Discovery Gaming Community
Change of Heart - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Change of Heart (/showthread.php?tid=58248)

Change of Heart - SpaceTime - 04-10-2011

[font=Monotype Corsiva]Misaki Satō has just arrived in Planet Leeds. Her convoy was about to load with Ship Hull Panels but it was delayed because of a recent bombardment in a production facility. So she eventually had to stay in Leeds for 2 days before the transports are loaded and ready to go.

[font=Verdana]" Boring. I hate having convoys to Leeds. It's almost certain your order will be delayed "

[color=#FF6666][font=Monotype Corsiva]Misaki said while she was entering her room in a small hotel hired by Universal Shipping. She was working for this corporation for more than 2 years. Even though when she arrived in Liberty she enjoyed her freedom, she now eventually hates this immoral, materialist society. She wanted to leave but she had nowhere to go. She was locked. Kimura was relaxing in the bed. But she wasn't really tired.

[font=Verdana]" Misaki, let's go out. In 2 days we will hopefully leave this place again "

[color=#FF6666][font=Monotype Corsiva]It was a fact that Leeds was an unpleasant place to live in, much more for Kusarians who grew up in a healthy, clean environment. Furthermore, because of the ongoing war, most visitors who had Kusarian origins, like Misaki & Kimura, were avoiding normal bars to spend their free time because Bretonians could attack them. So they had no choice but to visit underground places where their precense was tolerable.

[font=Verdana]" Sure. I want to go out as well. I'll ask Taker-san where we could go "

[Image: leedsundergroundbari.png]

[color=#FF6666][font=Monotype Corsiva]They prepared themselves and after an extensive search they finally found the bar, that Taker-san told them to go. It surely was a place where smuggling and secret/illegal agreements take place. They never used to visit such places, but both of them were willing to find something new. They found some available seats in the corner and both of them ordered virgin martinis. Misaki easily adapted in the environement, while Kimura was still feeling a little weird.

Change of Heart - sadtranslation - 04-15-2011

The place was literally filled, filled with people crowding around the counter; filled with sounds of music, voices, steps, sounds of clothes rubbing one towards each other; filled with smells of laundry, fragrance and smoke of tobacco with a touch of marijuana and a faint note of cardamine; and in the middle of it, or, to be precise, at the table number seventeen, Misaki and Kimura were having their drinks and observing the general pandemonium.

Some of passersby ignored their appearance, some of them looked with disapprobation, some smiled, when noticed the origin of visitors. An on a side note, if the martini was dry, it would fit the situation so much better.

Change of Heart - SpaceTime - 04-20-2011

[color=#FF6666]Both Misaki and Kimura noticed that their precense didn't go unnoticed. They soon ordered another virgin drink and then 2 men approached them. They were wearing expensive clothes even though it was obvious that they belonged in the lower Bretonian classes. Their accent was heavy and bearly understood by the 2 young Kusarian girls.

[font=Verdana]<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%][color=#FF9900]" Hello girls, my name is Thomas Walpole, I run some.. companies here. What's your name my fine ladies? "

Thomas unconsciously licked his lips while trying to finish his question. The other man didn't introduce himself and was watching in some distance.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Hello sir, my name is Misaki and this is Kimura. Glad to meet you. Oh please.. take a seat "

The other man helped Thomas to sit in a comfortable chair. While helping him, Misaki noticed the gun inside his jacket. " He must be a guard " she whispered to Kimura.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Thank you. These cursed Kusarians bombard our planet in a daily basis. I want to crash each and every head of them ! Anyway, for whom you are working for my ladies? I hope not for them.. "

The unknown man was blinking. His boss was saying the same thing to all Kusarian unprotected visitors. He was bored because he knew what would happen. Kimura sensed the danger as well. She was holding a dagger inside her pocket.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Don't worry Mr Walpole. We are working for Universal Shipping. I can assure you that I hate the dark Emperor much more than you ! "

Misaki's eyes were full of determination and passion. Thomas was feeling pure fear for a moment. He didn't expect such reaction from this small girl.

Change of Heart - SpaceTime - 05-03-2011

[color=#FF9900]" Oh I see.. However I would like to ask you to come with me. This place is dangerous.. for your own protection.. "

[color=#FF6666]The guard approached the 2 girls and he opened a little his jacket in order to show his gun.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Walpole-san we are here to have fun. Please leave us alone "

[color=#FF6666]A young man standing nearby was watching carefully the whole situation and he loudly said to the 2 girls.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Veritas vos liberabit ! "
[color=#999999]= (Who dares wins)

[color=#FF6666]Misaki turned with a profound interest. He was a good looking university student. His eyes were filled with hope that the 2 girls would know latin. Both of them still remembered some from their high level education back when they were living with their families in Planet Kyushu.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Dulce bellum inexpertis "
[color=#999999]= (War is sweet to those who have never fought)

[color=#FF6666]Thomas Walpole has completely lost the situation. He tried to say something but he stopped. The young man approached with a big smile. He knew there was something different with these two Kusarians.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Corpora lente augescent cito extinguuntur "
[color=#999999]= (Bodies grow slowly and die quickly) [color=#FF6666]The young man said and started applauding

[font=Monotype Corsiva][color=#FF6666]Walpole was about to burst and Kimura felt threatened. She didn't like all that latin. " We better leave Misaki " she whispered to her.

[Image: leedsundergroundbarii.png]

Moments later they bowed and they were hastily moving to the exit. Thomas signaled his guard and another in distance and they started following them.

[font=Monotype Corsiva][color=#FF6666]The underground street was quiet and the lights were fading. A guard drew his gun while the other was still approaching the girls.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" I am talking to you ! "
[color=#FFCCCC]the guard with the gun shouted

[font=Monotype Corsiva][color=#FF6666]A second later Kimura turned around and in a blink of light she threw her dagger. The guard fell down trying instinctively to take the dagger out of his throat. The other watching that, he activated his energy club and attacked Misaki. Some seconds later he was in the ground without his senses.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" You are going to pay for that ! "
[color=#FFCCCC]Walpole said while aiming

[font=Monotype Corsiva][color=#FF6666]However he didn't make it. The student first touched him with a small stick which later the girls learned it was a strong paralyzing poison.

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" Are you alright my ladies? "

[color=#FF9900]" Hai. We are okay. Thank you " [color=#FFCCCC]Misaki said with a cold smile

[font=Verdana][color=#FF9900]" You better leave this place. Please come with me ! "

[color=#FF9900]" Alright.. I hope our evening gets better. May I have your name? " [font=Monotype Corsiva][color=#FFCCCC]Kimura said with an equally cold smile