Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 04-28-2013

Indien Panzer: been playing it for the last few days. And I've been doing fairly well in it. It's a fantastic tank in almost all regards. But I'm very annoyed by the poor aim time. It's the one characteristic I cannot bear in a tank.

Had a lot of good matches in it (I think I'm somewhere around 80% winrate right now), but very few great ones.

Victory!
Map: Cliff
Date: sabato 27 aprile 2013 19:06:16
Vehicle: Indien-Panzer
Exp: 2.359 + Credits: 66.256
Achievements: : Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Here's one I had earlier. Gives you an idea of how it plays. Keep in mind that mine has 100% crew, ventilation, vertical stabilizer, brothers in arms, snap shot and smooth ride at 100%. And the aim time is still damn terrible.

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 04-28-2013

These animation videos are great. All of them. And now I feel a sudden urge to re-see Django Unchained xD

RE: World of Tanks - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 05-05-2013

Its no secret that the VK3601H with the Konish gun was awesome (read: O.P) way back in the early days, when you fired Premium ammo. It was almost a certainty you would get the Bölters medal with it, in a large amount of your battles.Then the gun got nerfed, which meant the 88 soon became the gun of choice for the VK3601.

Now in patch 8.5, the non-premium ammo got a buff, meaning that the Konish once again is the best choice for the VK36.01H dispite the low alpha damage compared to the 88mm.
The high refire rate and penetration value of the Konish, with the added benefit of low ammo cost (106 credits pr shell), makes it hard not to turn a profit with it.

And if you were smart like me, you stocked up on the standard Konish ammo in 8.4, when it only had a price of 53 credits - I bought 10.000 of them, so don't reckon I'll run out this year.

As usual, available in 1080p HD for the full gory details, and includes the complete After Battle Report at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z85x106m4XY

Victory!
Battle: Fisherman's Bay 4. maj 2013 23:11:25 CEST
Vehicle: VK 36.01 (H)
Experience recieved: 5.229 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 37.420

[Image: 518590a2ef092ce459000010.png]

RE: World of Tanks - Fletcher - 05-05-2013

The tier IV British tank destroyer Alecto is a miniature monster. I'm not joking, I've not really won much with this little beast, but that 3.7 inch howitzer is just diabolical against the tanks its rolled with. Hell, I had a terrible roll in a platoon and had to fight KV-1S tanks! Still, sit in the bush, let them pass and hit them right up the chuff.

I can tell you, there is nothing funnier than getting reaper medals really easily with this monster, I've never had so many so fast!

Just don't duel, seriously.

Oh, one shotting a StuG III from near max range in Abbey from full health? Always hilarious to me.

RE: World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 05-06-2013

If someone is thinking of giving the game a try, now is the time. Here you can get a free code for new accounts. Gives you some nice toys.

RE: World of Tanks - SeaFalcon - 05-06-2013

(05-05-2013, 02:14 AM)Fletcher Wrote: The tier IV British tank destroyer Alecto is a miniature monster. I'm not joking, I've not really won much with this little beast, but that 3.7 inch howitzer is just diabolical against the tanks its rolled with. Hell, I had a terrible roll in a platoon and had to fight KV-1S tanks! Still, sit in the bush, let them pass and hit them right up the chuff.

I can tell you, there is nothing funnier than getting reaper medals really easily with this monster, I've never had so many so fast!

Just don't duel, seriously.

Oh, one shotting a StuG III from near max range in Abbey from full health? Always hilarious to me.

From no armour and fast alectro,
to massive armour slow speed and no reaper but steelwall and coolheaded almost every match?
88 ricochets.... Okay. For some reason the AT2 looks and feels harder to kill then the AT8.

RE: World of Tanks - Fletcher - 05-06-2013

I'm pretty sure the AT2 is the 'best' of the AT series due to the tier and sheer frontal armour, the tiers your in, only KV-2 and SPG will reliably damage you. I eat them whole with my French tier IV artillery, the 105 leFH18B2. I'm even being cheeky with that artillery and loading 10 HEAT shells to deal with the KV-1S tanks that demand French justice Tongue

RE: World of Tanks - SeaFalcon - 05-08-2013

(05-06-2013, 03:18 PM)Fletcher Wrote: I'm pretty sure the AT2 is the 'best' of the AT series due to the tier and sheer frontal armour, the tiers your in, only KV-2 and SPG will reliably damage you. I eat them whole with my French tier IV artillery, the 105 leFH18B2. I'm even being cheeky with that artillery and loading 10 HEAT shells to deal with the KV-1S tanks that demand French justice Tongue

its funny though, all UK ATs of the heavy kind have one major weak spot. Just funny People even in scouts dont shoot it, even when it would mean you kill it quick. The view port tower thingie, on top of the TDs of the UK, they love to receive shells.

RE: World of Tanks - Gentlefood - 05-08-2013

Very few tanks bring me the unbridled rage grinding than the Churchill VII. Its the same speed as the british TD of the same tier with less armoring than its parent (church I) and only 5 more damage and penetration on the top gun (better RoF iirc).

But the absurd length combined with the lower power to weight ratio engine and pathetic armoring makes this 'lumbering giant' one of the weakest tanks I've seen at tier VI. It really doesn't have any redeeming qualities as far as I can tell, other than lead to the Black Prince with its trolly armoring.

Anyone have suggestions for this heap of scrap? I just can't seem to figure out how to have fun in it.

RE: World of Tanks - Fletcher - 05-08-2013

The Churchill VII is a wonderful tank! I got the Black Prince and I still have my Churchill VII, its great! Try not to lead charges, think of yourself as a very heavy support tank.

I sometimes derp about with the 3.7 inch howitzer, if you learn how to use it properly, you can take on anyone. But heavy tanks will soak up a fair few shots. For the howitzer, use auto aim on stationary targets and let the aiming circle lock on fully, and fire. At longer ranges, you can even hide behind obstacles completely! The firing arc is great if you get it right, the main problem is accuracy against moving targets, you've got to manually control it, aim at the floor of where the tank is going to be, and fire. It is pretty tricky, but its workable.