Discovery Gaming Community
Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Feedback for The Gaian Underloch (/showthread.php?tid=66474)

Pages: 1 2 3

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Marburg - 09-19-2011

We still have a number of minor things to do, but I figure the NLH reboot is done enough to go ahead & roll out now. We can tweak as we go anyway since it will take a few days to settle into the new skin.

Obviously, This thread's for feedback, so if you have any questions, comments, gripes or complaints...Lay it on us.

[Image: GUnderlochFaclogos.png]
Faction Tag: [U]
ID: Gaian Guard
Home System: Lewis, Bretonia (Restricted)

It is a proven, measurable fact that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. It can be observed and repeated to identical results every time because of the natural laws that bind it to the environment we all live in. It'€™s the natural laws that regulate our breathing and the temperature of the stars in the same way they allow for the physical actions of thought and movement.
It'€™s the natural laws that allow inertia, as it limits the speed of time into a lifespan.

Despite all of its flaws, the Universe is a perfect machine that Gaia symbolizes.

Somewhere down the memory hole, the Gaians got lost. For years, our institutional memory has been passing on a dimming torch that today, no longer gives off any light. Only smoke.

We are The Gaian Underloch and we are sick of it.
The NLH is dead and we reclaim its body in the name of the Old Guard.

In the early days of the Gaian movement, long before we sold ourselves to the Corsairs, long before we were overrun by blindly idealistic collegiates, we had clarity of purpose. We had The Gaia Principal guiding us. We had something to say, and we were heard. Either by bullhorn, bullet or bomb.

...and we will be heard again.

To be clear, Nature's Last Hope was weak and deserved it's fate. In time, alongside the Green Front, it became too enamored of itself with naive fantasies and willfully ignorant of the broader nature of nature, the reason the Gaians fight within it, and at the end, was nothing but an ineffectual and terminal parody of itself.

Good riddance to you both.

Our primary goals:

[Image: UnderlochLogoX.png]

[color=#000000]Crush Planetform Inc.

[color=#000000]The Universe is a living thing and evolves at its own pace, not ours. To artificially accelerate planetary evolution introduces human error into a non-human symbiotic system. Terraforming is a malignancy, and Planetform is the antigen that causes it.
Fascists and parasites, the lot of them. We will abandon the ones we capture into a desolate area and allow Nature to claim them at its own speed.

Atrophy the Edinburgh tourist industry and expel Orbital Spa and Cruise from Gaian space
[color=#000000]The impact of large scale tourism upon the ecosystem of planet Gaia is wholly unacceptable. The Orbital Spa and Cruise tourist ship, The Shetland, hangs in high orbit above the planet, spewing mass amounts of compacted rubbish and contaminated Human waste into the atmosphere. So much in fact, that the surface of the planet is scarred with thousands upon thousands of pockmarked craters, segregated within a narrow, man-made latitude line underneath the luxury craft that we have dubed 'The Tropic of Cancer'
Those we capture alive will be removed from their escape pods, striped naked and jettisoned into Gaia, becoming themselves as the trash they create.

Bring BMM to their knees
[color=#000000]The other corporate malignancy, BMM, saps the natural resources of Gaian space with reckless disregard of ecological symbiosis. They bleed the planets and belts they infest like leeches, tipping the natural balance and leaving every area they touch as impotent husks of its former selves. We are the salt of the Universe and those we allow to live will be taken prisoner and slowly liquefied alive piece by piece with acid and used as fertilizer for our Edinburgh biosphere.

Our secondary goals:

[color=#000000]To expand our fist within reach of California Minor in order to (over time) amputate by a thousand cuts, Planetform's foothold on the throat of the planet.

Strengthen Gaian infrastructure with an eye towards expansion, to better secure our foundation for the generations of Gaians yet to be born.

Approved ships:
[color=#000000]Gaian
[color=#999999]::Link redacted by order of the Gaian Guard::
(*Out-of-Faction use of the Claymore and the [color=#999999]::Censored:: are subject to license and tariff fees as well as a mandatory background check.)
Farmers Alliance
[color=#000000]Hogosha
[color=#000000]Civillian
[color=#000000]Approved weapons:
[color=#FFFFFF]Gaian
Farmer's Alliance
Hogoshan
Civillian

[color=#000000]The Underloch Zone of Influence:
[Image: newzoipitch.jpg]
(ver.0 pic)

Underloch Diplomacy:
[color=#006600]Allied:
[color=#006600]Farmer's Alliance
Hogosha

[color=#CCCCCC]Neutral:
[color=#CCCCCC]Zoners
Colonial Remnant
Corsairs
The Council
Gallic Brigands
IMG
Junkers
Kusari Naval Forces
Kusari State Police
Kishiro Technologies
The Maquis
Samura Industries
Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army
Unione Corse

[color=#990000]Hostile:
[color=#990000]Planetform, Inc.
Bretonia Armed Forces
Bretonia Police
Bounty Hunters Guild
Outcasts
Mollys
Blood Dragons
Golden Chrysanthemums
Lane Hackers
Liberty Navy
Liberty Police Incorporated
Liberty Rogues
Liberty Security Force
Ageira Technologies
BMM
Border World Exports
Cryer Pharmaceuticals
EFL Oil & Machinery
Gallic Metal Service
Gallic Royal Navy
Gallic Royal Police
Gateway Shipping
Ile-de-France Shipping
Independent Neuralnet Department
Interspace Commerce
Orbital Spa & Cruise
Slomon K'Hara

[color=#000000]Ranking Information:
[color=#000000]Warloch- [color=#999999] Faction Leader
[color=#000000]Sergeant At Arms- [color=#999999] Second in command
[color=#000000]Guardsman- [color=#999999] Full Member who has reached 'Gaian Guard' status
[color=#000000]Watchman- [color=#999999] Member who is tapped and within the process of completing the Guard trials
[color=#000000]Prospect- [color=#999999] Raw, probationary member

[color=#000000]Active Member Roster:
Matthew 'Banger' Grim (Warloch)- [color=#000000][U]The.Penny.Dreadful
Shamus O'Shaunessy (Sergeant At Arms)- [U]-Mad.Fishmonger, [U]-Trismegistus
Jonah Blint (Guardsman)- [U]- The.Plaguemonger, [U]- Marrowrot, [U]- Pestilent
Robert Shaw (Guardsman)- [U]-Robert.Shaw
Steven O'Grady (Guardsman)- [U]~Liquid.O'Grady

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - rewritable - 09-19-2011

Irrational bunch of moderately high hippies with a glorified sense of mission and self-importance?
How can you not love that?

I hope this gets going well, Gaians are always interesting to meet because you never knew what to expect, partly due almost no vanilla lore, partly due to very different level of radicalism gaian characters have.

So I see you've decided to go full hostile to Cryer as well. That's all fine and logical, due to the nasty medical things that are done to gaian fauna on regular basis "for the greater good". Yet the origin of gaians is somewhat CRI, so I'd think there might be some difference in opinions among gaians regarding that.

What about Harris? It's kind of next-door to Edinburgh, and quite a stronghold of Planetform. And it's a fair deal closer to both Edinburgh and to the end of Terraforming than California Minor.

Oh, and Curacao? Considering gaians hate a single liner orbiting a planet, an entire planet of resorts is probably one's worst nightmare. Or has it been given up already?

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - mwerte - 09-19-2011

[2:44:49 PM] mwerte: I love your map
[2:44:51 PM] mwerte: just sayin

Other then that it looks good, I hope it improves your activity.

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Silver - 09-19-2011

Finally, missed you guys in Bretonia.
And get some terrorism on.

<3

P.S: Pay the tab, misters:smile2:

Thanks for the support y'all:)

Well, the primary reason that we have our eye on Cal Minor in lieu of Harris is because Harris is already in our strikezone & attacked by NPC's all the time, so it's logical enough to concentrate on another direction. I'm of the firm belief that a characters are able to travel up to 3 systems outside of their primary space. as long as there is a friendly base in the 3rd system to allow for resupply, then the faction's frontier reach expands another 3 & so on. I just figured I'd tone it down & be conservitave to avoid any complaints of over-reaching.

Cal Minor is only 2 systems removed from primary gaian space & thanks to planetform being reason to go there, it seems illogical not to expand our secondary borders into the ass end of liberty...& Curacao is square in our sights as well

Oh, & the map will be replaced when Cawdor let's me know the replacement is ready:yes:

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Enoch - 09-19-2011

Is it a re-vamp or a whole new faction ?

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Silver - 09-19-2011

Funny fact. I skimmed down the Diplomacy and for two secs i went "Q_Q Y NO REAVERS ON BFF'S LIST?"

Then i remembered. Reavers. Duh.

And ye. If the main objective is to hit Planetform, California fits well for it.
We'll see tree-huggers in the Ice Fields! Beware!

<3

' Wrote:Is it a re-vamp or a whole new faction ?
yes:tease:

seriously

::edit- the diplomacy list atm is strictly NPC...the player diplomacy will be done as we make contact with the different groups::

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Slainte - 09-19-2011

Good to see you guys back:)looking forward to being run out of town on my Gateway):)

Feedback for The Gaian Underloch - Marburg - 09-20-2011

Y'know, probably not a bad idea to make a small facsheet of information that might help you all decide how to RP with us ingame. We are figuring it out right alongside you guys, so we'll see how it works.

First & foremost, The [U] are terrorists. We are not going to spout green propaganda at you or look at a picture of a flower, get all weepy and fly off to save the Zoner Whales...Nosir. We would much rather terrorize you.

There. that just about covers it.