Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - VoluptaBox - 07-04-2012

' Wrote:I think it has a cannon with 6 shots, and another more powerful with 4 shots if memory serves. NEVER go up close to a Lorraine when its loaded, if you see it run and its got no cover, hunt that thing down even as a light tank! Lorraine40t has paper armour.

' Wrote:They have 6/4 round mags. Wait to you see it fire off its load, and then get up close and smash it before it reloads. Or nail it with arty, they are 1 shot dead by almost all arty. Plus do not bother with AP on frenchies, just use HE as they got no armour, and the HE will hurt more, and take out alot of crew, and gear.

Erm, no, both magazines are of 5 shots. The 90mm does less damage and has slightly less penetration, but reloads faster, both the clip and in between shots. The 100mm is awesome, but it takes more than 50 seconds to reload the clip and some 3 seconds between each shot, so that's like 18 seconds to unload a magazine. The ones with a 4 magazine clip are the tier 9-10 heavies.

' Wrote:i dont wanna spend money

Well, how to earn XP and credits. For one, play well. It ain't that easy. Look for replays from experience players (there are a few even in this thread), read the forums, etc. As for cash: usually tier 5 tanks make good cash. Most of them are decent money makers.

And Fletcher, I'm with Ryo on this one: every time I cannot believe the luck you have..

' Wrote:meh... starting to hate the Pershing again. I must be doing something wrong because I just can't get any decent results with it most of the time. It's slow, big, fat and has paper armor for the battles the MM throws it in. furthermore it accelarates like a lorry and every single hit it gets some module is destroyed or a crew member is killed or both at once. I spend most time in this tank on fire, with a corpse for a gunner and a broken gun. how can people say this is a good tank? seriously, it's a total crunk of ****.

how the hell are you supposed to play it?

The Pershing is one of my very favourite tanks, I bloody love it. If you want, we can platoon together sometimes. Lemme see if I can upload some replays:
http://www.wot-replays.org/replay/50075987...02072012161630/
This is the only one I got right now and not that great. Got a bunch more, but all from 7.2, so unless you have that client saved up, there's no point in uploading them.

' Wrote:Only thing is that they got pretty damn good guns.....

The Type uses the same gun as the T-34-85 basically, which is a tier 6. Every other tier 8 medium has a better gun.

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 07-04-2012

ok, I tried the 'HE a Type's tracks and then anally abuse it' tactic. it kinda works. got my crew at 100% now, and learning skills. there may still be hope yet for my pershing

World of Tanks - Blackvertigo1 - 07-04-2012

' Wrote:Get a premium tank/account.

You mean you purchase the game and if you want to play you have to give them something at a rate?

Not exactly. You can play the game for free. But you can also buy a Premium account, with real cash. It gives you a 50% bonus on all your XP and cash income, basically making progress a lot faster. But no real advantage as far as gameplay is concerned.

World of Tanks - Blackvertigo1 - 07-04-2012

' Wrote:Not exactly. You can play the game for free. But you can also buy a Premium account, with real cash. It gives you a 50% bonus on all your XP and cash income, basically making progress a lot faster. But no real advantage as far as gameplay is concerned.

So you mean one can buy the main program, and then buy like an expansion pack?

So one deposit for the game operating software and basic accessories, and a second separate deposit for a bonus/exclusive kit?

World of Tanks - Dashiell - 07-04-2012

no. the entire game is free. premium just means you get more exp and ingame money after a fight than people without a premium account.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 07-04-2012

There are two currencies used in the game.
Gold
&
Silver.

Silver is what you earn with every game you play and use to get repairs and standard ammunition. Gold is used to purchase certain vehicles, or you can use it to upgrade your account to 'Premium' for a certain amount of time.

Here is a wiki link:
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Gold_Economy

World of Tanks - Hoihe - 07-04-2012

People complain about Pz38Na...

But
look
Here.

Aye, I know it's not much, but I wonder... if avarge of 233 XP in pz38Na gives me Ace medal... then what is the avarge of others:wacko:?

That module is for suspension durability btw.