Discovery Gaming Community
Memorial thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Memorial thread (/showthread.php?tid=48570)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Memorial thread - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 10-16-2010

Jamie/Jammi

Not quite sure if he's gone completely, but last I heard he had vanished, which is a shame, as he is/was a really awesome guy. He was also about the most level-headed guy I have ever met in all my time here.

Memorial thread - Doc Holliday - 10-16-2010

Malcalypse! He's the one who befriended me first in this server and gave me my opportunities. I miss him, really I do. I owe him much.

Some other good players have also been mentioned:

-Sprolf (very wise and a damn good Molly)
-Iron Watsas (Had some good RP with him)
-Gentle (Former leader of OPG) Tough man in RP but he did it well.

Memorial thread - Boss - 10-16-2010

Hyung Soong

Memorial thread - Rommie - 10-16-2010

My man Baal, or I think "atreides2" it is here on the forums. Man that guy was so drunk. He got me in CR. Rather tricked me, that sneeky bastard. Regardless of the reason, he always had at least 2 bottles of wine or other alcoholic liquid somewhere nearby. I can't recall the number of times we went into Alpha against the Hordes of Orange, and he used to sing anthems along the way... oh the good old days... . The Bomber Squad, 2 months of sheer terror we gave to the Smugglers in the Tau's. And his accent, oooh boy. We still make skypecalls just for the lulz of inviting him over and pissing him off so he starts cursing in all manner of dialects. He's also from the same country as I am, so that makes us even closer.

To better days B.

Memorial thread - Elven - 10-16-2010

Ironwatsas, Kelt, Ophidian, *Order* Rouge, Lovejoy, Sead (is he still around?), crta (nearly inactive), Ben, Peregrino, Caltu, Dieter, West, *active* Malexa, Josh-VR-guy, *TBH* Baconsoda, Ktayn, LC| Carole, Rainny, Kaze, TME, Aurigae, Alehandro, Gentle, Sprolf, Reverand Del, Banza...

Memorial thread - Blighter - 10-16-2010

You gentlemen keep reminding me of more people. D:

I second Watsykins. He was fun and just 'unique', to put it in one word.

I'll also second Del whom I really didn't have much to deal with and whom I'd often disagree with as such, but I've got to give the man that he left a hell of a mark for many people here and put his personal stamp on Discovery in the shape of the LR, as I like to think, and that's a big deal.

And I've to add one big man who's one hell of a bastard - in the good way - and who's always been fun to have around and play with. Tomo, aka Titan, aka Admiral John Talon. A great guy, a great roleplayer and just a reaaally fun guy with a really awesome sense of humor, seriously. I remember one particular time where him, Joe and I went out on our Squids to York and we ended up discussing 'human procreation' in detail. In Nomad-speak. It was one of the most hilarious runs I've been on during my time here.

Memorial thread - Kubotan - 10-16-2010

Luke.

Old, old SCRA guy. Only had the chance to talk to him during my SCRA days for three months or so. If there is a definition for the word "confidence", he is it. Fantastic fella. He was more of the very old generation of Discovery players tho.

Another guy is TankTarget. Had his ups and downs but in the end those ups were the things that defined him.

Memorial thread - Jihadjoe - 10-16-2010

' Wrote:And I've to add one big man who's one hell of a bastard - in the good way - and who's always been fun to have around and play with. Tomo, aka Titan, aka Admiral John Talon. A great guy, a great roleplayer and just a reaaally fun guy with a really awesome sense of humor, seriously. I remember one particular time where him, Joe and I went out on our Squids to York and we ended up discussing 'human procreation' in detail. In Nomad-speak. It was one of the most hilarious runs I've been on during my time here.

Tomo (Titan) was an awesome example of how you could be a complete douchebag in many ways, and yet still an inherently good person underneath it all. One of the best people disco has seen.

Also worth mentioning is Skoko, who is by far and away one of the nicest folks I've ever met. I remember one night the two of us were both so drunk we could hardly see... Flew down to OMicron Gamma in our RoS sabres, and came back with ten corsair scalps, all of them claimed by total accident. Best luck-run I've ever had... Musta been luck because neither of us were in a fit state to do anything other than fall out of our respective chairs.

Good people both of them, awesome roleplayers, intelligent, good natured and awesome humans. Tomo and Skoko made probably one of the finest tag-teams in discovery history in their day. They were considered to be pvp gods of their age.

Disco is poorer for their absence.

Memorial thread - lw'nafh - 10-17-2010

Sprofl, still talk to him, but miss him here all the same. Fun to muck around with...

Unholy1, I never really figured out what happened to him, he just disappeared. But he was good to me and could be pretty fun to work with.

Lastly, someone not many of you would remember...

JMSComp, he was pretty level headed, and he helped me out an arseload. He moved off to USA for a while then seemed to drop off of the face of Freelancer. *sigh* :<

Memorial thread - TTC - 10-17-2010

I really miss Karlotta and Mudd. They were real awesome people, I really miss them.

On an unserious note, Altair, noone probably knows him, but he was the one that gave me a reason to play on this server. even if he got mad at me and quit, I still owe him stuff and more stuff