Discovery Gaming Community
The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal (/showthread.php?tid=5044)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - mjolnir - 12-20-2007

yes the pilot might be a bit of a problem sometimes.... people would simply need kill some of their own NPCs every now and then to get one.... because the ship with the pilots can't be accessible all the time...also nearest place where cardi is sold is on Cape Wrath in Newcastle...

on the other hand, when someone is killed, he can take "chillout time" flying there... but the low level LFs (daggers) are very vulnerable to asteroid collisions now... two hits and you'r dead

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - Xoria - 12-20-2007

I can't actually change the diplomatic roster at the moment, but here is what I am thinking about doing when I get home.

RHA - If you were a Liberty unlawful faction, you would receive Allied status. Since you are in Rheinland, we don't know much about you except for hearsay. We won't hardly ever meet, but if we do, then I expect the Outcast alliances we share to keep things polite and profitable. It stays neutral for now. Once a diplomatic channel has been opened by The Lane Hackers (whenever Moriarty's account validates) RHA can throw some RP our way BOTH on the forum AND in game that could move RHA into the friendly category. (Meaning, you will have to do something for us in game...we're pretty poor right now, certain equipment upgrades would be appreciated, like heavy CMs, enh. thrusters, adv cargo scanners, mark 8 armors.) It will be up to you.

Black Squadron - Local politics trumps global concerns. The Order is dedicated to the overthrow of the Liberty gov't, so the similarity of goals with LH trumps our dislike of who they are friends with. If they weren't so friendly with the Corsairs, LH would desire a Mutual Protection Pact. Our similar goals move BS| up the chart, their lousy choice of friends in the Border Worlds prevents it from becoming stronger.

Hogosha, Junkers - If we have to choose between them, there is no question that we side with the Junkers. Rochester and Beaumont are far too important to us strategically to do otherwise. The business the Hogosha do at Leidan moves them up the ladder, but their alliance with Corsairs and outright hostility to Outcasts and Junkers moves them back down. Hogosha and Black Dragon stance will be changed to neutral.

UKMG - With all of the factions to go through, it's a wonder that this was the only big mistake I made with our chart. I'll fix it later, UKMG will be neutral.

I will also move =CR= to neutral and RepEx to Unfriendly, since I think that makes a better fit for the descriptions that I have given for what each diplomatic stance means.

I've addressed the Phantoms and [IND] already. They are welcome to intrude into our diplomatic channel later if they have major concerns to address.

Any other diplomatic concerns? I want to get this settled by tonight.

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - Othman - 12-21-2007

Well done boy..
Thine effort and work art appreciated..

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - chopper - 12-21-2007

I actually love what you have done with faction progress.
It's the only faction that now uses weaker ships for recruits, and i love it.
It will keep most people away, but at least you won't have all sorts of people requesting to join.
It is a brilliant idea, i must admit.

I would actually put your faction as an example for all the others.
It would be wonderful if all factions would use their Mk1 HF's an LF's for new recruits.
Great job.

One more thing. It seems you will be keeping stats who brings how many pilots, codes etc.
It is a hard work, i hope you know what you'r getting into.
Because, it wouldn't look good if you would stop keeping stats after 1 month.
If you know what i mean.
Once again, great job for all of those who worked on this faction.

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - Jwnantze - 12-21-2007

on that subject, chopper, its all well and good for as liberty faction to do thsi, but take the RoS for example. We opperate in Alpha. Alpha has High lvl BHG VHF's meters from Malta. It is hard taking down a defender in a dagger, it would be impossible to survive an encounter with a hammerhead.

Yes i know that, and i agree, Daggers for Outcasts would be too much.
But there are Outcasts in Liberty as well.
I am actually surprised that OC factions are not working a bit in Liberty.
If I were you (in OC faction), i would make at least 1 aditional char only for being and fighting in Liberty.
Same goes for Corsairs and Brettonia.
They could actually help QCO/QCP/SF activity.
UOG and NLH are obviously not enough.

I agree with you about Alpha though, i'v tried to kill Hammerheads in Legionnaire.
Imagine me.
But Stiletto against Hammerheads would be interesting.:)

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - Gamazson - 12-21-2007

' Wrote:I actually love what you have done with faction progress.
It's the only faction that now uses weaker ships for recruits, and i love it.
It will keep most people away, but at least you won't have all sorts of people requesting to join.
It is a brilliant idea, i must admit.

I would actually put your faction as an example for all the others.
It would be wonderful if all factions would use their Mk1 HF's an LF's for new recruits.
Great job.

One more thing. It seems you will be keeping stats who brings how many pilots, codes etc.
It is a hard work, i hope you know what you'r getting into.
Because, it wouldn't look good if you would stop keeping stats after 1 month.
If you know what i mean.
Once again, great job for all of those who worked on this faction.

Err I don't want to rain on the parade any but other factions do this too. Heck in SU, unless I have seen significant proof of your abilities you spend the first few weeks in a bactain, a ship that many of us still fly even though we have Liners.

My apologizes then, Nexus. I am glad that there are people doing this.
I just wasn't so well informed about Slaver's Union, sorry again.

*trying to make himself stop spamming the thread!*

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - looter - 12-29-2007

' Wrote:...
so if piracy / lane hacking is the primary method - you ll have some boring times. so you might want to get into interaction with the various factions quickly to offer apps something.

Really? Lane Hacking is what I do for a living. Aye, if you don't have the Hacker know-how, you'll get bored to death! But I can prove the opposite for the Lane Hackers. I've been doing this for quite some time and it doesn't matter who carries the juicy cargo (only difference is in the talking involved.) I can't exactly explain to you why is it such amusing to pirate / lane hack, that intel is classified. Try becoming a smart pirate yourself :).

' Wrote:I'd probably leave the pilot out, actually. It causes a lot of hassle and your pilots will stop doing it rather quickly, I think.

Actually I think it will force pilots to follow the Hacker way more thoroughly. Trying to avoid death is a very sensible thing to do for a Hacker, since we are Hedonists. You can't enjoy your life when you're dead. Honour isn't really the primary motive of behaviour for us...

' Wrote:I agree with you about Alpha though, i'v tried to kill Hammerheads in Legionnaire.
Imagine me.
But Stiletto against Hammerheads would be interesting.:)

We really should meet one day. I think I'm not overestimating myself when I say that taking out a wing of Hammerheads in a Stiletto is a piece of cake. The elusive obvious ... difference between Legionnaire and Stiletto is that they're different classes of ships ... Legionnaire is not a Heavy Fighter.
I'd really like to show you the art of fishing ... all you have to do is mount a Starkiller. No difference how big the fish is. Okay, the Orca isn't big, she's just huge. Anyway, Stiletto can bite, believe me. As much as some people call the Refrigerator's Pirate Transport a pile of junk ... until they get pirated. Has your fridge ever bitten you?;)

Safe flying, everyone ... :rolleyes:

The Lane Hackers, Faction Proposal - Jwnantze - 12-29-2007

Actually, looking back on my time in a dagger, the hammerheads were a peace of cake compared to the hour long missions to rid the world of 22 Liberty Police Patriots.