Discovery Gaming Community
Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: Calling all photoshop gurus...again (/showthread.php?tid=6566)

Pages: 1 2 3

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Marburg - 02-28-2008

I've hit the limit of my knowledge on this, & I'm willing to pay a willing volunteer:

I've been working on a 'snapshot' of the entrance foyer of my main character's base of operations, & I don't have the know-how to add some things that absolutely HAVE to be included.

[attachmentid=4553]

The fee can be haggled, but I'm offering a base of 15M

What I need is:

A medium-thick layer of fog across the floor
A couple of exposed industrial steam pipes on a wall or two
A fair amount of plantlife
& a general sprucing up of the picture quality

Those interested are more than welcome to PM me w/ any questions, comments, gripes, or complaints:)

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - ioha - 02-28-2008

Hm, the picture quality would be a problem here... I can resharpen it, but that comes with some real nasty grain (well, except you love the "grain style")...

Do you have a bigger version of the image? Maybe even the .psd with the layers?

Quick edit: oh, and maybe this should be moved to the media centre.

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Marburg - 02-28-2008

I do have the .psd:cool:
(but it's not any bigger)

& yeah, I tend to try to make my pics w/ a grainy 'old west' feel to them, (which is why they are all so dominated by one color) ...anyway, sharpness is unimportant...but for lack of a better way to explain it, I would like the layers to blend in better, & not have the 'cut-& paste' look it has now.

::& yeah, good point: 'media center' would have been a better place to post:::crazy:

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - ioha - 02-28-2008

No bigger .psd means no bigger resolution. Hmm.
Alright, I guess I'll give it a try tomorrow. Can't promise that much though...

The right part (the "Green Hell" entrance) is kind of blurry, not really fitting in, guess I'll resharpen that, make the stalagmite (or stalagtite? whatever...) a tad more green, add the fog on the floor and some fern in the foreground (fern seems most fitting because of the ornaments on the ceiling).

I'll do that when I've had some sleep, so don't expect the result before 11am GMT. Hope that's fast enough:)
(if not, maybe one of the other graphic masters'll take care of it)

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Marburg - 02-29-2008

Fast enough? YEAH! (I figured it would take a few weeks before someone would even get around to getting started)

TY in advance for spending your time on this:laugh:

The 'Green Hell' sign above the door was abit of an issue for me, so I did the best I could to make it passable, then crashed for the night.

What appears to be stalactites are accually exposed tree roots embedded in the cavern floor & roof

(I need to learn when to lay off of the blur tool :mellow:)

Anyhoo, everything else you mentioned sounds good to me, except for 1 request:

could'ja throw in a little ivy?

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Dopamino - 02-29-2008

If I didn't have a 1000 word essay due Monday, I would work on my own. I'll have time to give suggestions and critiques though;)

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Xing - 02-29-2008

I'll give a try maybe, but sounds very tough challenge. especially for the pipes, I'll probably have to model some out of mqo.

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Marburg - 02-29-2008

My prob w/ the pipes is that when I finally googled up a pic I liked, I didn't know how to orient them in the spot I wanted...& the fog? I found a tutorial on how to do it, but I didn't wanna read the other tutorials to learn the terms used in the fog tutorial itself:crazy:

(example: I have yet to learn what 'feathering' means...much less how to do it)

That's one reason why my pics are the way they are...I really dig shadows & grain, but it also serves a duel purpose to hide the countless flaws & knowledge gaps.

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - Xing - 02-29-2008

I think fog shall be done through brushing.

Calling all photoshop gurus...again - ioha - 02-29-2008

Sorry, I wasn't at home until 11.50am, so it took me a bit longer.

Anyways, for instance, I've got this here:

[Image: greenhellet1.png]

As you can see, I've added some ivy and fern and the fog on the ground. The whole image is now a lot more grainy and a tad desaturated (matching the "foggy" atmosphere).

The steam pipes will be difficult... I'll see what I can do about them. What about the plants? More of them?

I'll eat something now, I'll be back later:)