Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 03-16-2013

The way I see it, the clans worth being in have certain requirements, both in tier and skill level.

For starters, I suggest you look around the recruitment section on the forums and look for fun clans that don't have tier requirements (maybe from your own country?).

Alternatively, these guys are a good option. I see the clan is full right now, but they may either make room or I even think they may have a second clan. Give it a shot.

RE: World of Tanks - Johnny Rico - 03-16-2013

761st tank battalion are looking for members we have 2 battalions the main is for the high tier tanks and the 2nd is for lower tier/new players I have been in the clan 7 weeks now and I have a tier 7 tank so if you are intrested give hacksaw065 or tylerbobs a shout on the WOT forums and tell them shaunsimpson sent you Smile

here is some info for you

RE: World of Tanks - Mister_X - 03-16-2013

Will do thank you Big Grin

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 03-16-2013

No offense to anyone, but I strongly advice you not to join that clan. Take a quick look at their playerbase and you'll see they're all quite...well, bad. There's no way to sugar coat it. You don't have much to learn from those guys. And contrary to the popular belief, platoons don't help in such cases. Bad players in platoon will lose even more than solo.

RE: World of Tanks - Valhalla Sr. - 03-17-2013

(03-16-2013, 10:31 PM)VoluptaBox Wrote: No offense to anyone, but I strongly advice you not to join that clan. Take a quick look at their playerbase and you'll see they're all quite...well, bad. There's no way to sugar coat it. You don't have much to learn from those guys. And contrary to the popular belief, platoons don't help in such cases. Bad players in platoon will lose even more than solo.

+1

That's why i get together with some of the stronger players and we play together. From 10 we lost 2 or 3 rounds Big Grin

RE: World of Tanks - blubba - 03-17-2013

E100. Forum says you need to use both standard and premium ammo to be successful. Any of you guys got experience of it and whats your conclusion?
Any pointers would be helpful.

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 03-18-2013

I was having some discussions on the WG forums about it. It's a delicate topic. I used to have a ton of replays, but they're from 8.3. If you have that client version, I can upload them from you.

Now. You do need to shoot a lot of gold ammo with the E100 to be properly successful. Not against every target and not at every range. If you use the 15cm gun (and you should), you're going to have to try as much as possible to fight close range. 235 is not bad, but it's still the lowest penetration at tier 10. Heavily armoured tanks can be a pain to fight frontally. Personally, I shoot a lot of gold ammo with it. Guaranteed penetration, plus, the E100 deals so much damage with each shot you almost always end up having a profit. Even on defeats. With premium account, that is.

All in all, the E100 is a tricky tank to play properly. But I think it's a very good one.

RE: World of Tanks - sindroms - 03-18-2013

Sort of feeling that the Brit TDs are an interesting experiment. They have their armor, true, especially the AT-2 at tier 5, 203mm is just amazing. But the gun REQUIRES you to carry gold with you. With a penetration of 110 (82-137), makes you ill equipped to deal with same tier tanks such as the KV series. Granted, the quick reload allows you to correct mistakes, there is a reason why we lose all ''dps for alpha'' guns during the high tiers. People use cover a lot, so being able to deal as much damage as possible whenever the enemy makes a mistake is vital. Thus the AT-2 does not deliver for now.

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 03-18-2013

I agree. The AT-2 is definitely a great tank. However, I dislike it for the same reasons I disliked the T95. Way, way too slow. As a matter of fact, the Maus is faster. Severely lacks versatility and makes you entirely team dependent. Plus, often even wins leave a sower taste. Gameplay at tier 5 is rather fast, and I often find myself too late at the party: either everyone on my own team is dead and I can't do anything to save the match, or everyone on the enemy team is dead and I get dreadful XP because I did nothing, despite winning the game.

RE: World of Tanks - blubba - 03-18-2013

Heres a good read on the AT-2. Fairly complete if you are interested. It certainly seems an almost unique way of playing it is required.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/222283-100-battle-experiment-with-the-at-2/

Hope this helps.