Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 09-10-2012

' Wrote:Why no blueprint only german 1950s tanks?

Germans were kinda banned from tank design for a while. Germany also got split in two for a while, further reducing technological advancement

' Wrote:Did Su players get any "unfair" compensation that Pz players are not?

A whopping 15k free xp (that's a lot when you don't buy gold).

' Wrote:Oh and, never had trouble penetrating a damn thing with my puny 128. Not the best gun there, yes. But it doesn't lack. I'd actually prefer seeing the other guns toned down a bit, but I fear it won't happen.

Say it's you hull down in your E-100/E-75/Maus vs a hull down IS-4/IS-8/IS-7. You're never gonna pen the IS-7, you'll be lucky if you get the IS-4 and have a reasonable chance of penning the IS-8. Meanwhile, they comfortably pen your turret if you're in an E-100 or E-75. If you're in a Maus and managed to get hull down, you deserve them not penning you (but they probably will).

If you try and move up, they've got the speed to get away.

' Wrote:Might be personal opinion, but: the T29 rocks tier 7. By far the best tank at the tier. Tiger P is a close second and the Tiger H is a third. As far as I see it, the IS falls far behind them and it's quite dreadful compared to any of those. The Tiger does anything the IS can, but better. The only advantage the IS has is alpha.

IS can stomp lower tiers and frighten higher tiers with its nasty gun. The Tiger has laughable armour and will be quickly eaten by a pair of tier 6 meds. Tiger may be more useful for supporting bigger tanks, but is gonna take much more damage than an IS would.

' Wrote:1 on 1 is not the best example to give. The KT will eat the IS3 alive due to sheer DPM. Funnily enough, a mere Panther I will eat both of those alive, also due to sheer DPM. There are situations when the IS3 may be better, but overall I find the KT the better of the two. And the T32 better than both. And the VK4502A better than all of those..

Haven't tried too many tier 8s so can't really argue here. I'd quit the game if I got solo'd by a tier 7 med in a tier 8 heavy though.

' Wrote:Funnily, if you look like the global win rates (I can dig a link), the Maus is like second or third, of all tier 10 heavies. Anyway, above the IS7 and IS4, but below the T110. Totally Russian bias:P

Nice stats attract those looking for an easy ride. There's plenty of people with tier 10 tanks while having played less than 4000 battles due to gold advancement.

' Wrote:Again, 1 v 1 it will eat anything. Due to sheer HP pool if not anything else. I do agree that the T110 is generally better. The IS4 perhaps too. But not the IS7, no.

IS-7 is a fantastic tank. Speed, low profile, and very good armour (from the front at least) make it a very adaptable tank. Should it come up against a Maus or E-100, it is likely it can move to a location where it can bounce most of their shots, rather than try to out tank them using HP.

Edit: I'm assuming we're not paying to win.

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 09-10-2012

' Wrote:A whopping 15k free xp (that's a lot when you don't buy gold).

Agreed on that. We'll see if Pz4 owners get anything..did they also have to research the new gun, or was it already researched? I didn't have an Su-85 in garage at the time.

Say it's you hull down in your E-100/E-75/Maus vs a hull down IS-4/IS-8/IS-7. You're never gonna pen the IS-7, you'll be lucky if you get the IS-4 and have a reasonable chance of penning the IS-8. Meanwhile, they comfortably pen your turret if you're in an E-100 or E-75. If you're in a Maus and managed to get hull down, you deserve them not penning you (but they probably will).

Uhm, no. If you angle it, Maus/E100 turret is impenetrable. E75 is pretty much impenetrable to the IS7 even unangled, unless he hits the cupola (he won't). Besides, you don't have to just sit there, ya know? German heavies aren't the fastest, but they can move. You don't have to sit there trading shots. Plus, getting an IS4/IS7/IS8 in hull down is very, very hard, due to no gun depression. Maus/E100/E75 don't have any either, but at least they're tall enough to sit behind obstacles or wrecks.

If you try and move up, they've got the speed to get away.

They're not that fast. It takes the IS7 ages to get the reach 50 (only downhill actually) plus it turns like a whale. If it tries to run, it will die.

IS can stomp lower tiers and frighten higher tiers with its nasty gun. The Tiger has laughable armour and will be quickly eaten by a pair of tier 6 meds. Tiger may be more useful for supporting bigger tanks, but is gonna take much more damage than an IS would.

Actually, the Tiger eats lower tiers better due to DPM and HP pool and it fares better against higher tiers as well, due to penetration. The IS can even struggle against tier 8s, with it's puny 175 penetration. Add to that huge aim time and accuracy and you get the picture. It has better alpha (although I'd take DPM over alpha) and top speed, although it's actually less agile since it cannot pivot turn. Oh and, the IS has no armour to speak of either. It will get holed by everything regardless, especially at higher tiers, hence the Tiger has the advantage again, since it can take more shots.

Haven't tried too many tier 8s so can't really argue here. I'd quit the game if I got solo'd by a tier 7 med in a tier 8 heavy though.

Uhm, don't. And don't play stupidly. The Panther would only win if you just sat there and traded shots. Why would you do that?

IS-7 is a fantastic tank. Speed, low profile, and very good armour (from the front at least) make it a very adaptable tank. Should it come up against a Maus or E-100, it is likely it can move to a location where it can bounce most of their shots, rather than try to out tank them using HP.

Do you own an IS7? Because I have one as my most played tanks and well...you're wrong. There's a reason the T110 is greatly preferred in clan wars or companies, for example. The IS7 is not that speedy. It has high top speed but it never reaches it. Accelerates very slowly and turns even slower (again, no pivot turn). Good armour is debatable. Tier 9 tanks should hole it almost every time, unless you get really unlucky. Tiger can sometimes go through it, Tiger II goes through more often than not (tested in training room). And as I said, agility and gun depression are bad, hence it can't use terrain as well as you say. You'll also notice that it's not that small, just not as tall. Which is also a drawback against German heavies, since they can shoot the top of the turret at close range and penetrate 100% of times. Not saying the IS7 is bad, just not "fantastic".

Edit: I'm assuming we're not paying to win.

Define pay to win. Premium? Not pay to win. Gold ammo? Uncool, but shouldn't make a difference.

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 09-10-2012

Pay to win as in using gold rounds and gold consumables.

Ah, I don't do it either. a. Because I can't really afford wasting that much. b. Even I could, it's too bloody expensive and not worth it.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 09-10-2012

Gold ammo on most tanks is worthless stat wise, but from experience the gold rounds like HEAT do get alot more crits. But for the price still not worth it on most tanks. I do keep a few rounds on most tanks though for when you cannot get a clean shot at a weak spot when using a lower tier tank.

Now claiming the MAUS 1 on 1 will beat IS7 or IS4 or pretty much any of the other Tier 10s? You have never played a MAUS i guess, or against 1. All other 10s can circle faster then it can turn, or turn turret. So 1 on 1 MAUS will lose unless player is dum enough to just pound away head on. 90% of players are not.

As for VK3601H raping tigers? Easy as hell. You can circle them faster then they can turn, or rotate turret. Also front armour is pretty close on both. So the med just go's around avoiding hits, while pounding tigers in side/rear, and even penning its front. I actually may still have a replay of me killing 2 in 1 game. I will need to look for it.

As for no german 50s tanks? There were a few on paper. They were only on paper as you are right in they could not design military hardware. But they did on paper in secret, which at time was unknown, but now is history, and well known. Many of the other nations tanks were just that. Only designs, never built, but yet are ingame now.

' Wrote:Now claiming the MAUS 1 on 1 will beat IS7 or IS4 or pretty much any of the other Tier 10s? You have never played a MAUS i guess, or against 1. All other 10s can circle faster then it can turn, or turn turret. So 1 on 1 MAUS will lose unless player is dum enough to just pound away head on. 90% of players are not.

I've owned all 3 of those, yes. And I do want to see an IS7 circle a Maus. Good joke :/

As for VK3601H raping tigers? Easy as hell. You can circle them faster then they can turn, or rotate turret. Also front armour is pretty close on both. So the med just go's around avoiding hits, while pounding tigers in side/rear, and even penning its front. I actually may still have a replay of me killing 2 in 1 game. I will need to look for it.

If a Tiger looses to any tank up to tier 7 (included) 1v1, he's doing something terribly wrong. I only have an account on EU server right now, but I know you have accounts on both. I don't even own a Tiger now, but I can buy one and we can put it to the test.

As for no german 50s tanks? There were a few on paper. They were only on paper as you are right in they could not design military hardware. But they did on paper in secret, which at time was unknown, but now is history, and well known. Many of the other nations tanks were just that. Only designs, never built, but yet are ingame now.

There were, yes. My point was another. No need to go that far, since there are a ton of previous models. With other nations, there aren't as many.

World of Tanks - Valinor - 09-10-2012

I don't want to waste time again trying to explain to geman fanboys how it isn't really biased, and germans actually have quite some few tanks that are even overperforming (E-75 for sure), but i see Costin did already, so, i agree with him.

I'll just point out that, unless you are actually new to the game, even hulldown tanks are not a problem.

World of Tanks - Hades - 09-10-2012

' Wrote:You are both forgeting. The German tanks/TDs and what not get nerfed all the time, and nothing. They are biased towards German gear. They have since Beta, and probably always will be. You would not believe how many times i seen a post in WoTs forum with proof of this get removed within an hour of posting, whereas US, and Russian posts are allowed to go forth, and usually end up with buffs.
So basically you need to just live with it. I got many German tanks like KT/jagtiger/MAUS/VK4502/VK3601/LOWE and they are all(except 3601) pretty much under powered compared to their US or russian units of same tier/class. Yet i still play them, and still excell at them with 50%+ averages. Hell they even nerfed the LOWEs engine last update, and never even mentioned it to anyone, and that is an expensive tank people paid cash for.
All i got to say is you need to just go with the flow. Just wait til 8.0 and watch the crap load of players complain when they get their US tier 10 TDs nerfed, as that has been verified by WG, and T-50-2 is removed, and replaced with a tank more fitting realism.
People need to read the agreement they check at every up date. WG can basically remove everyone's gear and put us all in loltractors with no warning, including removing prem tanks, and it would be within their rights as we all checked it off.
Okay. Tell me when the last times a German tank was nerfed aside from the PZ4 and transmission change on the E-75 and E-50.

Wait what? What's that? There haven't been any in recent memory, only buffs to the Maus and E-100?

Also they didn't nerf the Lowe's engine, is your tinfoil hat conducting enough electricity?

World of Tanks - Sturmwind - 09-10-2012

German tanks are well balanced and well performing in-game, but don't expect them to reflect their real-life competence, else the name could be renamed to 'World of Panzers', seeing how everyone would be driving them only.

-Honest opinion of a 3rd Reich fanatic.

World of Tanks - Valinor - 09-10-2012

' Wrote:German tanks are well balanced and well performing in-game, but don't expect them to reflect their real-life competence, else the name could be renamed to 'World of Panzers', seeing how everyone would be driving them only.

-Honest opinion of a 3rd Reich fanatic.

Indeed, besides, there are russians tanks that had to be nerfed because their real life peformances were even better. The IS7 for sure.

And the Lowe is damn fine, if you have a problem with it, it's between the pc and the chair. Even tho, premium tanks shoudn't really be compared to the others, since they have to be middle performing for the tier they are in, and the Lowe is really doing that.

The E75 is now quite overpowered for its tier, and yet people keep crying about the is8 and its penetration, when even throwing a rock at it makes big damages. The 128 is also fine, sure it lacks some penetration that is compensated by the higher accuracy. Then it's just a matter of hitting the most known weakspots, on turrets too.