Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 04-22-2012

Haha, scumbag spazzy there:lol:

EDIT:

My best ever game in terms of kills, and its in a Hellcat in Erlenberg of all places!

My best game ever in a TD replay link

Quote:Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg 22 April 2012 22:30:50
Vehicle: M18 Hellcat
Experience received: 1,711
Credits received: 40,902
Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker, Boelter's Medal, Top Gun

I am a very happy panda, 8 kills, could of had more if I was a little faster... Need a gun laying drive.

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 04-23-2012

My friend just showed me one of the worst players I have ever seen. 3600 battles, 1700 in an M6 and only 24 in a T29.

Amount of kills amassed from 1700 battles? 200.

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 04-23-2012

so...many...retards... argh!

just had 8 consecutive moron teams in a row >.>

World of Tanks - Aurigae - 04-23-2012

One of my friends bought a Lowe for me today. All's good, aside of one thing - I never had a proper heavy tank, much less a level 8 one.

Long story short - wat do? Anyone has any tactics or something to share?

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 04-23-2012

Well, I have over 700 battles in a Lowe, so I'll try to share my experience.

Things to know about the Lowe: it's slow, very slow. Quite large and not so armoured, except on the turret. Angling your armour manually helps a lot. You can also get your engine destroyed and you can be set on fire by frontal shots, so avoid getting shot when possible. Your biggest advantage is the gun. Very accurate and with great penetration. So you're not a proper heavy (unless you are top dog), but more of a support tank. Follow bigger guns around and support them, while maintaining a certain distance from the front lines. You can lead a charge later in game, when the enemy's biggest guns are gun or badly hurt.

Of course, it makes tons of cash, which is what the tank is meant for.

I'll see if I have some replays to upload for you.

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 04-23-2012

Alright, here are some replays. But nothing special because, frankly, the Lowe is easy to play (like most heavies) and quite boring.

Replay 1/Replay 2/Replay 3

World of Tanks - ryoken - 04-23-2012

Also alot of games in a LOWE. It is at best when sniping from a distance. Like said above use a bigger tank as cover. Let him pop out to shoot/take hit, then you pop out and shoot. You can pen anything else in game with LOWE gun if you shoot right areas, and with the great gun LOWE has you can aim dead on. DO NOT GO NOSE TO NOSE WITH KT's/IS3's like most people do, and fail.
Your lower plate gets hit? you lose engine, or catch on fire 75% of the time, so protect that area when possible.
Other then that, have fun. I made 120K 1 game in a LOWE with 8 kills. It is IMO the best tier 8 prem, and i own LOWE/KV5/Type59.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 04-24-2012

Got the T20 today, and managed to get a Valentine since tank slots were half price. Nippy little thing on the turn, bad gun though.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Got the T20 today, and managed to get a Valentine since tank slots were half price. Nippy little thing on the turn, bad gun though.

The valintine does bounce alot in tiers it plays though. Also the gun is fine against anything tier 4 and under, just need to pick your spots. I love mine. Just fear those Hetzer DERPs, they hurt.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 04-24-2012

I'm starting to only load HE shells with the Valentine, if I can't get kills, I'll bloody get the Confederate!

EDIT: Just got away from a game in Malinovka, none of our tanks died. This was a tier VIII to V... We were, WTF.