Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - ProwlerPC - 08-06-2012

Depends on the company type chosen, then from there it requires a minimum to maximum number of tiers participating up to a max of 15 players.

World of Tanks - Strobel - 08-06-2012

' Wrote:Wait, how many would it take to make a Company? I've never been in one, maybe we can make an EU Disco tank Company?
Sounds like an interesting idea to me. We should try it one time.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-06-2012

Well on EU server i have a T14 and Church as my top tier tanks. I seldom play it, as everytime i do the moron count chases me away.
1 thing the EU server has going for it though, is that gold for some reason is cheaper. I purchase once a month the 3500 gold package that is $14.95 on NA. I got same on EU earlier, and it cost me only $12.69. Maybe Canadian dollor is worth more in Europe then USA who know's.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-07-2012

Another game of KV5 wins the match by NOT listening to the noob squad. Read a few who try to tell me how to play the map, and then look at who wins the match and how. All a matter of know your tank, and where to use it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?f4l429lxj44fdqi
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/ry.../shot_005-1.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/ry.../shot_006-1.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/ry...12/shot_007.jpg

I do take it back what i said of EU server. NA server today is also full of fools. EU is just a little worse lol.

Frack it. I give up today. Both servers are full of retards right now. Dam long weekends bring out all the fools.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-07-2012

Wow. 1 day, and about 20 games today on EU server dropped my record from 44% to 42% win rate. T14 most useless Gold tank for damage and such, and yet 3 games in a row i get 3 kills, and team still loses horribly.
All i got to say is how do you guys play on EU all the time? It is like attacking a RM turtle with Wraith back up, while you are in a Lib Dread with starflee back up.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:Wow. 1 day, and about 20 games today on EU server dropped my record from 44% to 42% win rate. T14 most useless Gold tank for damage and such, and yet 3 games in a row i get 3 kills, and team still loses horribly.
All i got to say is how do you guys play on EU all the time? It is like attacking a RM turtle with Wraith back up, while you are in a Lib Dread with starflee back up.
By following this doctrine:

[Image: 220px-Scan-of-original-poster-1939-300px.jpg]

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 08-07-2012

Bought the Slugger in the sale. Starting out with top engine, top gun, camo net and 80% crew makes things so much easier.

World of Tanks - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:Wow. 1 day, and about 20 games today on EU server dropped my record from 44% to 42% win rate. T14 most useless Gold tank for damage and such, and yet 3 games in a row i get 3 kills, and team still loses horribly.

it means you are not good enough:

[Image: worldoftanks20111024214.th.png] [Image: worldoftanks20111102024.th.png]

The first one was the most epic match I had in WoT. Had an awsome teammate left with T-44.

Oh and some funny stuff:

[Image: worldoftanks20110928233.th.png] [Image: worldoftanks20110923234.th.png] [Image: worldoftanks20111021213.th.png]

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-07-2012

:nyam:It appears someone has made my version of heaven on the World of Tanks forums.

Link to post in EU forums WOT
Boo_the_hamster Wrote:Greetings chaffee drivers. Recently after some tedious heavy-based company action on RU cluster we had a crazy idea-creating a chaffee company for sh** and giggles.
This would certainly entertain everybody-getting into a swarm of light vehicles against such heavy opposition seemed to be counterproductive, but we decided to try and see what would happen. My friend Wlame was the commander, and i co-ordinated chaffee pack.

Our set-up was:
Light group
6xChaffee
1xT-50-2
Medium group
Panther2,T-44,Pershing
T28prot AT SPG
4x Arty
2xGWPanter, Lor155, SU-8
Total 15 tanks and 90 points

This company was surprisingly effective on test run, scoring us 7 wins and 1 lose, which came from wrong tactics and general inactivity. Fun fact, when opponents see this crazy opposition, most of them seem to don't have any clue on how to fight against it. With cleverly used mobility and great firepower, chaffee pack could wreak havoc on unsuspecting heavies. The trick was in having a mobile meatshield-t8 meds and temporary plug, an AT SPG. Though german ATs would be better for the role, t28prot worked well enough. With T50's recon we could adapt to our enemies and hit them where it hurts. Arty was chosen on account that they will have to keep pace with us, by the way, any t5 arty will do, last player only had su-8, so we took su-8. I must add though, that this setup requires well coordination and cooperation-you'll have to get great scout driver, good chaffee pack coordinator and arty drivers as well as skilled commander.

Here i'll present links to my replays and short battle analysis
Quote:Tip: Host site is russian wot replay storage site. To DL a replay, click a first green 'Скачать' button under a map and de​sc​ri​ption Also, google translate provides satisfatory adaptation.
First-Crimea. Enemies were shunned by our setup and let us to destroy their light forces while heavies were hiding in the base. They were torn one by one
Second-Redshire. After spotting our opponents' heavy rush we flanked them, got into their base, raped arty with a pair of defenders, while they tried to dislodge our AT from its hilltop position.
Third-Mannerheim, enemies stretched too thin and were destroyed one by one. Nothing special
Fourth-Komarin, we lacked initiative and let enemy arty get our stuff while picking our collective noses. Fail.
Fifth-Erlenberg, assault, defence-enemies spread out better than those on mannerhem, we had some trouble dealing with their heavy rush, so we flanked and got their light and arty support first, then returned to defend base on last seconds. Our commander is picky when he chooses men for his platoons, and for good reasons.
Sixth-Prokhorovka, assault, defence-quick scouting revealed enemy rush for farther crossing, our arty was able to damage them heavily. After discovering that they left their AMXes unattende by heavies, we got them in big rush and got into field, which resulted in dead arty and let us to pick their heavies from safe positions.
Seventh-Murovanka, a straightforward massacre. Enemies lacked in scout, arty and tactics departments, so they just bunched up in a corner and were torn into pieces.
Eighth-Airfield. At last, enemies with win ratio 55%+. They attempted all-out center rush, supported with AMXes. We gently let heavies pass, pinned down their AMX support and focus-fired on surrounded IS-3s. Heavies haven't even fired a single shot.

A mainly M24 Chaffee company with heavy support? SIGN ME THE HELL UP!!

World of Tanks - lw'nafh - 08-07-2012

Are Russian tanks still horrifically OP?