Discovery Gaming Community
World of Tanks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: World of Tanks (/showthread.php?tid=60778)

World of Tanks - sindroms - 08-03-2012

KV1-s is really like a fat medium, but it was a nice tank to grind through. The armor is not that good, however, but it is a good allrounder. The T29 is a bit more specialized, especially with hulldown in mind, but it is not possible in city maps.

World of Tanks - Crackpunch - 08-03-2012

' Wrote:Do you like speed or armour more?
T-29 can take a beating, and hull down that turret is near im-penatrable.
KV1S is fast, and has a nasty up close gun, but dies easy.

I prefered the T-29 my self more.

I'm a big fan of the German tanks, so I'm used to slow and accurate.

World of Tanks - Fletcher - 08-03-2012

I'm currently grinding a KV-1 and a PzIV.

The KV-1 cannons are horrible, but I found a good all rounder with the 57mm, so it fights like a slow but sturdier Sherman to me. It's like a Churchill, just fatter.

As for the PzIV, not got all the guns yet, I'm considering not upgrading to the second turret so I'm more able to fight up close. Due to the matches I've been placed it, things are going to eat me anyway. Not to mention I hate how the second turret looks, I adore the look of a the medium barrel PzIV with stock turret.:)

World of Tanks - ryoken - 08-03-2012

' Wrote:I'm a big fan of the German tanks, so I'm used to slow and accurate.

If you prefer accurate guns go for the T-29. Not as good as german guns, but the KV1s gun is horrible for accuracy unless U use 85MM which just bounces off everything. 122MM is an up close, and kick that arse type of gun.

' Wrote:If you prefer accurate guns go for the T-29. Not as good as german guns, but the KV1s gun is horrible for accuracy unless U use 85MM which just bounces off everything. 122MM is an up close, and kick that arse type of gun.
I hate the 122mm with a passion, I once fired it near point blank at a T-50-2, guess what? It bounced. :mellow: Filled with an incurable hatred after a long reload fired on another KV-1. Guess what? No damage. That is when the shell actually decides to hit something.

I swapped to the 57mm and found it to be a far more reliable and more damage dealing gun since I find it to be the most accurate gun in the KV-1's arsenal.

World of Tanks - Gentlefood - 08-03-2012

' Wrote:I hate the 122mm with a passion, I once fired it near point blank at a T-50-2, guess what? It bounced. :mellow: Filled with an incurable hatred after a long reload fired on another KV-1. Guess what? No damage. That is when the shell actually decides to hit something.

I swapped to the 57mm and found it to be a far more reliable and more damage dealing gun since I find it to be the most accurate gun in the KV-1's arsenal.

Strange. I've had nothing but joy from my 122mm. I've taken down Tigers, KV-1S, IS, Jagdpanthers, etc with it as well. Just got to learn how to play with it. Not to mention it one shots things(its tier and lower) quite often with well placed shots. And its accurate enough to use from a stationary position on stationary targets across the map. The long reload time does take some getting used to, but it helps teach, at least it did help me, how to angle my armor against tanks at close range and I've bounced the 85mm KV-1 cannon all the time. I'm more afraid of derps because you can't really bounce those.

Hmm, I'll try to give the 122mm another chance, and I know where you're coming from with the DERP tanks... I was having the best games ever by using my M4, M4A3E8, and M10 tanks with the 105mm cannons to great effect. One shotting T-50's is just delicious. Not to mention you have some agility and a moderate reload speed.

Making Tiger II's cry foul when an M4 shoots it up the rear to torch it. Oh... that was a fun time in Himmelsdorf.

The 122MM has many MANY variants. The 1 in KV1s is shat. Horribly inacurate at best. I have shot it at a tank 400Ms away not mving 3 times fully zoomed, and watched all 3 fly everywhere but at the tank i was shooting at. Over 200M's just look for a new target.
Now the T-29 has the ole fateful 90MM at start, which is ok, buts lacks pen against most it faces(not sure now with new MM) but then the 105MM come along, and you can pen most things up to tier 9's if you aim proper. Also it is fairly accurate at ranges, and does better damage the german guns, but less then USSR(providing you pen with USSR).
So again. Stick with the T-29. It is a good all round tank IMO, and dam nasty if you find cover for body that turret peeks over.

World of Tanks - Gentlefood - 08-03-2012

' Wrote:The 122MM has many MANY variants. The 1 in KV1s is shat. Horribly inacurate at best. I have shot it at a tank 400Ms away not mving 3 times fully zoomed, and watched all 3 fly everywhere but at the tank i was shooting at.

Strange that your experience with the gun is so radically different from mine. I find the gun to readily shoot center or center up in the reticule if you give it time to steady.

' Wrote:Strange that your experience with the gun is so radically different from mine. I find the gun to readily shoot center or center up in the reticule if you give it time to steady.

When did U use it last. I played the KV1s almost a year ago last. Maybe they fixed the gun. Heaven forbid they make a USSR gun better.