Discovery Gaming Community
To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. (/showthread.php?tid=69155)

Pages: 1 2

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Dusty Lens - 11-24-2011

-( [color=#FFFFFF]Incoming Transmission )-
-( '€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢'€¢ )-
-( Interspace Commerce )-
-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
Salutations,

Mr. Mahone recently, ah, graciously abdicated his position as the head of Interspace Commerce due to medical reasons, time with the family and so on. Mr. Gregory Lanche was voted by our board of trustees to replace Mr. Mahone. I was hired as an independent contractor by Mr. Lanche to resume the line of dialogue that Mr. Mahone was attempting with Liberty's department of commerce. Attempting is a term that I'll employ graciously, having been recently made familiar with the transcripts.

If your office remains willing, on behalf of my employer, I would like to resume examination of the matter originally brought forward by Mr. Mahone.

-( Transmission Terminated )-

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-25-2011

Timothy Rhyme;

Mister Mahone seemed particularly unwilling to match the level of risk that we would be taking in allowing Interspace Commerce the rights he was negotiating for, a position I hope is not matched by the company in his absence. As you say, the attempts at were sub-par. I would attribute this to the aforementioned aversion to risk, perhaps coupled by an attempt to gain a "free lunch".

That kind of businessperson is common not just in Liberty, but Sirius as a whole. His actions were quite transparent as I'm sure a wealthy and experienced man such as yourself would agree.

We are always willing to discuss mutually beneficial arrangements, so please go ahead.

Yours,

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics.

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Dusty Lens - 11-25-2011

-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
Mr. Hawthorne.

While Mr. Mahone lacked the acumen to establish connections for success that went beyond family pandering, a level of frustration on his part is understandable. Interspace's NeuralNet Division, a small segment of which decided to abscond from the company, parlayed for those shipping rights under the Interspace Commerce banner, with Interspace Commerce funds and in pursuit of Interspace Commerce directives.

In a sense Interspace Commerce finds itself in the rather frustrating position of paying for the same lunch twice, so to speak.

That being said, if the sandwich need paying for a second time then I'm willing to swipe someone else's card without much issue or concern. I've been granted full authority in deciding upon the course of action Interspace Commerce need embark to see things put to right, as such I'm of a mind that we can reach an agreeable accord. Given the Libertonian origin of the company and heavy cooperation with the parent companies of the same nation I sincerely doubt that there would be any obstacle too high.

Given the nature of our request, which is essentially an entreaty to allow our international standards to persist even in a time of international conflict across Sirius, it seems prudent that we discuss the possibility of playing to our greatest strengths in employing those same international rights to secure those goods that the Republic is current unable to easily procure. Bretonia cannot supply Liberty with MOX given recent territorial losses, Kusari is maintaining a totalitarian stranglehold on outbound assets and restricting the shipping of the same to those companies whom, to be frank, own the government. Bretonia needs war machines and a contribution to the exodus of its refugee populations whom in turn feed Liberty's base industrial needs. The list goes on and on.

In short, if you need a proof of intent to back our request for relief we're sure that we can find some way to right the balances. You need simply name the poundage of flesh.

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-29-2011

Timothy Rhyme;

That is an interesting idea mister Rhyme, and one that mister Mahone failed to table. There are a few notable shortages in Liberty, which I assume most would be acutely aware of. Chief among these is the issue of fuel.

As you know, the Republic is currently dependent on H-fuel for much of its energy and transportation needs. Despite concerted attempts at changing this in recent months, such a process is proving to be expensive and slow. Rome wasn't built in a day, as the saying goes.

Given your suggestion, what we would like to see from Interspace Commerce would be the shoring up of supply of these fuel products. As H-fuel is still our primary energy source, we would be appreciative of Interspace Commerce contributing to easing the shrink of supply here. To this end, I think that 50,000 units of H-fuel would go a long way to easing our concerns here.

However, I do not agree with your assertion that Interspace Commerce finds itself paying for the same thing twice. The Independent Neuralnet Division negotiated an agreement on its own behalf which never extended to its parent company, even when they were known as the Interspace Neuralnet Division.

I would also question the closeness of Interspace Commerce's recent relationship with the Republic and her major corporations, Deep Space Engineering, Universal Shipping Incorporated and Ageira Technologies. It seemed to my colleagues and I that the Interspace Commerce of today was looking to sever its ties with the Republic in order to attempt to fulfill a convoluted international agenda.

Then again, this is probably just a difference of opinion between you and I.

Please tell me what you and your employers think. Of course, this would be in exchange for the permissions that Interspace Commerce are looking for. That list could be extended should your employers prove their commitment to the Republic further.

Yours,

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Dusty Lens - 11-29-2011

-( Timothy Rhyme )-
[font=Comic Sans Ms]
An agreeable accord and one I've little doubt we can meet. We'll post the shipments to this channel upon completion.

As to the notion that there's a measure of internal madness... With the recent turnovers I'm hardly surprised that rumors have been flying concerning the mission and outlook of Interspace Commerce, but suffice it to say that our relations with our corporate neighbors whom assisted in the construction of the Okinawa system remain as strong as ever.

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-29-2011

Timothy Rhyme;

Your assent on behalf of Interspace Commerce is welcome, mister Rhyme.

I hope to receive the proof of purchase of H-fuel from the Gas Miners Guild, and the proof of delivery to the Republic soon. This will reassure the doubters of the commitment of Interspace Commerce to a strong and prosperous Liberty, and open doors that mister Mahone failed to see.

Yours,

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Avalanche - 11-29-2011

[font=Arial Narrow]-[ Incoming Transmission ]-
-[ [color=#33CCFF]Interspace Commerce
]-

[font=Arial Narrow]Order Up!
Gregory Lanche here onboard the Disgusting Profits Stork transport. I wanted to oversee the first batch of goods.
[color=#33CCFF]♠ Buying it from the GMG
[color=#33CCFF]♠ Sale of H-fuel on Baltimore Shipyard
So far delivered: 4,980 / 50,000

[font=Arial Narrow]-[ [color=#33CCFF]You Finished Yet? ]-
-[ [color=#33CCFF]Transmission Terminated
]-

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - The Republic Of Liberty - 11-30-2011

Gregory Lanche;

Good to see the first shipments getting through to our facilities. Keep it coming gentlemen.

Yours,

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Narcotic - 11-30-2011

COMM ID: IC|Newport
SOURCE: New York, Baltimore Shipyard
SUBJECT: H-fuel delivery
TO: William Hawthorne

Greetings gentlemen,

Nick speaking here; we just delivered [size=small]10.000 tons of H-fuel from Gas Miner Naha to Baltimore Shipyard.
So far delivered: 14,980 / 50,000

I had a small incident on my way through Kusari Space; I got stoped by a KNF officer for a cargo scan. He told me, that I'm not allowed to carry that H-fuel through Kusari. So he made me pay a small fine.
Here an extract from the Kusari Laws:
' Wrote:Following products are restricted to Samura, Kishiro, ALG, Daummann, Republican, Kruger (ID+IFF).
  • Samura:
    H-Fuel
That was all so far.

Best regards,
[color=#33CCFF]Nick Newport

To: William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics. - Avalanche - 12-03-2011

[font=Arial Narrow]-[ Incoming Transmission ]-
-[ [color=#33CCFF]Interspace Commerce
]-

[font=Arial Narrow]Order Up!
[color=#33CCFF]♠ Buying it from the GMG
[color=#33CCFF]♠ Sale of H-fuel on Norfolk Shipyard
Unfortunately forgot to take an image. Bought from Nana station.
Sale of H-fuel on Norfolk Shipyard
So far delivered: 34,905 / 50,000

[font=Arial Narrow]-[ [color=#33CCFF]You Finished Yet? ]-
-[ [color=#33CCFF]Transmission Terminated
]-