Discovery Gaming Community
The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon) (/showthread.php?tid=50472)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Tabris - 02-25-2011

With a rather strange smirk he handed it over.

"Fine, however even without it I'm hardly defenseless, by the way, grab me like that again, you'll be missing a limb, I do not like being touched and my tolerance for it is surprisingly lacking...Do not do it again." He said in a seemingly 'friendly' tone. drawing his pistol and handing it to the man, pushing it into his hands. Ben still was hardly unarmed, not by a long shot.

Not that the man needed to know about them as he carried on, casting a 'friendly' smile to the man before joining his comrades, his mask still secured on his face. If he started to see effects from the weed he would have to 'explain' to the bartender that he did not tolerate attempts to get his people high. Even if they were off duty.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dancing Bears - 02-25-2011

Lev noticed another one walk in with weapons. He thought it must be time to get the weapons scanners serviced. Looks like it was time for harsher measures.

He walked over to a panel on the bar and hit a button.

The ceiling began to glow and suddenly several weapons flew up to the ceiling.

Lev got up on the bar and yelled...
"Those guns will be waiting for you in the lockers outside. Your weapons are not welcome here."
With that, he got off the bar and looked up at the vent, watching the smoke flow down.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Blighter - 02-25-2011

She gave a polite nod to each of her comrades as they all approached the table, taking a seat here and there. The stench of weed didn't go unnoticed, but she didn't mind. It might be against the doctrine, but she understood that whoever had caused it did so because he didn't wish for any trouble to arise. Downing another glass, she smirked a little at Warner's reaction and kept on smoking.

And drinking. Drinking was good. And this Vodka was of the better quality.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Hm?"

The sudden glow emanating from the ceiling came as a surprise. What was more surprising was the effect it had. While it wasn't the thing she couldn't put her finger on earlier, she did get an idea as she watched comrade Holmes' weapons get dragged up.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Maybe we could try that."

She looked at comrade Rhade again, wondering.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Silver - 02-25-2011

"Eh."

Silver chuckled as a bucket load of guns went flying to the roof.

"Well, there goes the neighbourhood."

With a final sip, she closed the bottle and grabbed two clean glasses.

"Let's grab our stuff and get the hell of dodge? Ain't looking good. Since.. Err. SCRA doesn't follow rules, or such. But hey. Neither do we."

She winked and packed the cards.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dusty Lens - 02-25-2011

The line of tumblers were exhausted. Something about the station's gravity seemed to be off. The room was defying his insistance that he was remaining still and that it should follow his good example. The atmosphere had gone to pot, if you could pardon the expression.

Gheis, I think we're going to bail. Not our kind of company. I'll see you 'round the bend. Sorry we got cut off there.

He gestured to Silver.

Yeah, let's do that thing where we're somewhere else. I've got a class in the morning.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - fencore - 02-25-2011

Gheis figured it was time to mosey back to the office to finish up some paperwork for the night. And by finish up paperwork, he meant sexual harassment of his secretary. And maybe the gal in PR. That sounded leagues better than the current state of affairs.

"Looks like it may have been a false alarm on the Evac code, Vic. Your call on letting 'em go, but I'm heading out for the night. Looks like Lev's got things covered, strangely enough.

Maybe sometime soon, Copper. Maybe not. Hell if I know. Thanks for the booze."

With a nod to the gang, he scooped up his jacket and shuffled on out the door.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Blighter - 02-25-2011

Slowly the stench started to become a little too much. Just a little. With another glass of Vodka down and the bottle empty by now she lit one more cigarette and stood up.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Comrades."

With a nod at them all and certain look towards Rhade, she strode off towards the counter. Eying the man called "Copper" out of the corner of her eye, she spoke to the barkeep while handing him a little credit card. More than enough to cover for her and her comrades' expenses.

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#FF9944]"Bring my friends what you brought me."

As the barkeep turned to get more bottles of that fine Vodka, she took a napkin from the counter and pulled out a ball pen out of her flight-suit's pocket. She wrote something down on it and then slid said napkin over to that "Copper" fellow. It read:

Quote:[font=Comic Sans Ms][color=#000000]Keep your ears open.
P.S.: Your friend's a moron.

Before he could look at it, she was already on her way out of the bar. Something had clicked a moment ago, turning escape velocity into light-speed.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dusty Lens - 02-25-2011

He took the napkin and used it to blow his nose.

Comon Silver, let's roll. Nothing for us here.

He dropped the note on the ground, snatched his pistol at the door and sauntered in a not quite in straight line kinda way out the door.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Silver - 02-25-2011

Silver nodded and walked with Daniel to the door.
While Daniel was buckling up his guns, she was keeping an eye on the room, and grinned.
From the small bag, she removed a small piece of a panel hull.
Same as many others of it's kind, what made this one diferent was the letter SC painted on it.
Daniel looked at it and asked.

"What's that?"

She grinned and went to the bar again and called for one of the waiters.

"Listen darling. 50.000 credits for you to do this small job. See this?"
She placed the piece of hull, hidden, behind the bar.

"You give this in 5 minutes.. to them... " She pointed at the SCRA gathering. "And say: 'A piece of the sun-crisped CPW-Lithuania. The Reavers courtesy. Next time, go to the sun sooner.'"

She chuckled, gave the credits and left the bar.

3 minutes later, a pair of laughs were shared in space.

The Bear's Cave - Freeport 14, Yukon - Dancing Bears - 02-26-2011

Lev walked in the next morning and took stock of the place. That had been one hell of a night. He never thought he would literally have to smoke his place out, but seems those SCRA were looking for a fight. He had already had the service man out for the lockdown scanners at the door. Hopefully there would be no more weapons getting into the place. He also had someone come out and put in cameras outside the bar, Lev had a sneaking suspicion the SCRA had done something to his scanners. Lev did not like those folks. More violenteers. He had seen people like them before, he was sure he would see them again. Hitting the fan power, Lev felt the stale air flow out of the bar, replaced by clean, if not fresh air. Lev reached behind the bar, grabbed his pipe and lit it, waiting for the new day to start.