Discovery Gaming Community
Lost all accounts - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Lost all accounts (/showthread.php?tid=60922)

Pages: 1 2

Lost all accounts - munsan - 06-04-2011

hey so I lost all my accounts when computer crash and I had to reset the hole thing, and did backup my old files, after the computer was all new again, I saw the backup files and most of the old files were gone, just some crap made it.

so can somone save my accounts, I had like 5 accounts saved on FLAM,

Lost all accounts - Kazinsal - 06-05-2011

The easiest way to get your stuff back is to PM an administrator with the names of at least one character per account, and proof of some form that they're actually yours. Hopefully, they'll be able to help you.

Good luck!

Lost all accounts - Ram - 06-05-2011

' Wrote:hey so I lost all my accounts when computer crash and I had to reset the hole thing, and did backup my old files, after the computer was all new again, I saw the backup files and most of the old files were gone, just some crap made it.

so can somone save my accounts, I had like 5 accounts saved on FLAM,
Search your whole computer for the file of you ships, thats how ive found mine many times, and i mean EVERYTHING in the My Documents....
Good luck man

Lost all accounts - munsan - 06-05-2011

I did the search and found nothing, I will just pm an admin and hope they help, thanks.

Lost all accounts - Ram - 06-05-2011

' Wrote:I did the search and found nothing, I will just pm an admin and hope they help, thanks.

Okay, and next time put the account file on the desktop or a special folder to keep safe:P

Lost all accounts - munsan - 06-05-2011

yes I will sure keep that in mind:laugh:

Lost all accounts - Mickk - 06-05-2011

' Wrote:Okay, and next time put the account file on the desktop or a special folder to keep safe:P
Don't just do that, print them all out and put them with your Freelancer CD, you won't lose them then.

Lost all accounts - Chapaev - 06-05-2011

Your last account has been preserved in Windows registry and you can find it in registry editor :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
-Software
-Microsoft
-Microsoft Games
-Freelancer
-1.0 . . . (click in here)

Lost all accounts - Mickk - 06-05-2011

' Wrote:Your last account has been preserved in Windows registry and you can find it in registry editor :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
-Software
-Microsoft
-Microsoft Games
-Freelancer
-1.0 . . . (click in here)

That will get him one account back..... if he is lucky.

I'm fairly sure that only one user ID is stored in the registry at once.

Lost all accounts - aerelm - 06-05-2011

For now, PM an admin with your char names as was already suggested.

But to prevent this from happening in future... Export all your accounts to an ADF file, then attach it to an email and send it to your own mail address. This way, you'll have it stored in your mailbox, and can even access it from another computer if needed.