Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - ryoken - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:I'm starting to only load HE shells with the Valentine, if I can't get kills, I'll bloody get the Confederate!

lol why no kills? I get tons in mine. Just think slow med, and play it that way. It can go head on most other tanks it meets, only the TDs are a big threat, and maybe the LEE if you meet it head on.

World of Tanks - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Got the T20 today, and managed to get a Valentine since tank slots were half price. Nippy little thing on the turn, bad gun though.
I enjoy the Valentine tank. Have it on my NA account. Its a fun tank, and frontal not much penetrates it, in the battle tiers its assigned. Doesn't have a weak turret armour like the churchill. And even though the gun is on the weak side, you got plenty of shells, plus quite fast reload and good accuracy. Allways try to pair up with other tanks, and you take the brunt of the hits frontal (for no damage), while keeping them busy and tracked. Let the heavier guns help you do the kill. Chances are good you get the kill, since you have the higher RoF.

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Got the T20 today, and managed to get a Valentine since tank slots were half price. Nippy little thing on the turn, bad gun though.

T20 eh? you're in for fun times. Just make sure you unlock the 105 asap. it seems the T20 is being put into matches lately where the 76mm does very little. even the M3 is almost redundant.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 04-24-2012

Just got out of a few games with the T20... the 76mm cannon is accurate as hell, but 0% damage is very common. Pretty much what I expected, its going to take a LONG time for me to get the parts necessary for the 105mm cannon. New turret, suspension... long way away.

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 04-24-2012

The T20 was a load of fun. But I do like the Pershing more. So far, my best tank and the one I have the most fun in. Unlocked the Patton, but it's going to be a while until I can raise enough cash to buy it, since I'm keeping the Pershing.

My ultimate goal in the game is to GET the M26 Pershing, simply because I love its all round glory.

That and I played Company of Heroes way too much and keep hearing the voice overs in my head when I play any tank that is also in that game...

"Sherman on point!"

"Achtung! Tiger!!"

EDIT: This line from CoH kept plugging my head up when I was grinding through the M5 Stuart too:
"For God sakes, get us out of here!!"

We should CoH together sometimes. Used to play a lot with Valinor and teschy. Wanna join us, occasionally?

Not played that game without cheating in a loooong time. :lol: May do if I get a chance.:)

XD Waddya mean by cheating? >.<

Don't worry, we are noobs as well, we managed to get out asses kicked by the NPC at normal difficulty once :/

By the way, if you have Opposing fronts, we also use this mod. It's quite great.

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:XD Waddya mean by cheating? >.<

Don't worry, we are noobs as well, we managed to get out asses kicked by the NPC at normal difficulty once :/

For serious? xD