Discovery Gaming Community
EdgeRadio-Omicron - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: EdgeRadio-Omicron (/showthread.php?tid=51329)

EdgeRadio-Omicron - The Clearinghouse - 12-10-2010

[Image: 52037823.gif]
Gooooooooooood Morning Edge worlders! This here is the very first broadcast from the RS-EdgeRadio, and we hope to follow it up with many more, providing music, entertainment, news, and weather to all you who live out here in the Edge Worlds! I'm your DJ Reconciliation, a Zoner from the Nine,"
"And I'm Domination, Crete-raised Corsair. I can think of no better way than to start this broadcast off than with a classic Sirius song. Please, enjoy, and we wil be back after the break with news and a segment we like to call Corsair or Zoner?"
Song 1
"Good to have you all back. So, here we go with a segment called *prerecorded applause* CORSAIR OR ZONER!"
"Basically how it works is we will be reading off some news articles, and you, the audience, will call in to decide which one is the best or most hilarious or simply weirdest story."
"Right Dom, I'll kick it off with the Zoner story. Ok, so yesterday in Omega 41, a stray Zoner, name unknown, was being pirated by a Corsair. He attempted to flee the Titan, but ran straight into a Legate patrolling the area. In his confusion and panic, he *lost control* and rammed straight into the neutron star, resulting in his death."
"Wait, he lost control? How do you lose control of a spaceship? That's like being forgetting how to pass out on the floor after a pirating raid."
"Well i would guess the Corsairs opened fire on him sometime during this debacle."
"Even still, losing control? Only with a Zoner at the helm."
"All right then Dom, what do you have?"
"Okay, okay. Two days ago a Corsair gunboat stopped a Rheinland trader in Sigma 13. After disabling the ship and shooting off all the weapons, his crew boarded the ship and tortured the crew before ripping their intestines out and slicing their throats open. They then returned to Crete with a full load of silver ore. Isn't that great?"
"What?"
"Isn't that a great story?"
"No. No it isn't. Its disgusting and sick. How is that even funny?"
"They pulled the dudes intestines out!"
"Really? Okay then. I think we should just let the listeners decide this one. Call 799.102.0222.44 on your terminal, and vote! After the next break, we return with some news stories."
Song 2
"Great song, isn't it Dom? Kind of a Edger theme song."
"True that, Recyy. So, you got the news next?"
"Yep. All right, first on the list is the situation in Theta. After Corsairs stepped up their raids, the Omicroners appear to have sunk back to 74, as very few have been seen in Edge space recently. Whether this is a new policy of seperation, a sign they are wearing thin or simply the prelude to another campaign, remains to be seen."
"Man, i have ten credits on they are just so wimpy they won't face REAL warriors."
"Sure Dom. You go with that. Next up, Hunter snubcraft have been seen leaving Delta for somewhere in the Omegas. They refused to comment on their destination, but clearly, something is going on. Let's hope the Order doesn't make a new push into Delta and set off a new round of battles."
"Man, those Hunters are always so secretive. Classified this, and hidden that."
"In opposition to the Corsairs, who tell just about anyone anything. And our final item today, the IMG and Kruger resistance in Omega 7 has put a major dent in the Corsair's raiding activities, but who knows how long they can keep it up before the 'Sairs retaliate."
"Not long, my friend. I have no doubt that soon these miscreants will know the true meaning of Corsair power. Anyways, aren't you going out today to try to get an interview with them?"
"Aye Dom. Speaking of interviews, on our evening show we will have three. One with a Brotherhood member, another with two independent Corsairs, and the last with a scientist working on Nomad technology. We will leave you with one last song, and, don't forget! Tune in to EdgeRadio-Omicron, for those who live life....On the Edge."
Song 3
=END OF BROADCAST=