Discovery Gaming Community
Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... (/showthread.php?tid=6010)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - Geisha_Maiko - 02-05-2008

Greetings *bows slightly*

I was traveling on a trade route, in my Advance train, hauling the typical cargo of Ni from Kyushu to New Berlin.

When a pirate jumps out and wants a donation.....Nothing too new here.

He wants 2M or so.

I just paided another guy off in another system,.....so I try to bargin him down a bit in price.

""Well, your Level 80 and your rich.....stop whining about it ''

Whoa there.......Level 80?

First, that is OOC knowledge being used in RP.

Levels are done by what kind of ship you have, amount of money you have and some other game things.

In my personal option, Levels of players should not be used (with the excepting of the level 30 and below- attacking rule) in Role play.

As for being rich........I don't know too much about real truck drivers. To me, there seems to be 2 kinds : Worker and Owner-Operators

A worker works for a big company.....Like UPS. USP owns the truck the driver drives, pays him a salary/paycheck, provides fuel for the truck, provides repairs for the truck.

A Owner-Operator owns his own truck and pays for everything...the fuel, insurance, repairs.
If there is any money left over...thats his 'paycheck. Most owner-operators are barely getting by and making end meet.

.....I don't have money to burn.......If i am paying every pirate , in each and every Jump Hole 2M each.....then it's simple math....my Cargo costs about 800k.....sells for 7M or so....

More than 5 greedy pirates per run....I just lost money and then it just cheaper to get blown up, and pay 800k for new cargo.....which I would think, will just make cruddy Role Play in the end.

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - Etaphreven - 02-05-2008

The 2 million tax has become a sort of annoying habit.
Ain't no roleplay there... They just want the 2 millions.
Nonetheless, I agree with you.

-Mike

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - globalplayer-svk - 02-05-2008

fair is when the pirate tax you,he protect you in the system where you was taxed or also in the nearest system. you pay him for safe passage. so for me has no point when you jump in system and corsair tax you and on the other side of system outcast tax you.

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - DBoy1612 - 02-05-2008

I agree with you here. Let mew guess, the pilot was a UoG? Ya, they were doing that a lot today. "Tannix, you're level 90. I want 4 million credits because it's nothing to you." Ya, 4 mil for 700k cargo? Not happening.

Try to keep it in RP guys, not worth doing it if you don't.

-DBoy

No......It wasn't him...but i don't want to name the name.

A girl has to have 'some secrets'. *smiles*

Besides, it is not my intention to start another flame-thread.

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - tfmachad - 02-05-2008

Yes, I know what you mean. It is a bit disturbing to have that sort of meta-gaming mixed up with RP. Unfortunately, there's no stopping it, the information is there and people WILL use it against you. My advice to you is, try to work it out in game, in RP. I'd say,

"Hey, man. Just because your Hacker friend tapped into my account balance doesn't mean I have that much on me, does it? Also, you pirates have no idea how hard it is to make a profit working legit. You guys don't have to mind government taxes, import fees, insurance... I mean, give me a break, man. The other guy has just taxed me not two lanes ago. You're really hurting me here. Have some sort of organization, or at least get rid of the competition. If this keeps up, then I might as well just quit. Then no more fat taxes for you, my man. Now, here... This is much more reasonable for the kind of protection you`re selling..."

What I mean is. Exercise your ability to bring back to RP the impossible situations like that. Just tell the guy, "Level? What do you mean level?" There's no RP excuse for him to mention it in game. There's no RP argument for him to know that information, let alone use it. So, bust the guy. Hit the SS button if you really need to, but don't fall into his game. Make your game around him.

Apart from that, what can I say. Make a bank, perhaps. I don't know. There used to be a bank around here. What happened to CCC?:(

I think my line was:

Oh, come on...I got 2 growing robots to feed.

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - Leo - 02-05-2008

"Yeah, I got your tax right here..."

Two seconds later

<Player> was killed by Leo (Gun)

Taxing IMHO is a waste of time. All it is so they can make money fast with out having to do anything but sit around being lazy. In all reality, here is what a tax is for if you do it. This happened to me a while back, some guy asks for tax, a mil, I've got an Adv. Train at like level 85 or something so what the hell is a million right? I give him the cash and then a pirate comes out of no where and starts attacking me, claiming he wants my cargo. The guy I just taxed says "not my problem" and flies away.

A tax is given for protection, not some lazy piece of s*** who doesn't want to do crap to get money except be lazy.

[/rant]

""A tax is given for protection, not some lazy piece of s*** who doesn't want to do crap to get money except be lazy.""

I agree with that.

If this was played like a Mob-war, where Mob families 'owned' the turf that your travel through.......then once you paid the 'family', it up to them to protect you from gang-land muggings.

Also, 'the Mob' families would do everything in it's power to keep other gangs from muscling in thier turf.

I started to keep track of whom I paided off........so when another group wants 'protection' from the same space area i just paid off...I tell them : "" I just paid PLAYER X off......he has granted me premission for the next X hours .......... If he/she truely doesn't respresent this terroritary, then you need to go beat the 2Mil I just paid to him...This is a turf problem, not mine. ""

Thus, setting the stage for some very instresting action.....will Pirate Group A go after Pirate B??
Will said pirate group form a union ??
Will Geisha_Maiko get jacked for more money.....or will she finnaly had enough of this politic and self-destruct her cargo of Ni, killing everyone within 14K raduis??? ( Ok...ok.....self destruct of explosive of Ni may not be a 'rule'....but it could be some RP fun ))
......stay tune folk for another exciting show of :

As the Galaxy Turns.

Well, Your Level 80 and rich......... - Asymptotic - 02-05-2008

Unfortunately, some pirates tax just for the money and give us all a bad name. I always roleplay when doing it, and it's more than just for the money. I protect traders from Wild, etc. (even those fat Rheinlanders) after they pay me;)