Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - ryoken - 02-19-2012

' Wrote:The su-85 is the last good td on this line until the BL 10.

Btw I don't use premium account. I will never pay for that. Until the cammo will be real and the bullet shoot really in the circle.

I got a few giftcards, and some codes. So i went gold crasy for awhile.

Also Volupta is right. To get tracks/engine/turret/guns is over 200K exp for the E-50. I am curently debating on L100/88 or 10.5. I like the accuracy,and pen for L100, but 10.5 has more damage. L100 faster firing, but 10.5 more damage. Hard choice. 8K more,and i have to decide.
Also i got 5 tier 8's all about to level, but cash for 1 only. IS4/T34/JagTiger/T95/Patton? all cost around 3.5mil arrggg.

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 02-19-2012

Go for 10.5 Ryo. Won't regret it:P

World of Tanks - 11of10 - 02-20-2012

Also, get T34, it's "about" to become a premium tank supposedly... (about being 2 weeks to 2 months, it seems)

World of Tanks - ryoken - 02-20-2012

' Wrote:Also, get T34, it's "about" to become a premium tank supposedly... (about being 2 weeks to 2 months, it seems)

Yup I was considering for that reason only. It sure as hell is not because i want a T34. Same as IS4 though as it is going tier 10 soonish. Although the IS4 rocks.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 02-20-2012

http://www.mediafire.com/?x3ja0615xddt3c8

Check this lovely player out. Only need to watch 2-3 minutes to see what i mean. Anyone else hate these guys?

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 02-20-2012

Hate is a strong word. They do tend to annoy the hell out of me, though :<

And dunno why, but there seems to be a lot more of them on EU server, especially at high tiers >_>

We all dislike lemming trains, right? But not all of them are bad, sometimes a well coordinated rush can win the day, I've seen it happen. The bad kind of lemming, however, is when they all go to one side and sit there, not coming back to defend, nor pushing forward.

Lemming.

In this case, it was also very bad. At first, I was undecided as in which way to go. Sindy was yelling at me to go right with him. But I decided to go left, and defend there. I can hold a flank for quite some time, so I was hoping that they would push right and win the day. However, they still managed to get butchered big time. Also, I have no idea what that BatChat was thinking. I should have probably focused on a single target, rather than shooting all of them, but I was trying to shoot as soon as the shell was loaded, for max damage. At some point, I managed to get my front pointed at all of them, I am quite sure that if that T25 hadn't flanked me (fast bugger) I could've killed them all. Oh well :/

Replay number two, VK4502A.

Many think this tank is inferior to the Tiger II, but I disagree. Most fail in this tank, because they play it like the Tiger II. But it doesn't have the armour or the high penetration gun of the KT. This one needs to be played much like the IS3, or a medium, that is very aggressively. You'll lose most peekaboos. This was a fun fight :3

Then again, my aggressiveness gets me killed a lot of times. I could most likely survived this battle if I hadn't rushed that T34 like that, and had waited for my platoon mate to flank it. Same with that T32 that actually killed me. Derp ))

Finally, an example of when rushing pays off. At the very beginning of that battle, I thought I was royally screwed. Had it been any other random, I would have been, since usually your team mates just sit there and watch you get pounded, too afraid to get their precious tanks scratched (probably the kind of player I dislike most). Luckily, I was platooning with Sindy and I yelled at him to come help (skype call). He did come, and we pulled that stunt off.

This is also my typical fighting style. As I said, I'm very aggressive, I get shot at a lot and all. I like to lead the charge. It works if the team mates follow and take advantage of the fact that I am the one eating the shells. It doesn't always work. Most of my fights, I either die a quick and lonely death, or survive with something like 18 hp D:

World of Tanks - 11of10 - 02-20-2012

A lemming train works fantastically when there is no arty and your top 2 tanks are Yankee heavies... and the map allows it. I remember using T32 on Lakeville to close the entire left side by myself. Just pop over the ridge, ding-ding-ding on my turret like a New Year, shoot at something (Something was an artillery piece that went down burning, their only one) and then kept IS3, DB, KV3 and 2 more tanks or TDs Tier 5 or 6 for quite a while... next thing you know, our dear lemming train is comming on their asse(t)s:)

Also, ryoken, regarding T34... if you can, use free XP to unlock the 120mm gun... otherwise, you'll end up crying... just like I do :/

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 02-20-2012

Anyone here have a Patton?

I sold my pershing to get one and Im regretting it since day 1. i got sick and tired of Type 59s but its even worse in the top tier. Am I doing something wrong or is the PAtton just a horrible tank?

Only played it on the test server. Currently have the Pershing unlocked, but never bought it. I also own an E50. As far as I can tell, the Patton is my favourite tier 9 medium. It's a bit awkward to play (not as much as the E50, or other German mediums) but all in all is great. Do you have it fully upgraded?