Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 07-02-2012

meh... starting to hate the Pershing again. I must be doing something wrong because I just can't get any decent results with it most of the time. It's slow, big, fat and has paper armor for the battles the MM throws it in. furthermore it accelarates like a lorry and every single hit it gets some module is destroyed or a crew member is killed or both at once. I spend most time in this tank on fire, with a corpse for a gunner and a broken gun. how can people say this is a good tank? seriously, it's a total crunk of ****.

how the hell are you supposed to play it?

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 07-02-2012

I'm going to assume you play it like a T20, never ride alone because you're a medium, support the heavy tanks and pop in and out, flank whenever possible. Just don't go charging forwards.

' Wrote:I'm going to assume you play it like a T20, never ride alone because you're a medium, support the heavy tanks and pop in and out, flank whenever possible. Just don't go charging forwards.

I don't. the T20 is agile and fast enough for hit and run. The pershing isn't. I never run off alone.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 07-02-2012

' Wrote:How in god's name do you kill those ******* OP Type 59? their so called 'weak spot' bounces every 90mm shot I fire at it. the turret bounces every shot. its faster than a go cart and flatter than roadkill. (and people still say its not OP. I laugh at them. hard.)

My Pershing gets mauled by them. How the **** do you kill those rocket propelled nuclear bunkers?

I have a type-59 with about 400 games in it. It dies very easy, and alot of time to a 1 shot ammo boom on the side/rear area. In a pershing you can 1 on 1 a type-59 easy. I have in my pershing, and have been killed by a pershing. In my T32 i took on 3 type-59s alone(team all went other way) I killed 2, and arty finished last for me after i tracked it. You just never try to take one on head on, and try to keep your good armour to it. If that means stopping, and just rotating turret, and tank to keep pointed forward go for it. They got a crap gun, with low damage so do not fear 1 or 2 hits.

' Wrote:meh... starting to hate the Pershing again. I must be doing something wrong because I just can't get any decent results with it most of the time. It's slow, big, fat and has paper armor for the battles the MM throws it in. furthermore it accelarates like a lorry and every single hit it gets some module is destroyed or a crew member is killed or both at once. I spend most time in this tank on fire, with a corpse for a gunner and a broken gun. how can people say this is a good tank? seriously, it's a total crunk of ****.

how the hell are you supposed to play it?

Pershing is great. It is awesome for sniping busy targets with top 90MM. I took out a E100 alone in mine. Took me about 20 shots mind you, but keep circle slamming and your good. Never stop if possible, and keep your speed up. A stopped pershing is a dead Pershing.

Well, I dunno how the hell you guys get anything done with it. for me it's nothing but a frustrating series of getting set on fire after 1 shot, getting mauled by pretty much everything I come across and spending most of my time in this junk bucket with more than half of my stuff and crew broken or dead.

I should have gone with nice OP russian meds like 80% of the WoT players Q_Q

World of Tanks - sampankaj001 - 07-02-2012

Quote:A stopped pershing is a dead Pershing.

Best lines & true ones....
Two Pershing's & one type made a rush killing T-34-85, Panther II, 3 Tiger, Tiger P, IS, T44...

Dashiell at start Pershing is very hard & useless get some gears like tracks & engine, lovely gun....you will see it rocks....

World of Tanks - Hoihe - 07-03-2012

managed to get 800 XP in a PZ38Na (my avrg xp in that bucket of bolts is 100) lol... I love Airfield!

World of Tanks - Valinor - 07-03-2012

Dashy, the Pershing is a damn fine tank, if you are sucking in it, you are doing something wrong, you may as well share some replays on it, perhaps someone can see what you are doing wrong.

As for the T59, it's OP in the measure in which people don't know where to shoot. Where were you shooting on it?

Russian meds are not as OP as you think, believe me.

World of Tanks - sampankaj001 - 07-03-2012

Quote:Russian meds are not as OP as you think, believe me.

Only thing is that they got pretty damn good guns.....

World of Tanks - Valinor - 07-03-2012

' Wrote:Only think is that they got pretty damn good guns.....

I find the american 90mm to be way more enjoyable than the 100mm.