawful reason and the Liberty Navy would've essentially given you the means to. That, as you will agree, is unacceptable."
THAT, can happen in -any- situation. I'm sorry captain, but thats just a bad example. I could do the same as a Liberty Navy officer, either way i would be punished for my actions.

"Mister Moses, you're making a very passionate case for defending Liberty and all she holds dear by vanquishing blockade runners. My advice - Quit being a pirate and work as a Freelancer on a government contract. If approved for government contracts, you may be able to lawfully bring down these smugglers and happily land on any Liberty base (barring a few of course)."
this sounds like a sound course of action for me to take. could you direct to where i can apply for such a role?

Also under this contract would i be able to lawfully interfere with Rhinelanders in Rhineland, under contract/or liberty law? (in other words, privateering) As it stands, i am more concerned over the blockade running over anything else.

Thanks for the amount of time you have spent on me thus far
- Jimmy Moses

End transmission

To the Liberty Navy - Asgardian - 07-17-2010

[Inbound Transmission]
--Streaming--

>The "Good" Side.

It wasn't such a bad example because I trust in the lawful forces of Liberty and I don't particularly trust pirates - Meaning you.

That being said, becoming a "Freelancer" would mean you'd have to obey all the laws of Liberty without fail, any slip in this and you'd be classed as a rogue entity, putting you back in this dilemma. I'm sure a contract could be drawn up in which you'd defend the borders of Liberty and in return, we'd ignore your questionable background after paying a one-time lump sum for your past indiscretions.

I'll have to speak to my superiors about this and get back to you when all the I's have been dotted and T's crossed.

Captain Jack Malrone

--Stream End
[Transmission End]