Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 06-28-2012

For those who haven't seen it yet: It bounced off!

World of Tanks - SparkyRailgun - 06-28-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4URvWLShxc&t=4m18s

Lol'd.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 06-28-2012

Hehe was all right.

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 06-28-2012

I like how the Maus interior is a factory hall.

World of Tanks - Executioner - 06-28-2012

Quote:Student of CNS-Captain.Armin

Epic failure.

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 06-30-2012

How in god's name do you kill those ******* OP Type 59? their so called 'weak spot' bounces every 90mm shot I fire at it. the turret bounces every shot. its faster than a go cart and flatter than roadkill. (and people still say its not OP. I laugh at them. hard.)

My Pershing gets mauled by them. How the **** do you kill those rocket propelled nuclear bunkers?

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 06-30-2012

' Wrote:How in god's name do you kill those ******* OP Type 59? their so called 'weak spot' bounces every 90mm shot I fire at it. the turret bounces every shot. its faster than a go cart and flatter than roadkill. (and people still say its not OP. I laugh at them. hard.)

My Pershing gets mauled by them. How the **** do you kill those rocket propelled nuclear bunkers?
Easy, never under any circumstances are you to solo against a Type 59, they're the bullies of the medium tanks. Me, Spazzy and one of his mates got into a platoon and just wrecked everything in our path. Me in a T20, Spazzy in a M26 Pershing and the other in the type 59.

Should you ever be pushed into a solo encounter, all I can suggest is don't bother using AP on the front, track its treads and plant HE shells into its rear and hope you nail the engine and fuel tanks. Those Type's do seem awkward to torch, but once they do they die fast.

World of Tanks - blubba - 06-30-2012

No, target the cupolas if you can. One is commander, other is gunner (or is it loader?). Left side of turret will ammo rack it or hit it low in the side or rear for an almost guaranteed penetration.
Left side of turret often requires elevation otherwise you get a bounce.
It was OP but it got some adjustments (nerfs) and now it's just a tough old tier 8.
Good luck!

World of Tanks - sampankaj001 - 06-30-2012

Best way to kill a types is hits on the rear....

but if you cant just hit on the sides just above tracks...my T29 boomed at Type in 5 shots in sides...

Pershing died after scoring 5 shots (2 on rear, 2 bounce, 1 sides).....

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 07-01-2012

Type 59s are easy.

I've ammo racked them with my PzIII/IV, solo'd them with my T20 and utterly annihilated them with my Panther II.

They've got an ammo rack or a fuel tank located directly below the turret on the side. Put a few high damage shots their and you could see them splode or catch fire (it's how I did it with my PzIII/IV; dropped that sucker from 80% to nothing).

If they try hug you and aren't moving, take advantage of them trying to shoot you. Normally you can't pen their turret with something of equal tier, so you wait for them to turn it towards you as they try to fire. When they do this, it exposes the commanders hatch on the left side of the turret, pen that with anything for massive damage.

In a heavier medium (anything German from tier 6 up, Perhsing/Patton), ram the suckers, type 59s don't weigh much.

Their upper glacis can be penned by the 88 L/71 and the 90mm American gun. The 88 usually has no trouble, as it is mounted on fairly tall tanks, the 90mm might have trouble occasionally. When in doubt, try move your tank so it is about a metre higher than the type 59 (i.e. on a hill) so that you are firing down on them and reducing the slope on their armour.