Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-13-2012

' Wrote:There's lots of bounces, pens w/o damage and stuff happening lately on the servers. Yet it seems to be that weird since WG brought the 7.5 live.
Well, sometimes I gotta love it though... Never seen Tiger II shells bouncing of my M5 before. :lol:
Wow, that really is a way to play the Frisbee. :yes:
Pens with no damage are critical hits, they removed the voice over for it.

World of Tanks - Strobel - 08-13-2012

' Wrote:Pens with no damage are critical hits, they removed the voice over for it.
You gotta love WG for such things.:angry:

' Wrote:You gotta love WG for such things.:angry:
Yeah, that's why they introduced a perk that shows you what you damage instead of "critical hit!". Its a pain, but its useful to tell your team that you took out the loader/engine/ammo rack off a big bad heavy in a light tank or TD.

' Wrote:Yeah, that's why they introduced a perk that shows you what you damage instead of "critical hit!". Its a pain, but its useful to tell your team that you took out the loader/engine/ammo rack off a big bad heavy in a light tank or TD.
Well, looks like I found a new perk for my Pershing-Crew then if they ever finish training brothers in arms....

Don't use it unless you're going to mic chat with your team, typing it out in a light tank while brawling isn't a smart move, trust me.

Pershing, Fletcher. The tank you're dreaming of and yet already is in my possession.;)

Regarding that perk on a light tank, well... The gun on my M5 can't penetrate anything above Tier 5 so I'd probably wait for the Chaffee to come.:D

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-13-2012

' Wrote:There's lots of bounces, pens w/o damage and stuff happening lately on the servers. Yet it seems to be that weird since WG brought the 7.5 live.
Well, sometimes I gotta love it though... Never seen Tiger II shells bouncing of my M5 before. :lol:
Wow, that really is a way to play the Frisbee. :yes:

M5 with the mini DERP HE can take out alot of mods/crew. The crew perk will show them gone. I got it on my LOWE, and it is a little hard to use. Need to hold it over target for like a full second, in which they can actually shoot you if they are looking your way.

I unlike some people find the frizbbee to be alot better then the AMX12T was. Also the idiots that just run in and die are fools. Like Fletcher does in his Chaffee, the frizbee is great for picking off stragglers and arty. If that thing had a turret it would be OP though. Also Spal liner is a must have. A near miss with HE without it will take out your tracks. My fav way to stop Lights. Just fire infront with HE, and POOF! they stop dead lol.

As for the Pershing. I got a fully fitted Pershing, but i must be spoiled by my Type-59/Panther-II/E-50 because i still find it a little lacking in speed, and handling.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-14-2012

' Wrote:Pershing, Fletcher. The tank you're dreaming of and yet already is in my possession.;)

Regarding that perk on a light tank, well... The gun on my M5 can't penetrate anything above Tier 5 so I'd probably wait for the Chaffee to come.:D

I'M GRINDING FOR SILVER GOD DAMNIT! I CAN'T SIT ON THE STREET CORNER FOR MONEY WITH MY BELLY!! SCREW SPAZZY ANS HIS PREMIUMS!

*Ahem*

Yes, I do desire my Pershing... :rolleyes:
' Wrote:M5 with the mini DERP HE can take out alot of mods/crew. The crew perk will show them gone. I got it on my LOWE, and it is a little hard to use. Need to hold it over target for like a full second, in which they can actually shoot you if they are looking your way.

I unlike some people find the frizbbee to be alot better then the AMX12T was. Also the idiots that just run in and die are fools. Like Fletcher does in his Chaffee, the frizbee is great for picking off stragglers and arty. If that thing had a turret it would be OP though. Also Spal liner is a must have. A near miss with HE without it will take out your tracks. My fav way to stop Lights. Just fire infront with HE, and POOF! they stop dead lol.

As for the Pershing. I got a fully fitted Pershing, but i must be spoiled by my Type-59/Panther-II/E-50 because i still find it a little lacking in speed, and handling.
Main problem with M5 is lack of actual agility, it was a truly painful grind, but when it does work out for you the M5 HE cannon packs a whallop alright. Hmm, it might even be a good anti-ELC with that thing.

World of Tanks - Strobel - 08-14-2012

' Wrote:M5 with the mini DERP HE can take out alot of mods/crew. The crew perk will show them gone. I got it on my LOWE, and it is a little hard to use. Need to hold it over target for like a full second, in which they can actually shoot you if they are looking your way.
Yeah mini derp canon might be nice to take out mods/crew but w/o perk you just see a hit and zero damage and when I'm speeding around with the little fella I don't have time to look at a target for about 1 second.

' Wrote:As for the Pershing. I got a fully fitted Pershing, but i must be spoiled by my Type-59/Panther-II/E-50 because i still find it a little lacking in speed, and handling.
I've never had any problems with the M26 and I've been in some platoons with the Type and I can outrun them. So I'd say speed isn't lacking here and handling, well. According to the WOT-wiki the Pershing is heavier that the Type and lacks traverse speed. You just need to get used to this and there's no problem at all.

Oh and because it's an US tank it also got my favorite extra: deep gun depression.:yahoo:

' Wrote:I'M GRINDING FOR SILVER GOD DAMNIT! I CAN'T SIT ON THE STREET CORNER FOR MONEY WITH MY BELLY!! SCREW SPAZZY ANS HIS PREMIUMS!

*Ahem*

Yes, I do desire my Pershing... :rolleyes:
Yes, I know it's hard to wait for the Pershing if you don't have prem tanks... But hey, I made it w/o them too.;)
So when you're done grinding I'll be right next to you, looking on your beautiful M26 and tell you how much you deserve it, that sounds good to you?

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-14-2012

Maybe the Pershing is better then Type-59. May be that my crew in 59 has 2 skills each. 100% camo all 4, and Brothers in arms is at 98% all 4,then on to 3rd skill. Has Vents/Rammer/Stabilizer, and i use fuel as consumable. Whereas my Pershing still working on first crew skill all between 92%-99%.Has vent/stabilizer/gun laying. It is slower though. Top speed is 48 Pershing, and 56KPH Type. Maybe those you beat had bad crews? The Gun Depresion on US tanks is awesome though. So easy to peak over hills and snipe.