Discovery Gaming Community
Ignore Flood - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Ignore Flood (/showthread.php?tid=44797)

Pages: 1 2

Ignore Flood - ryeguy146 - 08-09-2010

Sure, flood sometimes has some funny posts, but in the end, it's not why I come to Discovery. I can get lulzy stuff anywhere on the internet. And when I see it here, I end up clicking and getting frustrated. That's it.

So, my ignored users list would thank you if there were some possible way for me to just block flood. Please?

Ignore Flood - Disparagess - 08-09-2010

I honestly don't see why you would need this.

Can't you just ignore it (not physically, just...)? Or is it too hard not to click?

Ignore Flood - Bobthemanofsteel - 08-09-2010

Just don't go to flood?
Derp.

Thanks guys. Amazing advice. Derp indeed.

It is much easier to avoid eating ice cream if it isn't in the freezer. See what I'm saying? This doesn't seem an outlandish request to me. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Ignore Flood - SeaFalcon - 08-09-2010

' Wrote:Thanks guys. Amazing advice. Derp indeed.

It is much easier to avoid eating ice cream if it isn't in the freezer. See what I'm saying? This doesn't seem an outlandish request to me. Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

Ah...
You better eat that ice cream real quick before it melts!

And while you are eating ice cream...
I clicked on your name...
and looked where you were most active in...
FLOOD

Although almost everyone needs a little flooding to wash away some dirt.
I'm not sure if you want to throw away such a part of your life.

In other words give yourself 1 day in the week where you look into the flood section?
Good luck:cool:

I know that I'm active in Flood. But I've no desire to be. It's that bloody ice cream again.

And I could go there to "wash off," but I can do that anywhere on the internet. Right now, flood is just wasting my time, clicking into meaningless threads when I'm trying to do things on the forum.

I simply find it unnecessary.

Ignore Flood - SeaFalcon - 08-09-2010

Get those yellow sticking papers and write:
"DO NOT CLICK FLOOD!!!"
And stick 300 of them around your screen and on your keyboard and also your mouse and speaker set and your computer itself.
Also stick them on your room door and house front and back door.
And also 1 on the ice cream box

Ignore Flood - Marburg - 08-09-2010

Uh, dude, I'm gonna say this with abosolutely no humor or malice intended.

Your logic creeps me out:mellow:

The reason it creeps me out is because you are talking like a strung out junkie would.

If you don't want to go into flood, then simply don't click on flood

There is not a single person here that is holding a gun to your head & forcing you into flood, it's just you seemingly wearing your complete lack of self-control proudly as if it's a badge.

No one is ever going to save you from yourself dude.

If ya don't man up & get a grip on yourself now, you are going to hate yourself for it later at some point.

I don't mean to sound like a strung out junkie, I'm not. I said active, my post count there constitutes a whole 16% of my posts, even fewer if you could look at recent months. It's not like I'm addicted to the damn thing. How about this:

Why should I have to even bother looking at what subforum a thread is under to check if it's in flood (when looking for new posts. I never actively click on flood to browse it)?

Yes, sometimes flood is funny, or interesting, but usually, it only serves to be frustrating. I can get that same effect elsewhere, and would prefer to.

Further, I'm unsure as to why this is a request that needs to be explained. I don't want flood. Is that too much? It's not even lack of self control. Hell, even Hoodlum has accidentally posted there, but I don't have the ability to delete my own posts, unfortunately.

I'm quite happy with my self control though, Marburg. I'd detail my reasoning behind this, but I doubt it much matters. I won't take offense to that given that you're a productive member of the community. I doubt you really intended to personally insult me. That, and I was the one that made it sound like I was a frackin' junkie.

I really do not see why this is an issue. I'd even be ecstatic if when I searched for new posts, flood ones didn't show up. Then, if I absolutely needed to go there, I can still click in. That's fine with me. I just don't want to waste time scrolling past the tons and tons of posts there when looking for new topics to read.

Ignore Flood - Marburg - 08-09-2010

No, I didn't intend to insult you personally which is why I made that clear when I said my thing.

& I do totally understand your point. You don't wanna be bothered with seeing flood at all, because you "click on it & get frustrated", you would find it easier to avoid eating ice cream "if it isn't in the freezer"

Yeah, that's junkie talk. Substitute the word 'flood' for drugs, food, attention, money, power, sex, videogames, TV...anything that is abuseable, & you still get the same behavior.

You've made clear that you have no desire to be active in flood...yet you are. You claim that flood distracts you when you are trying to do things on the forum.

Why?

If you don't want ice cream, don't open the freezer. open the pantry instead. If you are doing something on the forums, then pay attention to that & stop looking for an excuse to get distracted & blaming flood for it.

Lack of flood control is not caused by spam, it's caused by your desire for the taste of it.

One day, you'll see it for what it is if/when you get sick of it enough.