Discovery Gaming Community
The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon) (/showthread.php?tid=50472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dusty Lens - 02-25-2011

With a snap of the hand the card vanished back to whence it had came, with a flourish something passing for a tired smile crossed his face and with a look to suggest the ****ing devil might spring out of his very ******* if he was crossed he imparted a measure of meaning to Gheis. Or so he hoped. It'd be nice if kept his mouth shut. He might have just looked ridiculous however. At any rate the company in the room was going from stoner to boner doubletime and he didn't like it one bit.

Just a traveler. Traveling. In space. To places, ah, like here.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Aphil - 02-25-2011

Rhade walked into the bar, his flight suit remained in his ship, only wearing a casual T-Shirt, along with Cargo Pants, Rhade looked around. Immediately, he spotted Alissa, and saw Ling trying to be discrete. A useful tactic.

Rhade sighed to himself, everything he loved was back in Omega-52, under the control of a mad man. Premier Katz was in severe condition, and Alvarez had even offered to surrender himself to the Navy. Rhade knew, that should Premier Katz die, there would be no hope.

Deciding not to drink anything just yet, Rhade sat down beside Alissa.

"So, what's on your mind?"

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dancing Bears - 02-25-2011

Lev looked down from his little office window. Seemed the place was starting to fill up, and Lev decided he ought to go down and play host. Picking up one of the many glass pipes on his table, he headed for the door down to the main room.

Lighting his pipe as he walked into the main room, he took stock of the folks that were there. "Manny" he yelled to the man behind the bar. "Send one all around on me, smoked or drink, either way, nice to see so many people in the place."

With that Lev took a seat at the booth closest to the stairs and continued to smoke his pipe.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Yaoquizque - 02-25-2011

[Image: Shesitsonaglass.png]

The young girl finished her tea and smiled at the bartender, noticing he was looking at a girl entering in the bar.
She smiled "She is your type, uh?"

He made a somewhat neutral face "Not at all..."
As she looked at his face she laughed "Okay... Keep your secrets!" She then sighed "Well... It's not here i will find any job... anyway..." She took a look at the customers "Everyone seems to be so... Shy here... " She bursted out laughing.

He just shrugged "Hmmm? This is a regular bar... Far from anything... What did you expect?"

The girl made her shy face "I don't know...? Someone inviting me to share his bed for a night maybe?"
He coughed. Seeing this, she laughed... "Well well well.. You're blushing again... Anyway... I was looking for a job... Do you need dancers in the bar?" She smiled.

The bartender made a strict face and raised an eyebrow "What kind of... Dance...?"
She just grinned, staring at him, then turned around and shouted. "This bar doesn't need any dancer?"

She studied the people in bar and shook her head, laughing "Guess not... They are too busy doing... Uhhh... I don't know what actually!" She laughed and got on her feet to leave the bar...

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dancing Bears - 02-25-2011

As Lev was sitting at his table, quietly watching the scene and smoking his pipe, one of his patrons happened to catch his attention. There was something about the grizzled man that made Lev a bit uneasy. Then Lev's brain caught up with his eyes. He noticed the twin fist sized bulges under the man's jacket. Lev quietly walked over the man, and quietly whispered something in his ear, he then held out his hand and waited.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Blighter - 02-25-2011

The reply came as swift as her stare was empty.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Vodka."

But the question had already taken its toll, letting her mind wander. Wander back home.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Sorry, comrade Colonel. I'm thinking about where this is going. Barely two days and now I'm sitting in a bar on this Freeport, far away from 52, far away from everything I know and I'm trying to tell myself to get drunk, as if it could wash away all the things I've seen and heard today, because I don't like the things going through my head. The things you've said."

She finished her cigarette, wasting no time and downing another glass before lighting a new one. The smoke felt good, that beloved neurotoxin Nicotine calming her.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"I don't even know what the hell you meant with "nerve-stapled". I've come back so recently, I've seen faces I'd never heard of before, and you tell me that my, my comrades will try to kill me, under orders by a man I've not heard of 'til yesterday, a man I don't know."

The cigarette didn't last long. She put it off in the ashtray, downed the next glass, and then looked her comrade in the eye.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"There has to be another way. I don't care if it's about power or anything else in this universe, but there has to be another way. This shouldn't be happening, and we shouldn't be sitting here, marked as traitors, waiting for the day where we march back to 52, our weapons aimed at our brothers and sisters. There has to be a way we can bring this to an end without harming our own. Or at least without harming those who can't even speak for themselves, those who might not even know what happened."

Her gaze was filled with a hint of desperation, those eyes of hers pleading Rhade to tell her she was right, to tell her there was a different way to the one she had seen coming in her mind for the last hours. But before he could answer, Alissa's stare was interrupted as a waitress approached their table in this dark corner. She eyed the girl for a moment as the latter spoke with an innocent smile.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FFFFFF]"One round on the house?"

Alissa's eyes wandered back to Rhade. Whatever he would say might decide way more than just whether Lieutenant Kalinin would decline the girl's offer or not.

Chambers sheepishly unstrapped the heavy riot gloves from his hands, then the cells powering them from his chest, then the dampeners grounding him from his elbows. With as innocent a shrug as he could manage he handed his backup weapon to Lev. Best possible time for it too.

But yeah, ah, just a traveler. Traveling.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Silver - 02-25-2011

Treading with a lithe silent step, Silver arrived at the Bear's Cave entrance with a small bag in her hand.
The security was nagging her once again to surrender the firearms and especially 'Nani'. While she listened to the security officer spouting for the tenth thousand time the whole security regulations of the Freeport, her eyes scanned the bar, and noticed that the eyes in the room were looking at the same thing at that moment.

She shrugged and continued to look, where she found Daniel, chewing something, right at the bar counter.
She looked at the security officer in exasperation, and gave him her three guns.

"Here here and.... *ngggh* here. Happy? Cool."

She grabbed the small bag and grinned while keeping's Nani's remote detonator in her hand. The wedding ring of her late husband.

The contents of the bag jingled, as happy to finally arrived at her destination, and Silver shouted from the entrance of the bar:

"Ey, Copper!"

He had just dropped the gloves into the hands of the bloody bartender when the world suddenly came to a screeching halt.

He looked up and saw Silver. She looked pleased. She was waving. She either had no idea what she had just done or he was well late with the payroll. Either way what popped out of his mouth seemed entirely appropriate.

Well ****.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Silver - 02-25-2011

She quickled walked to his side and placed the bag at Daniel's side. She noticed the other man at his side and grinned.

"Hey there."

She turned and sat right next to him and while opening the bag she said to Daniel's.

"You know, 'Well ****.' isn't the normal greeting. But then again, maybe this will brighten up your day. Picked them up at Freeport 4."

She showed off a pair of bottles of Old Bretonian single malt. 680 A.S.
Daniel's eyes were still looking at her, not even noticing the bottles, like he was preparing something.

"What?"