Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-07-2012

Nothing is OP if you track it and arty it.

T-50-2 is horrendously unrealistic and WG have actually acknowledged it, and will be removing it from the store.

Again, NOTHING IS OP. Its called 'imbalance', it forced us to work together to create a strategy to take down the 'OP' bugger.

Why else did they remove the Type 59? Because we learned how to deal with the frisby of Hong Kong.

Why did they remove the KV-5 Battleship? We learned to actually flank it and send in heavy tanks to frontally distract it due to its mediocre gun but amazing frontal armour.

Nothing is OP, people just love to play solo.

World of Tanks - lw'nafh - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:Nothing is OP if you track it and arty it.

T-50-2 is horrendously unrealistic and WG have actually acknowledged it, and will be removing it from the store.

Again, NOTHING IS OP. Its called 'imbalance', it forced us to work together to create a strategy to take down the 'OP' bugger.

Why else did they remove the Type 59? Because we learned how to deal with the frisby of Hong Kong.

Why did they remove the KV-5 Battleship? We learned to actually flank it and send in heavy tanks to frontally distract it due to its mediocre gun but amazing frontal armour.

Nothing is OP, people just love to play solo.
Tell that to my IS4 soloing 3 Tigers and winning back in the day. zzz.

World of Tanks - ... kur nubėgo? - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:Are Russian tanks still horrifically OP?

Nope. They never were horrifically op in the first place.

World of Tanks - Strichev - 08-07-2012

Yes, Soviet tanks are insanely OP. I can just drive through a hale storm of shells and get out without a scratch in my T-44. Tiger IIs, Jagpanzers with 17 cm guns, all that is just UP. Wargaming is willing to sacrifice vast portions of their income just to make the tanks that were made by inferior races look better. We all know that even the MS-1 is OP. If you play Soviet tanks you switch to "ultra easy instant win mode". It takes absolutely no skill to win. If you do 1000 damage in your Tiger you would certainly deal 4000 damage in a Russian tank. Not to mention that armour on all tanks except Soviet ones is useless. So, if you are a hardcore, skilled player (just like all those who heroically wage a losing battle of words against the abominations with a red star) go and play UP American and German tanks. And as soon as you die to a green tank with a red star painted on it make sure to go and whine and cry and rage and quit. For you see, you had no chance despite the fact that you opponent had no skill and was probably 7 years old.

World of Tanks - ... kur nubėgo? - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:Not to mention that armour on all tanks except Soviet ones is useless. .

Just lol. Soviet tanks are nub friendly, that is all.

Heh, atleast they were. I haven't played since last year november.

World of Tanks - Valinor - 08-07-2012

All the topics of people claiming russian tanks are OP makes me laugh, and cry at the same time.

Sokol, i think you are pretty much the type of player i dislike and am also ashamed of a little. I mean, not only the Op thing, even conspiracy on WG.
And your statement about lack of armor for every tank that isn't nonsense? Do you play the game at all, sir?

Killa-Kanga, you expected a tier 9 to lose against 3 tier 7? It all comes down to the skill of those players. And the obvious advantage of the tier 9.

I can't wait to see someone here claiming that the T110 is not OP, but it performs so well because it's played by people who were used to the T34/T30 and now are more experienced.

World of Tanks - Strichev - 08-07-2012

Mister Valinor!

It would seem that you have failed to notice a tiny bit of sarcasm in my post. http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/...8-Politkomisar/

As you can see, I do play the game, though, I'm an average player.

World of Tanks - Slartibartfast - 08-07-2012

I'm rofling at how you two failed to see how firmly Sokol's tongue was lodged in his cheek...

EDIT: Also, ~500 battles with MS-1? Respect, man.

World of Tanks - Valinor - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:Mister Valinor!

It would seem that you have failed to notice a tiny bit of sarcasm in my post. http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/...8-Politkomisar/

As you can see, I do play the game, though, I'm an average player.

The sad part is that there is people that thinks that way.

And average player, hey, at least you have a nice enough win ratio. And hopefully a brain too, and can also speak english.

I don't think the Eu population is worse than the american or russian one. I am however sure that the only difference is that we have people from east europe using it to find friends, the love of their life or just keep speaking their language. Oh, and also german fanboys that keeps thinking in a "Tiger vs sherman" way, and expect it to win. Germans have lovely tanks, same for french, russians and american ones.

Here is mine

http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/...2268-Pastaiolo/

And, i still want sheeeeps more than planes.:(WG, Gief sheeps!

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-07-2012

' Wrote:it means you are not good enough:

And yet on NA server I am rated among the top players. Hell i am among top players on EU server stat wise, i just cannot win a game with useless team mates that think TDs and arty are for scouting, and french lights for defending and sniping. Just last night i had 4 Marders run across open ground ahead of all the heavies claiming they see farther so will scout for team. You guessed it, they all died within first minute of game.
I am not saying all of EU sucks, but if you took the average team in EU against average in NA with same tanks EU would be ganked/rolled over, and laughed at.
Now saying that it is funny as hell to watch watch 5 LEEs run across infront of my T14 and all die 1 after the other not getting that 5 on 1 they would have raped me, but 1 at a time they just suck.