Discovery Gaming Community
Corsair and Xeno alliance? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Corsair and Xeno alliance? (/showthread.php?tid=6557)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - Zapp - 02-28-2008

EDIT: Oh crap, typed yes twice... the second yes is supposed to be 'no'

---

OK, let's lay it out for you...

Kusari:
The Outcasts have... GC and BD
The Corsairs have... Hogosha and FA

Bretonia:
The Outcasts have... Mollys
The Corsairs have... Gaians

Rheinland:
The Outcasts have: Hessians (by extension of that, Bundschuh and LWB)
The Corsairs have: NOTHING

Liberty:
The Outcasts have: Rogues and Hackers
The Corsairs have: NOTHING

---

You see the misbalance? Corsairs only have 3 allies, and the Outcasts have 6 listed, an actual of 8. This is a bit out of whack... and coming from someone who wants the Outcasts to rule Sirius, you know that this is a bit off...

So, what do you think? Or maybe some alternative alliances? Not many other people left..

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - Eppy - 02-28-2008

Well, it could present some interesting opportunities...I'd like to have a few battles in Liberty...but it smells fishy, I have to be honest. ANd I certainly don't need the LSF retaliating into Alpha...

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - mjolnir - 02-28-2008

All the independent corsairs will get reason to come to liberty....

Unioners allied with Corsairs was much better...

I would put that one back

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - Teknikal - 02-28-2008

Might want to put an option for no on this poll yes or yes seems a little biased.
I dont think it's a terrible Idea personally but could cause problems with more corsairs in liberty and we would need to avoid things like xenos buying osiris etc.

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - Zapp - 02-28-2008

Quote:Might want to put an option for no on this poll yes or yes seems a little biased.
Read my first line... it was a typo, and you can't change polls after you've made them... the second 'yes' is really 'no'.

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - frozen - 02-28-2008

i wont say a yes to xeno and corsair alliance, but yes to a unioner and Corsair one.

by having a xeno/corsair alliance, it gives indy corsairs to come to NY, which shouldnt be happening at all IMO

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - I_m_rdy - 02-28-2008

My answer regarding your poll is: The second yes:P

Xenos should not have foreign allies, as they are fighting against them. Simple as that, and I don't like having independents OORPing in capships roaming in Liberty. Bushmaster wouldn't be happy about that:P

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - Teknikal - 02-28-2008

Ok I spotted it was a mistake didnt notice you pointing it out though my apologies.

I think the alliance in principle is a good idea by the way would make a bit more variety in game dont think the Xenos should be able to get anything bigger than a Bomber though allied or not (unless the ID changes of course) and from a RP point of view its's tricky wouldn't xenos hate corsairs for being foriegners.
I can see potentially however how the Corsairs might sympathise with them.

Just my thoughts

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - McNeo - 02-28-2008

A little bit of information I gathered on this is that Xenos are very xenophobic to foreign lawful shipping. They want to oust the Junkers and the Rogues and take over the Cardimine trade to put a stranglehold on Liberty.

Out of this, they would either continue the Junker trade and ally with the Outcasts, or suffocate Liberty of Cardimine and trade in artifacts instead, allying with the Corsairs.

But I do agree, the indie problem would become silly, like it was a few months ago..

But I dont agree that we will have Xenos in Osiris', because the Xeno ID says fighters and bombers only. We might have a problem with Xenos in Praetorians, but the Taiidan is probably a better choice, along with the Roc, especially after the new one comes out.

As a Corsair, of course I would like this, but it should be considered at a later date. Of more importance is why the Corsairs lost their foothold in Rheinland. I don't know why that happened, as the Unioners are looking to overthrow the Hessians when they get the chance. The last thing they would do is work with them, and who better to ally with than the Hessian's enemy, the Corsairs? I never understood why that happened, and I think neither did Kress.

EDIT: I abstain.
EDIT2: I appreciate a person from the other side commenting on the imbalance... at least I dont seem like so much of an idiot now, I hope.

Corsair and Xeno alliance? - chopper - 02-28-2008

In a normal case, I would say yes on a variation of those proposals.
However, my personal opinion is that Liberty is heavily overwhelmed.
People must go out, 20-30 people in NY every day is nonsense.

I also never understood that change with the Unioners.
It wasn't even discussed, or at least I didn't see it.
It was just done, like, poof!
And I most certainly don't like it.
And while that was done just like that, it was said that Blood Dragons can't become independent of Outcasts, which would actually be much more logical then the Unioner affair.
It's screwed.