Discovery Gaming Community
Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Please help the new discovery mod player in SP (/showthread.php?tid=4928)

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - Doomy - 12-10-2007

Well i am really quite stuck. I completed the story (again) without discovery and quickly tired of the standard freelancer world. Looking to some diversity i stumbled upon this mod and am so far pleased. I have a net worth of over 3.5million credits and I'm still on level 30, which is restricting my access to some new, tasty ships, not to mention more lucrative missions!

I already posted this question in an existing thread but didn't receive any help.

Thanks

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - RingoW - 12-10-2007

I'm not an expert, but i will try to help.

1. Do you play Singleplayer or Multiplayer at the moment?
2. When Singleplayer. Did you have finished the story within Discovery or the original game?

Respectful
AoM

' Wrote:I'm not an expert, but i will try to help.

1. Do you play Singleplayer or Multiplayer at the moment?
2. When Singleplayer. Did you have finished the story within Discovery or the original game?

Respectful
AoM

Playing single player. I finished the game before i knew of the mod, therefore i finished it without it.

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - RingoW - 12-10-2007

In this case i can give you the advise to play the story again, within Discovery. As soon as you have completed the story, enable Open SP, to get the more lucrtaive jobs.

If you don't want to play the story you can enable Open SP at once, but make sure to back up the DLL folder befor you enable Open SP.

If you want to play MP one day, deactivate the mod and copy the DLL back up into the Freelancer folder. Then activate the mod again and let all settings as default.

As i said before, i'm not an expert, so there might be one with a better solution.

Respectful
AoM

' Wrote:In this case i can give you the advise to play the story again, within Discovery. As soon as you have completed the story, enable Open SP, to get the more lucrtaive jobs.

If you don't want to play the story you can enable Open SP at once, but make sure to back up the DLL folder befor you enable Open SP.

If you want to play MP one day, deactivate the mod and copy the DLL back up into the Freelancer folder. Then activate the mod again and let all settings as default.

As i said before, i'm not an expert, so there might be one with a better solution.

Respectful
AoM

Thanks,

Anyone else have any suggestions? I don't really feel like playing through the story agian so soon.

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - downding - 12-11-2007

Sorry for dropping in, but something you said seemed off to me. You said you played through SP vanilla and then switched on the discovery mod. If so then you shouldn't be able to access the old save files from vanilla since the game creates separate non-interchangeable save folders for each different version/mod (or combination of mods) of Freelancer. Or... am I really far, far off.

Like Angel of Mercy said, if you don't want to play through the storyline again, you can just switch on Open SP when you first activate the mod. It skips over the SP campaign storyline and allows you to edit your starting location, level of funding and faction reputations. If you want to restore the exact funding you had, 3.5 mil, you can download the Ioncross Editor (google with "Ioncross Character Editor") and edit your ship/funds/whatever.

Another question though. Angel, ahm, are we supposed to deactivate a customly setup mod if we want to play MP? Far as I can tell, none of the categories I can change (client side+Open SP) affect the Discovery Sever and I have been playing Open SP and MP with the same mod activated... unless somehow I shouldn't be.:P

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - Doomy - 12-11-2007

' Wrote:Sorry for dropping in, but something you said seemed off to me. You said you played through SP vanilla and then switched on the discovery mod. If so then you shouldn't be able to access the old save files from vanilla since the game creates separate non-interchangeable save folders for each different version/mod (or combination of mods) of Freelancer. Or... am I really far, far off.

Like Angel of Mercy said, if you don't want to play through the storyline again, you can just switch on Open SP when you first activate the mod. It skips over the SP campaign storyline and allows you to edit your starting location, level of funding and faction reputations. If you want to restore the exact funding you had, 3.5 mil, you can download the Ioncross Editor (google with "Ioncross Character Editor") and edit your ship/funds/whatever.

Another question though. Angel, ahm, are we supposed to deactivate a customly setup mod if we want to play MP? Far as I can tell, none of the categories I can change (client side+Open SP) affect the Discovery Sever and I have been playing Open SP and MP with the same mod activated... unless somehow I shouldn't be.:P

All i did was copy my save games from my original SP folder into the discovery mod one. Worked a treat, but now i'm stuck! I did level up a few times in discovery but now, stuck one 30!

I don't want to start a Open SP game and have to re-discover all the systems agian:(

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - Mr_3ppozz - 12-11-2007

that looks like the source of your trouble... you copied Vanilla savegames to the disco mod folder.. That is bound to give you problems..

In Mod Manager, just activate the OpenSP and place the settings as you please. Just make sure you backup the DLL folder, else you will run into trouble the next time:)

Dont copy the save-games you had. just make new ones, its not that hard, and the SP campaign is only like 6/7 hours of work, so you can get trought that in no-time (Vanilla SP, never played it with disco active)

Please help the new discovery mod player in SP - Mr_3ppozz - 12-11-2007

Bloody big fingers *Delete at will*