Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - ArmsAndLegs Guy - 07-31-2012

' Wrote:Well I do love it. Even when jack offs cut me off. It is always something new every day, and always a challenge. To use a quote from another job. "its not just a job, it is an adventure" lol. Some people look down thier noses though at Truck drivers thinking they are just dum un-educated people. But getting drivers license, then A license, then Z atachment, and road test for AZ license, plus airbrake course, air brake adjustment,Defensive driving, Dangerous goods, and then re-doing them every 5 years is not for stupid people. Atleast that is what is required in Canada. Not sure about USA and europe. Oh and must be 21years old here to.
But if you like to drive, and love to get around, and not be home alot it is a great job full of adventure, and great sites. Just be cautious around the "lot lizards" lol. ( i will let you look that up on yer own)
IRT... Go north young man.. Go north.

But yes, there are use of truckdrivers here in DK as well, although the rigs they drive are not as sexy as the ones we see on IRT.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 07-31-2012

Got an interview next week regarding a young drivers scheme, interesting. I'll be owned for a while, but it seems to be a high demand industry to me, logistics.

World of Tanks - ryoken - 07-31-2012

I would love to go IRT but what they do not tell you on the show is how much training you need, and how much you pay to insure the truck. They also fail to show all the down time because of storms. Trucks without a film crew following them are not permitted to drive alone.

On topic. So when is 7.5 hitting the NA server? I re-purchased the POS AMX12T so i get another free slot:crazy: You know i need another slot, i only have 19 currently. I love all these "you got tank A we give you free tank B with slot" updates.
What we need now is a free Barracks update. Mine is full of un-used fully 100 crews for arty, and lights i sold.
Hey Arms, you know if they are ever going to bring in the british tanks? or any french Prem tanks?

' Wrote:Got an interview next week regarding a young drivers scheme, interesting. I'll be owned for a while, but it seems to be a high demand industry to me, logistics.

Truck driving is in high demand even here. Problem is getting started, as they want a ton of experiance for insurance purposes, and where i am in city it is hard to get to where most truck yards are outside of the city. As public transit sucks in Canada, and starts at 6:00AM but truck companies start work at about 4-5:00AM. Why i am currently looking for a good used car/truck right now. Test drove 11 cars yesterday, and everyone had issues the salesmen were trying to hide lol. I swear to be a salesman you must have to have no morals at all. 1 car i test drove had almost no brakes. I could not sell a car like that without feeling horrible, and thinking "what if"

' Wrote:Truck driving is in high demand even here. Problem is getting started, as they want a ton of experiance for insurance purposes, and where i am in city it is hard to get to where most truck yards are outside of the city. As public transit sucks in Canada, and starts at 6:00AM but truck companies start work at about 4-5:00AM. Why i am currently looking for a good used car/truck right now. Test drove 11 cars yesterday, and everyone had issues the salesmen were trying to hide lol. I swear to be a salesman you must have to have no morals at all. 1 car i test drove had almost no brakes. I could not sell a car like that without feeling horrible, and thinking "what if"
No possibility you can bunk closer to the truck depot for a bit until you get the money to get a car or bike? Although I shudder to think of motorbiking in Canada...

' Wrote:No possibility you can bunk closer to the truck depot for a bit until you get the money to get a car or bike? Although I shudder to think of motorbiking in Canada...

lol. actually we have had 2 months of 30C+ weather here, and only 3-4 days of rain. It is a motorbikers dream weather. For summer i am doing a city contract driving garbage truck in downtown core. Very good pay, but only 2 month contract. Plus looks good on resume. So i got $8K in 2 months work, just need to find the car/truck i want. A city of over 100K in cars, but still dam hard to find one not abused all to hell used. I feel sorry for those looking who know nothing about cars, and trust salesmen.

World of Tanks - sindroms - 07-31-2012

http://i.imgur.com/SxTjH.jpg
Brb fishing.

Ooh look a penny!

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-01-2012

Is that with the new ingame physics?

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-01-2012

Physics.