Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

RE: World of Tanks - Hades - 10-05-2012

(10-04-2012, 02:13 PM)Dashiell Wrote: What is considered to be the best setup for a Pershing with regards to mounts and crew skills?

Right now Ive Co2 tanks, gun rammer and toolbox.

skills im upgrading are: repairs, safe stowage, off-road driving, 2x firefighting

(before you ask, the Pershin is a driving powderkeg so I had to try and prevent it from catching fire or exploding after a single hit)

suggestions for changes?
Get a gun rammer, vertical stablizer, and gun laying drive. The vents, as Costin suggested, are not worth it since they actually do so little for the tank that it doesn't noticeably increase its performance other than the perceived increase your brain may fool you with (placebo)

RE: World of Tanks - ryoken - 10-05-2012

If your going to drop a skill for the 20K get second skill to around 30-40% first. That way skill 1 does not go down to 90% It stays near 98-99% sometimes even 100%.
I agree above with mods. Get rammer/vents/stabalizer. Makes shooting at speed so much easier and more accurate.
BIA is ok for a second skill set. I myself prefer recon/situational awareness/dead eye/safe storage/Preventive maintenance
Makes the Pershing and pretty much all meds a great spotter/scout, and Dead eye is great for crits, and sometimes gets double damage hits.

RE: World of Tanks - Valinor - 10-05-2012

(10-05-2012, 01:59 AM)Hades Wrote:
(10-04-2012, 02:13 PM)Dashiell Wrote: What is considered to be the best setup for a Pershing with regards to mounts and crew skills?

Right now Ive Co2 tanks, gun rammer and toolbox.

skills im upgrading are: repairs, safe stowage, off-road driving, 2x firefighting

(before you ask, the Pershin is a driving powderkeg so I had to try and prevent it from catching fire or exploding after a single hit)

suggestions for changes?
Get a gun rammer, vertical stablizer, and gun laying drive. The vents, as Costin suggested, are not worth it since they actually do so little for the tank that it doesn't noticeably increase its performance other than the perceived increase your brain may fool you with (placebo)

Agree, vents are not really worth it.

T28 Prototype 6 kills TG MG Sniper 6374 damage Murovanka Encounter battle NA server - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 10-05-2012

The T28 Prototype just keeps on amazing me, with its great accuracy, durability, and money earning abilities. In this battle I did kill 6 targets, and damage 4 more targets, in total dishing out almost double the amount of damage compared to the second highest score on the team. And managed to travel a great distance as well, in the slow lumbering TD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwexr0UbpdE

As usual, available in 1080p HD for the full gory details.

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka 5. oktober 2012 06:23:51
Vehicle: T28 Prototype
Experience received: 3.486 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 65.397 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 690)
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Master Gunner

RE: World of Tanks - Dashiell - 10-07-2012

I did some searching for info about the T25/2. General consensus: it's a piece of crap. 95% of the folks who talked about it said its a piece of trash.

Me, being Dash, of course ran off to buy one.

and I must say, its pretty decent actually. Nothing fancy but not as terribad as people make it out to be. Its a slower, slightly sturdier Hellcat. allround usefulness is less that the Cat. but still...

Maybe I fare better in UP pieces of ****...

RE: World of Tanks - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-07-2012

Don't know who the guy was - but I was in the McDonalds by my work on Friday for lunch, and there was a guy playing WoT on his laptop. I had to laugh. He had some small, French looking tank.

I was amused - I didn't interrupt him to see what server he was playing on, but I thought you guys would appreciate it...

He's lovin' it...Heart

T110E5 0 kills 75K credits CFD SHRP WGA TC event Erlenberg Encounter battle NA server - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 10-07-2012

Due to Clan Wars being offline on the NA server this weekend, the WG NA staff decided to hold another Tank Company event, this time for Absolute companies, and invite Clan members from different clans to participate on the WG teams. This meant the event had 3 WG NA teams in the Tank Company battle queue, increasing the chance for players to face off against them, and thus win some gold.

Again, due to Clan Wars being offline, a lot of Clans were participating in the Tank Company event, utilizing the skills, strategies, tanks and equipment that they have finetuned and honed over time in the Clan Wars part of the game. This meant we had to be ready to face coordinated and well lead teams, with top tier tanks and utilizing all the facets of the game including multiple crew skills, premium ammo and consumables, as well tested and tried tactics.

Having the reinforcements of the invited player Clan members helped a lot, but even though the WG NA staff don't have the time to play as much, they still can hold their own, as seen in this battle against the INCA clan, from the SgtGrunt led WG NA Tank Company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBRZvzHK_XY

As usual, available in 1080p HD, for the full gory details

Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg 6. oktober 2012 02:46:54
Vehicle: T110E5
Experience received: 1.404
Credits received: 75.735
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Sharpshooter

RE: World of Tanks - Valinor - 10-09-2012

(10-07-2012, 02:41 PM)Dashiell Wrote: I did some searching for info about the T25/2. General consensus: it's a piece of crap. 95% of the folks who talked about it said its a piece of trash.

Me, being Dash, of course ran off to buy one.

and I must say, its pretty decent actually. Nothing fancy but not as terribad as people make it out to be. Its a slower, slightly sturdier Hellcat. allround usefulness is less that the Cat. but still...

Maybe I fare better in UP pieces of ****...

It's more than fine, it's probably just people not able to play it and ending up expecting it to handle like a Hellcat or a T-49. I have the T-25/2 and it's a cool tank to play.

Besides, its gun mantled absorbs shots quite nicely.

VK3601H Golden Joystick Tank 7 kills Siegfried Line Encounter battle SEA server - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 10-09-2012

To celebrate the Golden Joystick nomination and promote voting for World Of Tanks, the SEA server made a special one week long event running from the 8'th to the 14'th october. (EU and NA players, think Courier and Shoot the Sheriff events.)

Players can win 500 gold if they face a Golden Joystick tank on the opposing team and manage to kill it, or win 200 gold if they had the Golden Joystick tank on their team, and it survives the battle.
Ofcourse killing off the Golden Joystick tank will not be easy, since it will be driven by good players, and utilize all means to survive the battle. But that doesn't mean it will be hiding away, on the contrary.

Using tactics like flanking, and getting the team to help in killing of the adversaries and going for a win means the Golden Joystick tank will take the fight to the enemy. And try to kill off as many as possible along the way.

As usual, available in 1080p HD for the full gory details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42aFyEVe2eo

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line 9. oktober 2012 15:33:58
Vehicle: VK 3601 (h)
Experience received: 1.858 (fine for causing damage to allies: 3)
Credits received: 37.693 (fine for causing damage to allies: 900)
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Sharpshooter, Master Gunner

RE: World of Tanks - Dashiell - 10-11-2012

I dunno why people complain about the T25/2. I get WAY better results in it than with the M26 Failshing. Its an epic support TD. it can even brawl a little if it has too, to kill an enemy tank thats on its last legs.

I thought about skipping it with free exp but I may just grind it through a while longer still.