Discovery Gaming Community
"Journal" of sorts... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: "Journal" of sorts... (/showthread.php?tid=45583)

"Journal" of sorts... - Sand_Spider - 08-23-2010

This journal was created for the sole purpose of keeping track of the good stuff that happens in-game. It is more for personal use, however you are entitled to read it if you so desire.

[color=#FF6600]~Sand_Spider...

After an attempt to investigate the large gathering in Omicron Lost, and subsequently being jumped by the SCRA, Ramayana retreats back to Iota, and makes contact with an Admiral of the Order. Specifically, Orley of the Battleship Gizeh.

[color=#00CCCC]Ramayana: ***...Void...***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley starts checking the systems again

Ramayana: ***(A vision of a dark abyss appears, leaving the soul with a sense of grief)***

Ramayana: ***..''We''...Curiosity... ...(Yours)...Hostility....Recollection.....***

Ramayana: ***(A vision of a nomad seeking answers is seen surrounded by menacing looking ships, a vision similar to the situation previous)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Lieutenant, cut that down already! Why is this thing actually getting' through? Make it stop, do it!

Ramayana: ***(The ships, without reason, fire upon the nomad, only wishing to explore; to discover the meaning of ''Gathering'')***

Ramayana: ***..''We''...Curiosity... ...Meeting......Punishment...***

Ramayana: ***(The nomad, clearly unwanted, thus vanishes. The vision fades, along with the rest of the ''speech'')***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: I guess no one else saw that, right? Lieutenant, try to track down whatever contacted me there...

Ramayana: ***(A seemingly final communication is made)***

Ramayana: ***..''We''...(Named)...''Ramayana''...***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: I see, Iota you say? Damn it. Yes, do that, if you can somehow reconstruct the images I received, there must be some marks left somewhere.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Note that down, Lieutenant! And if you could, block every incoming frequency now! R A M A Y A M A

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Got it? Right, and now see what you can find under that name!

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: An ancient indian epic, some prince? I demand all the information filed on it, hurry.

Ramayana: ***(Another communication is attempted, but blocked by the jammer frequencies created to block all incoming messages)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: There, can you see......Wait, you can even hear it. *Orley points on the screens and explains something to his crew members.*

Ramayana: ***(The frenquency jammers strain as they keep the alien transmissions at bay)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Alright. *He points at the empty seats and other instruments* Secure the area and do what you did before this incident.

Ramayana: ***(The jammers start to become even more strained, to the point of causing alert messages to appear on screens)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: What the hell?! Now what is wrong now, can't this just be a normal day? I guess not, I want a report on what happened just now! Immediately!

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Unbelievable, that can not be true. Why can't you manage to block that?

Ramayana: ***(A small stream of alien communication manages to break through the jammers. From what you can tell, it seems to be a code)***

Ramayana: ***A.ph. ...G.m.a ...B.t. ...E.a ...D...E...L...T...A... I..a... Mi..r........***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Again something we got there. Johnson, have you recorded this combination of numbers? And......What the...

Ramayana: ***(The code appears to be somewhat blocked by the frequency jammers, though one of the string stands out)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Admiral, why is this thing naming all the Omicrons except of Theta? And yes.....Delta is somehow eyecatching.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: check the instruments. Link up with the Freeport 11's satelite, check Delta!

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Understood, this will take a minute....

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Ramayana, or whatever this thing calls himself....It is there, in Delta. We somehow can not locate him, but he is there.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: How? How can you lose the signal again? It is constantly breaching through our jammers and you tell me, you can not track that thing?!

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: It disappeared for a.........Wait. There it is again. We got the signal.

Ramayana: ***(More, somewhat blocked code makes it through the jammers)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Record that! Everything!

Ramayana: ***K.sa.. ...B.et..i. ...R.ei..an. ...L...rty ...H...I...S...P...A...N...I...A........***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: The Houses, Admiral.....Hispania seems to be of importance here.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: See if you can bring Ramayana and Hispania in any relation, Lieutenant.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Negative. There does not appear to be any connection to the two, Admiral.

Ramayana: ***O.ang. ...(T..ei.s) ...U.der..and..g ........O.he.s ...Ho..il.ty ...(O.rs. ...***

Ramayana: ***(A more understandable string makes it past the now dangerously strained jammers)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Again something, Admiral. It keeps getting through, but we are already working on it. Here is what we just received.

Ramayana: ***Orange...Ones... (A vision of the planet Malta flashes for a split-second)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Capture that! This is Malta, isn't it? Indeed......Well, keep working on adapting the jammers, Lieutenant.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: If I continue being that quiet here in Lost, the SCRA may become suspicious *the crew onboard the bridge laughs*

Ramayana: ***(A short, sharp chirping sound temporarily disables the jammers, also cutting off the laughter of the crew)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: A few more minutes you say? Well, take your time, but make sure, it works when you've finished the adaptations.

Ramayana: ***(A vision of something not of human origins enters the mind of Admiral Orley)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: We have enough firepower around here, power the batteries down and use the weaponry's energy to strengthen the jammers!

Ramayana: ***(The thing, purplish blue in color, appears to be a nomad, with various artifacts swirling around it)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Argh... *holds head* Johnson, hurry with it.....

Ramayana: ***(The objects begin to swirl faster and faster, until one of them breaks off: A rather sharp looking one)***

Ramayana: ***(The object flies at rapid speed towards Orley's chest. Just before it has the chance to strike, the jammers come back)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: All..........argh.....Noooo! Stop that..........

Ramayana: ***(The vision fades, leaving Orley clutching at his chest)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Jammers are working at 100% again. They have twice the power than usual now, but we are also without any defenses now.

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: Get us out of here.....I feel very weak. Inform the others of what happened. I shall rest today. Bring us to a safe position behind that planey, hide us and keep an eye on the systems *Planet in Lost*

Ramayana: ***(All other communications are blocked without trouble. Eventually, the communications cease indefinitely)***

Order|CV-Gizeh: Orley: I see, the jammers are fully functional again. Make clear that does not happen again! If so, I will personally udge you!

Order|CV-Gizeh: Johnson: Admiral, excuse me and my failures. I damn well notticed what you suffered there, it was very close, I fear.